Author Topic: AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA FROM MICHAEL MOORE  (Read 4635 times)

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA FROM MICHAEL MOORE
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 09:35:49 pm »
The situation in Afghanistan is dire. They should have done this 9 years ago, now they (T and A) are thoroughly entrenched. It's almost a lose, lose situation for him.

He leaves, and it things get worst it's his fault. He stays and it's his fault.

Disagree.

I believe we'll get a better idea exactly what the long term strategy will be after his announcement tonight, then we can speculate further.

The writing is on the wall. Vic pretty much laid out a lot of his issues...add this and he has really big problem. I'm a supporter, but I'm calling it how I see it. It's damned if you do, damned if you don't for him...

The thing is T and A have a very strong foothold in Afghanistan. They have had NINE YEARS to regroup. 9 years...Moore points about USSR is vaild. That is what happend. Now we just game them 9 years to plan?

All I'm saying, more Democrats and progressives want out of war. Americans are sick of it...but if he leaves...he looks weak, and if something else happends...it would be his fault. He is walking a very thin line...a balancing act..and Vic is right at some point he is going to need to choose.
e
This is only talking about war...the issue Vic brough up makes things worst.

Obama will cakewalk to a second term.

The Republicans are in the process of implosion and if it comes together the way I think it will, Palin will be a third party candidate after the last sane conservatives push her out of the GOP.

The President will repeal D.A.D.T and that will be enough to secure that base.

Black people never went anywhere before; voting for Democrats in the 90th percentile, they aren't going anywhwere now.

Enough troops will leave the region to give Move-On room to absolve him.

There is also the one option that instantly turns Obama into an untouchable saint.

The Obama administration will prosecute Cheney for his role in the Iraq War!