Author Topic: Guest Stars  (Read 27858 times)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Guest Stars
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2009, 01:42:26 pm »
I think the Key to Making The Black Panther more known, is not to have so many guest stars in his book, but to have him guess starring in other comics. Wolverine is definetly in almost everybodys comic, as of lately so is The FF. I would rather see The Black Panther Book concentrated more on The Black Panther, and his feats. I would Rather see the Panther pop up in and X-men or Spiderman comic than Vice-Versa

I agree with this. I’d rather see T’Challa and Storm as frequent guest stars/teammate of the Mighty Avengers(I am leery of Bendis writing T’Challa) than have their book become a guest star clearing house. Remember this book was guest star central when Priest wrote it and nobody cared.

The Panther(s) have to show up in other Marvel books for fans to take notice of them and hopefully follow them to their own book.

Ideally you want the character to be in the same situation as Wolverine: frequently a guest star in other books and often hosting guest stars in their own book.

I'm just the oppsite lol, I more of leery Slott than BMB... BMB alreadt wrote T’Challa in this issue & he didn't come off as dumd/lame/weak/etc. He actually wrote him as very smart (the smartest man in the room), noble & etc.. I wish this storyline (concerning T’Challa )would be followed up again.

While in Slott' MA i fear he get the Hank/Beast treatment lose 20-40 iq points & have a totally different than he usually have.. or get written how Roy Thomas wrote him or worst..

I can see it now

T’Challa : Pym your genius and intellect  amazes me & dwarfs that of my own.

Pym : Thanks T’Challa, I'd be happy to give you a few pointers..

T’Challa : Your good man Henry Pym, a great friend.... We all could stand to learn a get deal from you Mr. Scientist Supreme"..

Pym & T’Challa : ha ha hah (joyfully laughing together.. )

Or some exchange like/similar to that..  :P
Pull List

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2009, 01:48:38 pm »
I'm with 4sake.

BMB made T'challa smarter and wiser then the entire Illuminati.

I would love to see Storm and T'challa in New Avengers...maybe they can use the Wakandan Embassy as the new head quarters of something.

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2009, 02:11:06 pm »
I agree...let hope it happends..

I do trust that a few writers would do Justice.

Pak, Aaron, Yost and Kyle, Hickmen...

Which book does Hickmen write?

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2009, 02:16:58 pm »
I think I spelled his name wrong....but Secret Warriors and now the Fantastic Four.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2009, 02:20:26 pm »
I'm just the oppsite lol, I more of leery Slott than BMB... BMB alreadt wrote TíChalla in this issue & he didn't come off as dumd/lame/weak/etc. He actually wrote him as very smart (the smartest man in the room), noble & etc.. I wish this storyline (concerning TíChalla )would be followed up again.

While in Slott' MA i fear he get the Hank/Beast treatment lose 20-40 iq points & have a totally different than he usually have.. or get written how Roy Thomas wrote him or worst..

I can see it now

TíChalla : Pym your genius and intellect  amazes me & dwarfs that of my own.

Pym : Thanks TíChalla, I'd be happy to give you a few pointers..

TíChalla : Your good man Henry Pym, a great friend.... We all could stand to learn a get deal from you Mr. Scientist Supreme"..

Pym & TíChalla : ha ha hah (joyfully laughing together.. )
Or some exchange like/similar to that..  :P

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Thanks I just came out of an annoying meeting.

This made my day. ;D

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2009, 02:33:50 pm »
I'm just the oppsite lol, I more of leery Slott than BMB... BMB alreadt wrote T’Challa in this issue & he didn't come off as dumd/lame/weak/etc. He actually wrote him as very smart (the smartest man in the room), noble & etc.. I wish this storyline (concerning T’Challa )would be followed up again.

I can see it now

T’Challa : Pym your genius and intellect  amazes me & dwarfs that of my own.

Pym : Thanks T’Challa, I'd be happy to give you a few pointers..

T’Challa : Your good man Henry Pym, a great friend.... We all could stand to learn a get deal from you Mr. Scientist Supreme"..

Pym & T’Challa : ha ha hah (joyfully laughing together.. )

HAHAHAHA!!!!

This made my day. ;D

No prob & I'm glad that I can help.. :D
Pull List

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2009, 02:46:36 pm »
I'm just the oppsite lol, I more of leery Slott than BMB... BMB alreadt wrote TíChalla in this issue & he didn't come off as dumd/lame/weak/etc. He actually wrote him as very smart (the smartest man in the room), noble & etc.. I wish this storyline (concerning TíChalla )would be followed up again.

I can see it now

TíChalla : Pym your genius and intellect  amazes me & dwarfs that of my own.

Pym : Thanks TíChalla, I'd be happy to give you a few pointers..

TíChalla : Your good man Henry Pym, a great friend.... We all could stand to learn a get deal from you Mr. Scientist Supreme"..

Pym & TíChalla : ha ha hah (joyfully laughing together.. )

HAHAHAHA!!!!

This made my day. ;D

yeah, that was funny. Also I hate annoying meetings. :(

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2009, 03:16:38 pm »
For guest stars, I think the following would be cool:

1. Spider-Man (Black Panther and Spidey have another encounter with Mephisto; Spidey needs help from someone who has had success against Mephisto).

2. Daredevil (Panther and Daredevil have a run-in with the Kingpin (is he still in power?)

3. Captain America (Steve Rogers) T'Challa and Steve are "brothers."

4. Apocalypse (Storm and Panther go upside that fool's noggin...yup)

5. Blue Marvel (well, because him teaming up with Black Panther ad Storm would kinda be like a Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman team-up) (Also, perhaps a new "Big 3" at Marvel).

6. Malice (Nakia, psychotic former Dora Milaje who has a grudge against Storm. Malice, still in love with T'Challa, might believe in that twisted head of hers that she should rightfully be the Queen of Wakanda instead of Storm).

7. The Avengers: Captain America (Steve Rogers), Thor, Iron Man...(It would probably be cool to see these classic Avengers battling alongside T'Challa, just like old times).

8. X-Men: Psylocke, Rogue, Nightcrawler...they drop in to Wakanda to visit Storm, and some major stuff goes down while they are visiting.

9. Madam Slay? She used to be an ally and operative of Killmonger. He won't be returning, but what about her?

10. Princess Zanda? She's the ruler of Narobia and is supposedly an admirer of T'Challa...maybe she could unwisely choose to try and take Storm's place as Wakanda's queen.

11. The Hulk: He's in Wakanda...I don't know why, but he's there. And he's angry. Not only the green one, but the red one, too. And what if it was the SMART green Hulk? (or was the grey Hulk the smart one)? Could Panther and Storm out-smart a smart, rampaging Hulk?

12. The Brood? An alien species intent on conquering. Storm has had dealings with them in the past. What if The Brood came to Wakanda?

13. Dr. Strange and Dr. Voodoo? What would happen if they journeyed to Wakanda (at Storm's request) so that the two sorcerers and Zawavari (?) could teach Storm how to utilize her hidden magic abilities?

14. Reed Richards: Maybe he can show up via satellite link/transmission from time to time, asking for T'Challa's advice/expertise in scientific/moral matters. Or maybe he needs to borrow some Wakandan technology to help him with his own inventions.

15. Galactus: The destroyer of worlds: How would Storm and Black Panther stop him...and his heralds?

16. Batman: That thar's a lawsuit just waiting to happen!  :D

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2009, 12:11:03 am »

11. The Hulk: He's in Wakanda...I don't know why, but he's there. And he's angry. Not only the green one, but the red one, too. And what if it was the SMART green Hulk? (or was the grey Hulk the smart one)? Could Panther and Storm out-smart a smart, rampaging Hulk?

WWH always bothered me.  You're meaning to tell me T'Challa can destroy half the world beating Doom and is unflinchingly prepared to slap Galactus upside his head, but can't beat the Hulk?  Really?  If there is a team-up book, it should star Happy-pants Panther--just think of the fun he and Deadpool could have!

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2009, 07:31:44 am »

WWH always bothered me.  You're meaning to tell me T'Challa can destroy half the world beating Doom and is unflinchingly prepared to slap Galactus upside his head, but can't beat the Hulk?  Really?  If there is a team-up book, it should star Happy-pants Panther--just think of the fun he and Deadpool could have!

T'Challa's NEVER beaten Doom singlehandedly outside of his dreams and his contingency plans for Galactus involve USING the Hulk as a weapon. Banner's intellect is right up there with the rest of Marvel's Brainy guys.

There isn't a whole hell of a lot either of them could do to the Hulk.

The whole point of WWH was to reaffirim that a suitably P.O.'ed Hulk is the strongest guy in the M.U.

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2009, 08:54:35 am »
Is it possible that Panther and Storm have other contingency plans for Galactus that do NOT include the Hulk? What if Storm and Panther had more than one plan?

What if one of those plans now included Blue Marvel or Sentry, or the combined strength of both...while Storm manipulates the air/oxygen in Hulk's lungs with her powers?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 09:35:11 am by moneyspider »

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2009, 09:34:26 am »
I know Civil War is over, but guest stars I would like to read deals with The Illuminati

T'Challa intellectually dissing the group regarding their actions pre/post CW. 

Offline Shade

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2009, 02:16:44 pm »

5. Blue Marvel (well, because him teaming up with Black Panther ad Storm would kinda be like a Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman team-up) (Also, perhaps a new "Big 3" at Marvel).

That would be GREAT!
Kiss the sky!

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2009, 02:26:47 pm »
<< Shade:Quote from: moneyspider on Yesterday at 03:16:38 PMFor guest stars, I think the following would be cool:5. Blue Marvel (well, because him teaming up with Black Panther ad Storm would kinda be like a Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman team-up) (Also, perhaps a new "Big 3" at Marvel).That would be GREAT!  >>

Hmmm, concure too--i wonder, if they became Marvel's Trinity, who would be the evil Tri?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2009, 02:59:38 pm »
We could have a Royal Encounter;

Have a member of the Inhuman Royal Family,  Thor, Namor, Thena, and ????