Author Topic: Guest Stars  (Read 27855 times)

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Guest Stars
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2009, 05:23:04 pm »
For guest stars, I think the following would be cool:

11. The Hulk: He's in Wakanda...I don't know why, but he's there. And he's angry. Not only the green one, but the red one, too. And what if it was the SMART green Hulk? (or was the grey Hulk the smart one)? Could Panther and Storm out-smart a smart, rampaging Hulk?

WWH always bothered me.  You're meaning to tell me T'Challa can destroy half the world beating Doom and is unflinchingly prepared to slap Galactus upside his head, but can't beat the Hulk?  Really?  If there is a team-up book, it should star Happy-pants Panther--just think of the fun he and Deadpool could have!

The Illuminati plotted to get rid of the Hulk and they failed. I'm assuming the newly revealed Intelligencia will also fail in their plans to get rid of the incredible Hulk. Brains don't always fare well enough against such brawn.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline jonathanmaberry

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Maberry's Big Scary Blog
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2009, 05:59:25 am »
Wow...lots of interesting suggestions.  I've already pitched the next arc (following DoomWar) and depending on the feedback I get there may very well be some of these characters tied up in Wakanda's future.
Jonathan Maberry
Multiple Bram Stoker Award winner
Author of PATIENT ZERO (St Martins Griffin), THEY BITE (Citadel Press), THE WOLFMAN (Tor) and DOOMWAR (Marvel Comics) 
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jonathan-Maberry/803028269 
Look for me on Twitter and LinkedIn

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2009, 07:21:04 am »
Great ;D

Monica Rambeau is someone I would like to see also. RH had her as a Agent of T'challa. It would be cool to see her continued in this role.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 12:29:59 pm by Seven »

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2009, 04:22:42 pm »
Wow...lots of interesting suggestions.  I've already pitched the next arc (following DoomWar) and depending on the feedback I get there may very well be some of these characters tied up in Wakanda's future.

Marvel, If you reading PLEASE give JM Gambit, Photon & Shang-Chi on a semi-permanent basis..
Pull List

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2009, 07:55:49 pm »

How far in advance to you plan your (comic) stories?  Depending on an idea's reception by the P.T.B. do you have certain plot points you want/need to hit no matter what and then remap the rest as you go?

Offline jonathanmaberry

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2009, 08:22:06 pm »

How far in advance to you plan your (comic) stories?  Depending on an idea's reception by the P.T.B. do you have certain plot points you want/need to hit no matter what and then remap the rest as you go?

I've been plotting about six months ahead.  Longer for big storylines, shorter for incidental storylines.  For example, fairly early on in the process of writing the POWER arc I knew what I wanted to do with DoomWar.  I've been laying groundwork for it from issue #7 (my first book).  And there are some storylines I've discussed with my editor that stretch beyond DoomWar.

However, BP exists in the Marvel Universe, so as other writers & editors tell their stories there have been some inevitable changes to BP to keep it consistent with the overall Marvel continuity.  For example, there were a couple of villains I wanted to have working for Doom & the Broker, but they became unavailable because another writer is using them.  And some of my plans for Namor have had to change now that he's with the X-Men.  Overall, though, the initial pitches are about the same, and I'm in discussions with the editor now for the post-DoomWar BP stories.
Jonathan Maberry
Author of PATIENT ZERO (St Martins Griffin), THEY BITE (Citadel Press), THE WOLFMAN (Tor) and DOOMWAR (Marvel Comics) 

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2009, 01:55:24 pm »
I was thinking about the Defenders lately and thought about how I would create a Defenders team with Storm and T'challa being in charge. I know its not going to happen in comics for an ongoing title, but what if there were an arc where we had a team like that?  Hela, Mephisto, Blackheart, Satannish and Dormammu have some kind of comraderie going on now. The 5 of them became an alliance recently in an arc involving Captain Britian and Meggan. I did not read the actual story since it had to do with Meggan and Captain Britian and I don't care about those two characters. However, what if these 5 beings got together against Storm and Black Panther? Mephisto has a beef with T'challa and The Panther God while Hela has a score to settle with Storm, right? What if these two talked the whole group into going at Storm and T'challa? Storm and T'challa would be forced to call on their friends for aid and put together a group of heroes to deal with this threat. I mean, Storm is one of the most powerful beings on the planet and there is a lot of canon pointing to her being potentially one of the most powerful beings in all creation. Maybe some of these guys feel like they could really use her powers for some of their plans.  Maybe Hela wants to overthrow the rule of Asgard and can use Storm's powers as a means to do so. She can be a weapon against Thor and definitely be an asset in a battle against the Asgardians. On top of that, Storm and T'challa will one day have children that are supposed to be of great cosmic significance hence the Watcher showed up to the wedding. This would make both Storm and T'challa a target.

Bast is connected to either T'challa or Shuri, right? What if these guys discover that by absorbing the life force of Bast that they now have a link to the Black Panther. What if through this link they can get a foothold into the Earth's dimension and expand their realms to this plane of existence?  I don't know, I am just spitting out ideas here. I am thinking something akin to a Defenders for an arc. Maybe T'challa, Storm, Shuri, Dr. Strange or Dr. Voodoo, Dani Moonstar and an interdimensional teleporter could come together to deal with whatever these people are planning. Zawavari could play an important role in this and there could be stuff for Bast too.

This is taken from Wikipedia on Dani, so I don't know how reliable it is:

Because of the Scarlet Witch's powers and actions, Moonstar lost her powers.[14] In addition, she lost her Valkyrie powers due to the fall of Asgard[15] but has since regained them after making a deal with the reborn Hela.[12][16] Her Asgardian white winged steed, Brightwind (who later became the black bat-winged Darkwind when Danielle was stripped of Valkyrie abilities[volume & issue needed]), was killed by Reignfire.[volume & issue needed]

Moonstar also appears to have gained a substantial degree of superhuman strength from Hela as she was able to knock Ares off his feet. Matt Fraction has confirmed that since Danielle's restored Valkyrie powers come directly from Hela herself, they are much greater than they were previously, referring to her as a "Valkyrie Plus". It's been mentioned that she was specifically designed to take down a god. New Mutants writer Zeb Wells has confirmed that her recent power boost was temporary and that she is depowered again. However, she still owes her services to Hela as a Valkyrie. Brightwind remains with Danielle as a reminder of this pact.[17][18][19]

However, due to her training at Xavier's and her time as a Valkyrie in Asgard, she is still physically fit and an excellent hand-to-hand combatant. In addition, she is experienced in the use of such weapons as a bow, spear, and sword, which she carried as a Valkyrie. She is a good equestrian and swimmer, a good marksman with a rifle, and an excellent archer.

http://marvel.com/universe/Defenders
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 11:39:25 am by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline jonathanmaberry

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2009, 08:19:13 am »
Very interesting stuff.
Jonathan Maberry

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2009, 11:30:20 am »
Very interesting stuff.

Going back and rereading what I posted, I am surprised that you or anybody could read it with all of the grammatical and spelling errors in there. I was so tired when I typed that.
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2009, 12:07:53 pm »
Very interesting stuff.

Going back and rereading what I posted, I am surprised that you or anybody could read it with all of the grammatical and spelling errors in there. I was so tired when I typed that.

I understood it...  ;)
Pull List

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2009, 12:25:27 pm »
Very interesting stuff.

I understood it...  ;)
Me too.   :D

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2009, 08:41:26 am »
By all that's holy, Doctor Voodoo!

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2009, 06:33:14 pm »
Love the list 4sake. ;D'

Those are some great ideas.

Yes, someone please bring back Synch. Doing that will make all the Gen X fans jump for joy.

Synch & Skin update

http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/index.php?topic=5358.0

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0912/11/marvelfirsts.htm
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 07:12:41 pm by 4sake »
Pull List

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2009, 08:14:49 pm »
There is an encounter I would love to see right now at this stage in T's life, that could never happen; licensing and all.

But T is the "man with a plan" who just had his whole life turned upside down and now is running up a new (possibly crazy) plan. 

It would be interesting to see him met the man who never plans, but is so smart, so knowing, that all he needs to change the course of history is a screwdriver, a sonic screwdriver, that is.

Yeah, we could never see the Doctor in these pages, but how would "the man with a plan for everything" at crisis moment in life react to the man who plans nothing in advance, and yet always wins.

(Of course, seeing the Doctor dismantal another Doctor with only a screwdriver might be fun too.)

Offline Pantherfan

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2009, 04:19:58 pm »
I would like to see Black Panther and Frank Castle aka The Punisher cross paths. I wonder what T'Challa and Shuri would think of him?