Author Topic: Cosmic Significance of T' Challa and Storm's marriage and their future children.  (Read 9258 times)

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
<<Sorry, the whole black man as animal still chaffs me. >>

But wouldn't that deny the use of Egyptian mythology?  Man-beast imagary is strong in Egypt. Is there any other man-beast imagary in other African myths?

Two separate things, IMO.  Externally imposed African to monkey, ape , etc. images to support/justify racism and subjugation is not the same as ancient Egyptian mythos.

Oooohhhh, and here's where we start to walk on eggshells, much like The Frog Princess/house-maid issue.  For the sake of being PC do we not do anything that might come across as offensive or do we write the story we want to write and accept the backlash?

Jenn

Here's a ridiculously stupid concept: don't have a 14-year-old black boy running around on all fours. It would be different if Azari was five or something (it would almost be kind of cute), but he's a half-grown man. Probably older than T'Challa was when he was banging Storm went on his walkabout. Set his big ass up!

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
Here's a ridiculously stupid concept: don't have a 14-year-old black boy running around on all fours. It would be different if Azari was five or something (it would almost be kind of cute), but he's a half-grown man. Probably older than T'Challa was when he was banging Storm went on his walkabout. Set his big ass up!

Azari is more then shown in the movie, which according to Yost would be explored in the next one. He is said to have more of the Panther Spirit then usual.  He has an issue controlling the Black Panther Spirit, and he has huge amount of energy inside that he refuses to let loose he is afraid of what could happend. I think he is a were-pather.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 07:40:47 am by Seven »

Offline Shade

• View Profile

Azari is more then shown in the movie, which according to Yost would be explored in the next one. He is said to have more of the Panther Spirit then usual.  He is has issue controlling the Black Panther Spirit, and he has huge amount of energy inside that he refuses to let loose he is afraid of what could happend. I think he is a were-pather.

Please god no @ the bolded. That would be cheap and lazy not to mention boring. Btw is there a link to where he talked about that? I never saw that interview.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 05:34:54 am by Shade »
Kiss the sky!

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
I can't find it, buy yeah along those lines. In fact T'chaka of MC2 which has it's own verison of Next Avengers called A-Next (Avengers Next) is a were-panther.

Offline Shade

• View Profile
I can't find it, buy yeah along those lines. In fact T'chaka of MC2 which has it's own verison of Next Avengers called A-Next (Avengers Next) is a were-panther.

I really just hope they don't go that route on the next movie. I hated it on the Ultimate Avengers 2 movie (Hated the whole depiction of BP and Wakanda but that's another point) and I would hate it anywhere else.
Kiss the sky!

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile

I really just hope they don't go that route on the next movie. I hated it on the Ultimate Avengers 2 movie (Hated the whole depiction of BP and Wakanda but that's another point) and I would hate it anywhere else.

Yeah that movie sucked big time...but T'chaka from MC2 was better then that, and totally different. He was superhuman period.

so if Azari got both (meaning that, and Storm's electrical powers) he would be pretty powerful in theory.

Now if i had my choice of powers for their kid(s) they would be totally different (aside from being superhuman).

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I guess one thing that confuses me is we see Kevin G writing himself as a werewolf in Underworld, but then people have problems with a were-panther.  I don't see the difference.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Azari is more then shown in the movie, which according to Yost would be explored in the next one. He is said to have more of the Panther Spirit then usual.  He has an issue controlling the Black Panther Spirit, and he has huge amount of energy inside that he refuses to let loose he is afraid of what could happend. I think he is a were-pather.

I wouldn't mind that (as long it was kind of similar to ), but I'd prefer a energy/electric panther from.
Pull List

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
I guess one thing that confuses me is we see Kevin G writing himself as a werewolf in Underworld, but then people have problems with a were-panther.  I don't see the difference.

Look at Twilight and how its selling. LOL, wtf.

Kevin G's werewolves were bad ass.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile

I wouldn't mind that (as long it was kind of similar to ), but I'd prefer a energy/electric panther from.

I liked that a lot.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Twilight werewolves  :P

Underworld werewolves  ;D  8)
Pull List

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile

Twilight werewolves  :P

Underworld werewolves  ;D  8)

I know...wtf.

Underworld werewolves are what I think of when I think of were anything. 

Offline Shade

• View Profile
Bumping this topic.
Kiss the sky!

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
LOL I still don't think we will be seeing a child of T'challa and Storm anytime soon.........................
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence