Author Topic: SYNCH/Everett Thomas  (Read 14506 times)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
SYNCH/Everett Thomas
« on: December 10, 2009, 11:26:09 pm »

Everett Thomas was a mutant born in St. Louis, Missouri. He possessed an aura which allowed him synch up with other superhumans in his immediate vicinity, thereby briefly gaining any powers they possessed.

The mechanical collective race known as the Phalanxhad assimilated the X-Men and attempted to wipe out what was to be the next generation of mutant heroes. Synch had accidentally synched to Banshee, who was in the area, and had shattered all the windows in his area with Banshee's "borrowed" scream. He didn't know how he did it, but the next thing he knew there was a slew of police officers with guns pointed at him. Unfortunately for them, the menace wasn't Everett, but the Phalanx, who attacked the officers. Luckily, he was saved thanks to the help of the Emma Frost,Sabretooth, Banshee, and Jubilee. This misfit band of heroes ended up saving the other kids who were attacked by the Phalanx. With the sacrifice of Blink, they managed to escape.

Following the end of the Phalanx crisis, the Everett and the other youths were all relocated to the Massachusetts Academy, where they trained to use their powers, received a formal education, and acted as the next generation of X-Men, Generation X.

When Emma Frost's sister, Adrienne, came to America, she forced Emma to re-admit her back into the school. If not, Adrienne would release information to the parents of the normal kids that the Xavier School For Gifted Youngsters was a secret training ground for mutants. Later, Adrienne created mutant hatred amongst the human students in the school. When the parents of the non-mutant students heard that their children were going to school with mutants, they all arrived together to take their children away from the academy. However, Adrienne Frost had planted bombs all around the school. Banshee and Synch set out to turn off and deactivate all the bombs, while Emma and Adrienne brutally fought. Eventually, Emma pulled out a gun and shot Adrienne, killing her.

Meanwhile, Banshee and Synch separated. Synch found a bomb and there were human students nearby. Everett "synched" with the nearest mutant, Monet. However, Monet was too far away, so he only received a portion of her powers, which happened to be her super strength. Using all his might, he threw the human kids out of the room, saving them from the explosion. Sadly, he wasn't able to save himself, LAMELY dying to save his human peers.

:P :P :P :P :P

During the House of M storyline he has brought back to life by The Scarlet Witch. EV was part of the SHIELD Junior Agents, called the Hellions & was shown to be friends with Hellion & Quill.

Just before Wanda control of world faded, He sacrificed himself to protect other students. (AGAIN Really Marvel Really?)  ::)  :P

FIRST LOOK: X-FORCE #22

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0912/11/marvelfirsts.htm

^^^Now it seem EV is back alive again (lets hope its for good this time.)

Powers and Abilities

Synch was an Alpha Level mutant.

Synchronicity: possesses an aura which allows him to be "in synch" with other superhumans in his immediate vicinity, thereby gaining any powers they possess. The powers Synch "synchs" will fade some time after the superhuman he is "in synch" with leaves the vicinity. When Synch uses his powers, a multi-colored aura appears around his body. The aura is caused by the energies he is absorbing splitting the ambient light around him, which causes the described effect.

In a number of cases his manifestation of their powers may be more powerful or versatile, such as flight while synched with Chamber or his aura becoming a protective shield while syncing Penance.

* Aura Tracking: able to track other mutants by allowing his aura to lock on to the mutants bio-signature, and the aura will extend in the general direction in which the mutant is located.

It had been theorized that, with practice, Synch would have been able to permanently retain these powers and abilities he acquired. In essence potentially become an Omega-Level mutant due to his ability to exert total mastery of other mutants abilities he came across.
Pull List

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
Re: SYNCH/Everett Thomas
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 01:54:41 am »
Great character (like most everything in the beginning of Generation X) that ended horribly (like most everything at the end of Generation X).  Gen X had about a year and a half of great stories (two if you count the Phalanx Covenant) and it was really sad how most of the characters were treated towards the end or after the series.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 01:28:27 pm by JLI Jesse »

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
  • i've never had a hero. i don't worship people.
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 01:21:55 pm »
I have a fix for him AND for Thunderbird 1.

Sadly I will never get to write for marvel comics so....
Soon you will come to know. When the bullet hits the bone.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 05:17:40 pm »

Well both of them are currently alive/back in X-force (hopefully they'll make it out alive)...

Why do you say you'll never write for marvel?
Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 05:18:43 pm »
Great character (like most everything in the beginning of Generation X) that ended horribly (like most everything at the end of Generation X).  Gen X had about a year and a half of great stories (two if you count the Phalanx Covenant) and it was really sad how most of the characters were treated towards the end or after the series.

I agree completely... >:(  :(
Pull List

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 06:25:22 pm »
Only read the first few issues of Gen X back in the day.

The whole "depending on others" power of his was not interesting to me.

Then they make Prodigy who has very similar powers and then they make Darwin. Hmm...
HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/comics

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 07:35:19 pm »
Only read the first few issues of Gen X back in the day.

The whole "depending on others" power of his was not interesting to me.

Then they make Prodigy who has very similar powers and then they make Darwin. Hmm...

I get what you saying but that wasn't his only power.. He also had the power to be kind of like a human cerebro/cerebra :

Aura Tracking: able to track other mutants by allowing his aura to lock on to the mutants bio-signature, and the aura will extend in the general direction in which the mutant is located.

So he wasn't completely depend on using other powers, but what was cool about him using other ppl powers was that he could using them better than they could have & do thing with them they could only think/dream about.  

I dnt like Prodigy... he just lame to me for the most part. After he was depowered I start to like him a lil' bit.. But creators basically  went on record and said that they didn't want to create another urban type  of Black/AA male & felt they couldn't write/portray that type of of Black/AA character correctly & that they liked Synch (that why David has a lame version of one of Synch's powers ).. So that basically how we got David, But what I fell they fail to see (like many other comics/tv/etc writers) that there are more than two types of Black ppl.

Now Darwin powers work differently imo than David does & alot differently than Synch. Darwin powers is basically evolve past death/near death situation/environment that may cause death. He may need something to happen to him 1st or someone to hit him 1st (but he could put himself in a situation to cause his powers to work), but he doesn't absorb others powers/abilities & use them.. its all his power.      
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 08:01:00 pm by 4sake »
Pull List

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 08:18:18 pm »
Gen X used to be one of my favorite books. The sexual chemistry between Emma Frost and Banshee was great. (Not like that bullsh*t with her and Scott.) Jubilee's major crush on Synch. M's autism/twin dilemma. (Not that "real M" sh*t that Hama pulled out of his ass.) The mystery of Penance. Gateway. Husk trying to hide her KY accent. Skin having faked his own death. Awesome character dynamics.

Gen X #25 was awesome and set up some GREAT potential storylines. M, Husk, Skin, and Synch on the run from sentinels. Bastion using Jubilee to get intel on the X-Men. Banshee and Emma going at it over Penance. (Emma was planning to betray Emplate.)

Unfortunately, the execution of those storylines after that point SUCKED. (Hama was the worst offender, IMO.)

I think the worst thing about the way Gen X was handled was that they went out of their way to drive in that school angle and never really allowed them to step into their own and develop. (Like the New X-Men kids later did.) Once Morrison stepped into New X-Men and Gen X was yanked, the characters were pretty much dumped/forgotten.

Synch already had the lame death. Skin had the lame off-panel death. Banshee had the lame make-the-retcon-Summers-brother-look-badass death. Chamber got the depower/Apocalypse treatment. Jubilee got aged, lame cameo, lame deaging/miniseries with Roboaunt, and depowered. Husk and Hollow went into character limbo. Only M and Emma really stepped up and moved on.

I'd really go for a Gen X reunion if they had them step into main roles much like they are doing with the New Mutants now.

Minus Emma. She was good once. Now I'm sick of her.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 08:54:42 pm »
Gen X used to be one of my favorite books. The sexual chemistry between Emma Frost and Banshee was great. (Not like that bullsh*t with her and Scott.) Jubilee's major crush on Synch. M's autism/twin dilemma. (Not that "real M" sh*t that Hama pulled out of his ass.) The mystery of Penance. Gateway. Husk trying to hide her KY accent. Skin having faked his own death. Awesome character dynamics.

Gen X #25 was awesome and set up some GREAT potential storylines. M, Husk, Skin, and Synch on the run from sentinels. Bastion using Jubilee to get intel on the X-Men. Banshee and Emma going at it over Penance. (Emma was planning to betray Emplate.)

Unfortunately, the execution of those storylines after that point SUCKED. (Hama was the worst offender, IMO.)

I think the worst thing about the way Gen X was handled was that they went out of their way to drive in that school angle and never really allowed them to step into their own and develop. (Like the New X-Men kids later did.) Once Morrison stepped into New X-Men and Gen X was yanked, the characters were pretty much dumped/forgotten.

Synch already had the lame death. Skin had the lame off-panel death. Banshee had the lame make-the-retcon-Summers-brother-look-badass death. Chamber got the depower/Apocalypse treatment. Jubilee got aged, lame cameo, lame deaging/miniseries with Roboaunt, and depowered. Husk and Hollow went into character limbo. Only M and Emma really stepped up and moved on.

I'd really go for a Gen X reunion if they had them step into main roles much like they are doing with the New Mutants now.

To make it even worst that wasn't a mini it was a ongoing (originally & was set to go at least 12 issues) but marvel canceled because they planed to depowered her  :'(  :P... Also I they got the wrong writer for her ongoing he didn't understand how how powers work (they can do more then just blind ppl).. Also he put her in high school setting why I dnt know.. take didn't fix her characher at all.

On the age..   I glad she was up-age (to 17-18) by in X-Men Unlimited # 34 (byKen Siu-Chong) &UNX (In Austen run  :P one of few thinks I liked in his run..other than writing a great Polaris) because she was at least 14/15 before CC left the x-books the 1st time, but when Gen-X started she was like 12/13 for some reason.. I hate she was  de-aged in her own book Jubilee (I wonder was a how many things you could get wrong about a character contest or something) An I was glad to see she was re-up-aged ((to about 19-20).) in  Generation M, Wolverine: Origins & New Warriors. I'd say she about 20 now & I hope she doesn't get de-aged again.

Also I hope Synch, Skin & Banshee make it out of this storyline alive so Gen X can some kind of reunion.
Pull List

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
  • i've never had a hero. i don't worship people.
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 03:18:52 am »

Well both of them are currently alive/back in X-force (hopefully they'll make it out alive)...

I'm not cool enough for them to come to me and I'm not wasting my time asking them. That adds up to never.

That isn't John Proudstar in Xforce. It's James. He was Warpath last time I checked. Synch is back? Odd.  Wasn't he beaten to death by Klansmen? How did they get around that realistic death?

Soon you will come to know. When the bullet hits the bone.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 05:57:28 am »

Boy do I agree with that statement!  I loved the character til Morrison got his hands on her.  Now everything she says sounds something like "Darling, I am now very cross, indeed!" v ::)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 07:08:13 am by JLI Jesse »

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 06:46:22 am »
Ok, HOLD UP...SYNCH IS BACK??????????????????????? WTF...YES.. ;D ;D ;D

Sake I was expecting a PM dude >:( :D :P :D

Awesome. I guess i can start buying x-books on the reg again.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 06:49:29 am »

Agreed totally. I hated Marvel for a while for that.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 07:09:46 am »
Ok, HOLD UP...SYNCH IS BACK??????????????????????? WTF...YES.. ;D ;D ;D

Sake I was expecting a PM dude >:( :D :P :D

Awesome. I guess i can start buying x-books on the reg again.

I wouldn't get too excited.  I'm not reading it, but its probably from x-men necrosha, which seemed to be bringing characters back as zombies or something along those lines.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 07:18:13 am »

I'm not cool enough for them to come to me and I'm not wasting my time asking them. That adds up to never.

Well that sucks... who know maybe they will one day...

That isn't John Proudstar in Xforce. It's James. He was Warpath last time I checked. Synch is back? Odd.  Wasn't he beaten to death by Klansmen? How did they get around that realistic death?

Thur Necrosha...

A cross-over event in New Mutants, X-Force & X-Men: Legacy. Eli Bard infected himself with the docile transmode virus to resurrect & control the dead. As Selene's former lover, he sent the resurrected to attack the X-Men and intended to use the dead Genoshans to make her a goddess.

http://www.comicvine.com/necrosha/39-55941/

John was brought back in X-Force #11 & Synch & Skin were brought back In issue 22 (which come out on Dec 16)..Banshee in 21.. Alot dead X-Men & X-Villains have be brought back in this storyline...  I just hope the ones I like make it out re-alive...  :-\

The cover to  X-Force #24 (which come out in 2 month)

The cover to X-Force # 23..
Pull List