Author Topic: Black Panther #11  (Read 20816 times)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Pull List

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther #11
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 12:13:08 am »
Namor has super hearing? That's new to me.

Ok. Here comes Round 1!
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 06:08:47 am »
Wow that was entertaining, Jenn was right about one thing Shuri is definetly not like T'challa and she hasn't done anything on her own that he couldn't have. But now that I think about it, thats one of the elements that makes her a very entertaining chracter to watch lol She is almost the opposite of T'challa in how she runs things, and it makes the plot line interesting, I can't wait to see what her reaction is when she finds out who really attacked T'challa................
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 06:49:27 am »

Ok. Here comes Round 1!

Not really super hearing.

He can hear stuff well under water, which means his hearing must be realy great out of the water.

It's a logical extension of his abilities.

It also explains the pointy ears. ;D

Wow that was entertaining, Jenn was right about one thing Shuri is definetly not like T'challa and she hasn't done anything on her own that he couldn't have.

That's almost never the point of the replacement hero. Bucky isn't doing anything that Cap couldn't have done either.

But now that I think about it, thats one of the elements that makes her a very entertaining chracter to watch lol She is almost the opposite of T'challa in how she runs things, and it makes the plot line interesting, I can't wait to see what her reaction is when she finds out who really attacked T'challa................

That's the point of the replacement hero. They do stuff differently.

Bucky cold shoots folks where Cap would just chuck his shield at them.

Shuri talked to Namor for about 5 whole minutes before resorting to violence.

T'Challa might have gone about it differently.  But she was going to haul off on Namor even if he'd given her a straight answer.

I don't see Shuri finding: "No I didn't attack him but I couldn't be
bothered to find out what all the explosions and screaming were about after I left him either" an acceptable excuse.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 07:01:20 am by Vic Vega »

Offline CKW

• View Profile
    • blackpantherfanstories.wordpress.com
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 08:13:00 am »
"No I didn't attack him but I couldn't be
bothered to find out what all the explosions and screaming were about after I left him either"

She may give him another portion of a beating for saying that just like my grans did when she shared out licks. Even if you weren't involve in the crime but at the scene you still got beaten for doing nothing about it.

Offline jonathanmaberry

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Maberry's Big Scary Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 08:29:47 am »
People have been asking 'what happened to Shuri's arrogance and short temper'?  Well...it's been under control, until now.   On Wednesday we'll see how well that works out for her.

No...she's not T'Challa.  Even if she gets to the point where she is as confident as he is, she's still not going to be the same person.  Different intellect, different life goals, different passions.  Over the next few issues (BP#12 and DoomWar #1 and #2) we'll get to see her vicious side emerge.
Jonathan Maberry
Multiple Bram Stoker Award winner
Author of PATIENT ZERO (St Martins Griffin), THEY BITE (Citadel Press), THE WOLFMAN (Tor) and DOOMWAR (Marvel Comics) 
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jonathan-Maberry/803028269 
Look for me on Twitter and LinkedIn

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 09:06:40 am »
HURRY UP Wednesday.

I'm eager to see what happends here...also with T'challa and Storm.

great preview...god I love the art.

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 10:15:39 am »
Seems like Shuri....quick tempered is how she was previously characterized.....nice to see some growth since she is now in a high level position.  Can't wait till T'Challa returns to his place as the King of Wakanda...he is the reason for the interest in Black Panther.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 10:23:54 pm »

Ok. Here comes Round 1!

Kind of.. he has Lateral Lines (which probably one of his mutant base  power along with fly) - can detect subtle movement or vibrations around him, particularly underwater. Basically he can hear ALOT better when hes in, near or around water...

http://marvel.wikia.com/Namor_McKenzie_%28Earth-616%29
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 10:13:43 am by 4sake »
Pull List

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 09:47:03 am »
Great art, I hope I get my issue before X Mas...and I hope Namor kicks her ass...and I'm glad to see things picking up.

Offline jonathanmaberry

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Maberry's Big Scary Blog
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 12:48:28 pm »
Just picked up BP #11.  Ken Lashley's artwork is INSANE! 
Jonathan Maberry
Multiple Bram Stoker Award winner
Author of PATIENT ZERO (St Martins Griffin), THEY BITE (Citadel Press), THE WOLFMAN (Tor) and DOOMWAR (Marvel Comics) 
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jonathan-Maberry/803028269 
Look for me on Twitter and LinkedIn

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 03:03:09 pm »
                                         *Spoilers Ahead*

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 03:13:10 pm »
Man that Issue of BP was the Best That has been done by Maberry by far!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

Shuri-Even though she got Banged she was giving Namor a run for his money until she got cocky, even after that beating her temper was stilll flaring. The Art was incredible, you could see the fear in her eyes as she swore to kill Namor after he beat her down. Even after her fight with Namor she is still pissed off.

Storm- i thought it was kinda interesting how a Nation as sophisticated as Wakanda would began to blame Storm for everything that has happened, like some Salem Witch Trial Prosecutors. In this issue we could tell does Storm love the Wakandan people (Yes), would she risk her life for Wakanda (Yes) But will she let them sit back and treat her like crap and come at her as if she's not the princess and a powerful warrior (Hell NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). That kinda reminded me of the time that he soldier hit her with the gun and she suffocated him.

T'challa- It was interesting, I kinda like the look that T'challa is going with right now, I was not expecting the whole Cyber Dora Miljae theme either. That was interesting.

Doom- I liked how they beefed up Doom, The Art Made him look super Badass, I hope he looks the exact same way in DoomWar. Also I like the fact that he has made it clear that T'challa is not to be underestimated. That alone set him apart from any Villian That The BP has orginally faced.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 08:18:52 pm »
Just read this and here's some random thoughts....

SPOILERS AHOY!!!

SPOILERS AHOY!!!

SPOILERS AHOY!!!

SPOILERS AHOY!!!

SPOILERS AHOY!!!

So how's that Wakandan Armor working out for you Shuri? Well, to be fair she WAS winning for about 5 whole minutes. If she keeps making THOSE kinds of mistakes she's done for.

T'Challa tests his troops with a death gauntlet. Well at least he's isn't asking his DM to do something he wouldn't do himself. The Wakandans specialize in insane death gauntlets. I imagine even getting a B.A. over there involves evading auto-fire.

Storm is going to need to hire a P.R. agent soon if this keeps up. I've seen Guliani's NYPD show more restraint. On the other hand, at least jerk off farmer guy is still alive. I guess those guys must've been out of town during the Shadow King business or they'd know pissing Storm off is a real. bad. idea.

Love Lashley's rendition of Namor and the Four. His Tribal Combat T'Challa looks pretty fierce too.

Speaking of the Four, we learn that there's no expostion like Reed Richards exposition as he out-Techobabbles Niix. Reed must be a blast for Mayberry to write.

Annd...Shuri's learned nothing from today's little adventure. This should be good but at least this time she'll have help.

O.K. Now I'm just embarrassed. I STILL cant place the broker. Even in a full on shot. I DO recognize Lady Dr. Octopus, Hydroman, Porcupine, Killer Shrike and a Mandroid behind him though. The big veiny dude and the bald guy I can't place either. If I had a fanboy card I'd turn it in.

I am enjoying the heck out of all this. Can't wait for the next issue.

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 08:37:00 pm »
Did Mayberry just write in The FF in a fantastic way or what?  Now this is getting really good with the build up (pacing), characterization, action & art.  The action just keeps getting more intense with every passing issue....Doom's comment about the missing T'Challa was priceless.