Author Topic: Guest Stars  (Read 27881 times)

Offline jonathanmaberry

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Maberry's Big Scary Blog
Guest Stars
« on: December 01, 2009, 04:05:45 pm »
Just out of curiosity...which Marvel characters would you like to see in guest appearances in  future issues of Black Panther?  And...why?
Jonathan Maberry
Multiple Bram Stoker Award winner
Author of PATIENT ZERO (St Martins Griffin), THEY BITE (Citadel Press), THE WOLFMAN (Tor) and DOOMWAR (Marvel Comics) 
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jonathan-Maberry/803028269 
Look for me on Twitter and LinkedIn

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
Re: Guest Stars
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 05:28:55 pm »
I say bring on the Hulk!!!!!!!! The Black Panther and The Hulk always cross paths, but rarely have any interaction. In Ultimate Avengers 2, they never got within Proximity, in World War Hulk they didn't have much to say to each other, T'challa appeared in Hulk but the Hulk or The Black Panther did not, and The Red Hulk has crossed paths with Damn near every major player in The Marvel U (Including Storm) and not came Near BP. Also, in case nobody has noticed, we have gotten a closer look at who and what Bruce Banner is since he lost his ability to transform, and he is almost as Dangerous  as the Hulk,

I say Bring on the Gamma Power, Green or Red lol  ;)
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 05:36:02 pm »
I say bring on the Hulk!!!!!!!! The Black Panther and The Hulk always cross paths, but rarely have any interaction. In Ultimate Avengers 2, they never got within Proximity, in World War Hulk they didn't have much to say to each other, T'challa appeared in Hulk but the Hulk or The Black Panther did not, and The Red Hulk has crossed paths with Damn near every major player in The Marvel U (Including Storm) and not came Near BP. Also, in case nobody has noticed, we have gotten a closer look at who and what Bruce Banner is since he lost his ability to transform, and he is almost as Dangerous  as the Hulk,

I say Bring on the Gamma Power, Green or Red lol  ;)

I would like to read a BP/Hulk(the one by Pak Please!!!!) crossover.

Also I think T'Challa could come up with a cure Bruce & etc. And if we couldn't he would just probably kill/try to kill Bruce if he felt he was a threat to Wakanda.
Pull List

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 06:32:52 pm »
Of course Wolverine/ XMen. They're the inlaws and Storm's live should intersect with them. And they move units. She should be a mutant leader and the X's have needed big villains. The lact of intersection of X Storm and BP Storm always bothered me.

FF of course for obvious reasons.

Agents of Atlas for the intrigue factor BP now has.

Dr Voodoo is a natural.

Tony Stark is a good semi-adversary.

Nick Fury and his operatives fit well.

I wouldn't mind seeing Shuri and Spider Woman

Maybe a Thor meeting.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 07:07:18 pm »
Red Skull:
One of the most famous Black Panther appearances ever is Avengers: Red zone (Mighty Avengers #65 -#70). This story had everything thing; the whole epic political-thriller with bio-weapons terror attacks, the government being suspicious of the Avengers and Red Skull verses the Black Panther as the climax of the whole story arc. It’s very underrated, but one of the best avengers stories *ever*.  

Red Skull and the Black Panther are perfect adversaries for each other.  Black Panther and Wakanda pretty much destroys the Red Skulls entire world view (this was shown in Redzone). He should in my view flat out distain T’challa, and for the fact that T’challa broke his jaw.  I will like to see round two, but with a better fight scene.

Ironman: (see Redzone)T’challa and Tony Stark are GREAT together, they are gold.  I mean enough said. Marvel’s biggest Alpha males together… it’s great fun to watch them go back and forth. But at the end of the day they are great friends. It’s just that T’challa gets under his skin because he never listens to him, and does what he wants…because he is a King. But I would love to see T’challa help Stark rebuild his company. That would be a great feat for T’challa, and Wakanda with Ironman fans.

See link:
http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/index.php?topic=5245.0

Captain America:
Enough said. Steve and T’challa are spiritual brothers and great friends.
I would love to see a mini-crossover with Black Panther (Shrui and T’challa) Storm, Captain America (Bucky and Steve), Falcon against Red skull, Crossbones, Sin and the rest of his forces.

Wolverine: Weapon X
mini crossover with the awesome Jason Aaron (writer of the epic Secret Invasion “See Wakanda and Die” arc). I don’t know what…but I would love to see you too collaborate.

Doctor Voodoo:
I want to see him interact with Zawavari. He was also a advisor to T’challa.

The Purifiers

There is no way that the are going to be silent on a Mutant Queen (Storm)…of arguably the most advance nation in MU.

Apocalypse and Cable:
Cable and T’challa are ‘friends’…in fact Cable once sought out T’challa for help in Cable #54. I would love Apocalypse becoming very interested in Storm and T’challa (and possible offspring they might bear, as the Watcher has said they will be very important and powerful).  

Deadpool:
You already did it…so from time to time, it would be cool to see him use Dead pool (or  Logan for that matter) for wet works when he can no do it himself.

Ironfist and Shang-Chi:
I would love to see T’challa and Ironfist (and/or Shang-Chi) spar together. Add Wolverine to the list.

Omega Red
One of my favorite villains

A.I.M and HYDRA
I would like to see them trying to undermine Wakanda all the time, and on a constant basis.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 07:16:52 pm »
I want to see Bucky and Shuri team-up.  They have so much in common as Legacy Heroes; I want to see them relate.

I want to see the REAL Avengers.  Not the "outsider" Avengers or the Thunderbolt Avengers or the "not ready for prime time" Avengers.  Give me the REAL team--Cap, Iron Man. Thor, Hawkeye, Vision, Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Cap Monica, and BP. (Or some mixature like that.)

Finally, I want a little old fashion encounter with the distinguished competition, like let's find out T's been playing A Game (one game) of 3-D Chess online for the last 6 years with someone who's initials are BW.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 07:23:51 pm »
I want to see Bucky and Shuri team-up.  They have so much in common as Legacy Heroes; I want to see them relate.

I want to see the REAL Avengers.  Not the "outsider" Avengers or the Thunderbolt Avengers or the "not ready for prime time" Avengers.  Give me the REAL team--Cap, Iron Man. Thor, Hawkeye, Vision, Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Cap Monica, and BP. (Or some mixature like that.)

Finally, I want a little old fashion encounter with the distinguished competition, like let's find out T's been playing A Game (one game) of 3-D Chess online for the last 6 years with someone who's initials are BW.

I agree totally (just add my girl She Hulk)... I tire of the current Avengers. G. Johns showed you could do the same things...with that line up if you wanted.  Only it's selling...but we are suppose to get the "Heroic Age"...I  hope that T'challa and Storm become Avengers.

And who is BW? (Black Widow?)

Edit:
Bruce Wayne? ;D

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 07:27:47 pm »
Distinguished Competition--BW, ie, Bruce Wayne.

In the past, you'd see Clark Kent and Lois Lane show up at a Daily Bugle Christmas Party. I want to see that kind of "tease" with Bruce.

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 08:01:36 pm »
I would mind seeing Shuri and Elektra teaming up with each other, now that would be sumthing to see.
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 01:12:05 am »
I'd like to see the X-Men guest star regularly.

The Professor, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Logan and Colossus are practically Storm's in-laws. It'd make sense they were around more often.

I think Shuri and She-Hulk would be a fun combination as She-Hulk cheerfully stomps thru life, seemingly heedless of consequences and Shuri has to consider the ramifications of her every act. Sort of an odd couple deal.

It's good if the F.F. guests often as B.P. and the Fantastic Four are traditionally linked. But what could be real fun would be Ben and Johnny's interaction with Shuri. She's the little sister of thier friend and she may very well view them as fictive uncles.Which would give Johnny in paticular fits(there is nothing more galling than a hot chick talking to you as if you are an old man! ;D)

I second Princesa's Agents of Atlas idea. they're a fun group there is a link(thier right hand man is Wakandan) and they work as alies for either T'Challa or Shuri(Tho Shuri needs to develop her own separated crew of allies).

Then there is team New Orleans: Blade, Doc Voodoo, Cage and Photon it'd be fun to see them again now that DV and Photon are a couple(sort of) and Cage is an Avenger. 

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 03:37:17 am »
Colossus & (maybe Magik too)- miss there sister-brother relationship. (Also He does nothing in the X-book really other than say: ''Da'', miss kitty (he even got tat of her name) & ''fight''(fight as in just stand & wrestler around with lil to know action/moment/actually fighting) what ever character they have him match for 3-6 issues/how every long the storyline is)

Gambit - He Storm have/had a great freindship. (Also he does less than Colossus does in the x-books)
Plus I want tosee T'Challa & Gambit team up & Gambit hitting on Shuri and many other beautiful woman of Wakanda. Plus Gambit is bad ass/greatness when written write.

This poster put it best here :

Quote from: Canemacar;8899860

Gambit & Storm: This is one that has really suffered over the years. Back in the day, Remy was arguably Storm's closest friend. She played many roles for the various X-men: mother, sister, leader, protector, but Gambit was the one she could talk to without filling a role; she could just be herself and share her own fears and insecurities. His use of reverse phsychology in Uncanny #273 to get her to remember why she chose to be an x-man is a favorite.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showpost.php?p=8899860&postcount=41

Synch- he's a Black Panther fan, it would be great if he could meet his idol (T'Challa), I know he death but his death was both PIS & assine at BEST (as was Skins). Plus the way his power works it easy to bring him back.

Iceman - I liked there talk here :
 I like to see them have more of a friendship and start a friendship with T'Challa (mostly because they are to of favorite characters). 

Falcon- (WITHOUT Steve R. or James B.)- I'd like to see him & T'Challa team up.. An while there maybe T'Challa can could discover his origins were even more Manipulated & that he actually never was a pimp (really marvel... really)  :P 
Also while there maybe he get upgrade with some new T'Challa/Wakandan made tech..

Magneto & Polaris (& maybe Quicksilver). I'd like to see Storm, T'Challa, Magneto & Polaris (maybe Quicksilver) rebuild Genosha together.. Also Storm and Magneto seemed to be cool with he join the X-Men in the 80s (he just rejoined recently). Also Storm & Polaris share the same best/good friend Jean.G.. maybe the could talk & bond over that & the other similarity they have.

Nezhno - I'm not sure if a Wakandan in the BP book counts as a guest start, but I'd like to see Nezhno.
1. To see his relationship with T'Challa, 2. To see how more of his relationship with Storm, 3. To see how S'yan, N'Gassi, Shuri view him. We saw how his moms & other random/un-named Wakandans view. But I want see what the important ppl think.

Derek Khanata - same with Nezhno I'd like to see what type of relationship of any he has with T'Challa & what the important ppl (Storm, Shuri, S'yan, Queen Mom, N'Gassi & etc) think of him.

I just thought of something maybe hes related to Khanata from (Kirby run) or maybe they are the same guy.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/khanataw.htm

Also he could bring the Agents of Atlas along with him, but I'm mostly indifferent if he does or not.

Photon, Shang-Chi (with Fah Lo Suee), Doctor Voodoo & Cage again.

The 1st too (Photon & Shang-Chi) have really nothing going going on at the moment & are really great characters (no apps. I know of). So if you want to give them so big/much needed characterization/some (IMO) maybe marvel wouldn't mind. Like if wanted to move them to Wakanda for a while, upgrade there powers, give 'em new costumes , give them Wakandan official titles/put them in charge of something in Wakanda I doubt Marvel would care/say no because they don't see to be doing all that much with either.

Doctor Voodoo- What Seven said   

Cage - I like his relationship with both Storm & T'Challa. (And want to see it revisited)   

Even through I hate Stark I agree with Seven. 

Storm's relatives - Harriet Munroe, David Evan Munroe J.r. & etc... I'd like to see him build more of a relationship with Storm. Maybe them come because David is a latent mutant who powers are just now kicking in etc. (it's happen b4 Sunfire, Cloak, Dagger & Polaris are all latent mutants). David Jr is basically 616 Spyke at least IMO (with is great imo). So maybe he can have the same powers (bone manipulation, heat generation & Porcupine-like from). Also in cartoon Spyke mother was named Vivian & his dad last name was Daniels. So you could give those names to his unnamed 616 parents if you wanted.

Sunfire - does NOTHING at all in the x-books..When he not in Limbo all they have him do is quit the team or become a villain (more no reason at all other than he disagree with how the X-men were doing things at the time)

I feel Storm should be a mutant leader & not just X-man leader.. I also feel Sunfire should be one also.. kind of like he was in House of M, but nicer. I'm not sure if marvel would let you make him the Emperor of Japan like in HoM but I think he could at least untie the mutants of Japan or something like that. I feel just need a writer that gives a damn about him to do some good with him & he'd become a greater character  or  at least that won't make him a plot piece/fit a plot when he doesn't.

Bishop - Same with Sunfire need a write to actually give damn about doing something good with him & one who won't turn him to a plot piece (see Archbishop in the current Cable series).. The last time a write cared about Bishop was in Bishop: The Last X-Man & District X imo.

Also Bishop is one of those characters like Storm, Gambit, Logan (& I feel Sunfire).. One that work best out of the X-world..
That why I'd like to see his friendship with Storm revisited. Also I'd like to see how he & T'Challa work together because they are very different men imo. How about let him lead the Hatut Zeraze or be a member of the Hatut Zeraze.     

War Machine- He change a lot since his last meeting with T'Challa & Storm. IMO He went from the type man one couldn't respect to the kind you had to/wanted to respect. He went just that guy in the gery Iron-man suit to guy who kicking evil ass in matter who they are or what they did..  Pak made it wear the world needs a War Machine!!! So I'd love to see how T'Challa & Storm react to how must he changed & the man he's become.     

Queen Divine Justice, Vibraxas & Okoye- if they won't become part of the supporting cast again.. I'd like to see they guess start. I'd love to see Storm reaction to QDJ & Vibraxas (maybe as the new rulers of the White Gorilla Cult)  ;D.. Also I've Ive wonder what type of relationship Storm would have with Okoye.

Afrikaa - I'd love to see him guess star because similar to T'Challa in many ways. An I'd like to see he & T'Challa work together again or fight each other.  Also I'd like to see how they are different such as ruling style & fighting abilities.

The Crocodile Cult & whoever there leader is (maybe Doctor Crocodile)- I don't think the  Crocodile Cult  has been used/talked about that much in the BPs books so I think theirs alto of untapped story potential there.       

Black Goliath/Thomas Foster - has in few changed ways since the last time he saw T'Challa & I'd like to see T'Challa reaction to these changes.

Ka-Zar, Shanna the She-Devil & Reptil (he was last scene living with them) - Since Wakanda & the Savage Lands are the only places in the Marvel U you can find vibranium I wonder how they view each other & how T'Challa &  Ka-Zar veiw each other. Reptil could hang out with Nezhno & or D.E. jr. if there around.

Princess Zanda- she crazy & funny for cromic comic relief imo.

N'Kantu The Mummy, Fahnbullah Eddy/Gorilla Girl, M’Nai/Midnight -they are African characters (I think Fahnbullah maybe part American) & I feel they have some untapped story as either friends or foes to Wakanda & its Royal Fam.

Nightcrawler - does about as much as Gambit & Colossus in the X-books ..lil to nothing (some times he looks sad, almost quit & he gets stabbed alot) I'd like to see him come visit Wakanda for arc or to..

Josiah X/Josiah Al Hajj Saddiq & Kasper Cole - both have been in limbo for about 6 years now (other than a flashback cameo in War Machine)  No one else at marvel seems interested in doing something with them..so may they'd let you if you wanted to. Maybe have Kasper return to Wakanda because synthetic version of the heart-shaped herb he ate start causing him more help problem(more vomiting, crippling over-stimulation & some new symptoms such unable to control his body density) Since hes a non-Wakandan I think it would make sense that even a synthetic version would effect him negatively.

You could T'Challa take look at him & find out he'll die unless T'Challa or another Wakanda can help learn to control his powers & etc... But you get the idea.. Anyway the end result would be T'Challa save his life and Kasper learns to control his powers. But his powers had now changed from Panther-like to density/matter base because of his physiology.       

Phasing/invisibility as if was a ghost to become hard as coal/charcoal.. I know the power is a play on his names, but its comics lol  :D & I'm not sure how hard coal is, but it comics so just make it hard enuff for him to some level of invulnerable.  :)

For Josiah X give his life/past/etc I'd think his reaction to Wakanda would be very interesting to read about.

Askari The Spear/Jono Baraka - hes the President of Zanzibar, semi-retired superhero  and a member of "Mutantes sans Fronteires (a mutant charity set up by Angel) So he a leader of a country like the Panther & kind of a leader of mutants like Strom is or he could easily be made to be one.

Spider-Man- Hes marvel cash cow & when they revisited that deal with Mephisto thing Peter NEEDS to give T'Challa a call for help.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 05:31:43 pm by 4sake »
Pull List

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 03:48:17 am »
4sake--wouldn't have been easier to say "everyone"?  GRIN

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 04:34:46 am »
4sake--wouldn't have been easier to say "everyone"?  GRIN

Naw  :D, everyone would've meant characters I hate such as Pixie  :P & ones I dislike such as Armor. I did start to put Jubilee & Alex Wilder best I love 'em, but I couldn't think of a good reason other that for them to guest star.. ;D
Pull List

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 06:03:04 am »
Love the list 4sake. ;D'

Those are some great ideas.

Yes, someone please bring back Synch. Doing that will make all the Gen X fans jump for joy.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 06:20:38 am »
I would love to see some level of immersion with the X-world…not turning the book into a X-title, but a level of immersion that makes you feel like the X-world is in the back drop…while the regular focus continues as usual. (same with the Avengers, and FF).

For example; T’challa (yes T’challa’s) working with "Mutantes sans Fronteires… I want to see him champion the mutant cause, support Scott Summers, offering technology… not only because his wife does, but because he believes it is wrong. I still think the X-community is very untapped.