Author Topic: That Jackson's Show  (Read 4636 times)

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
That Jackson's Show
« on: December 13, 2009, 08:10:44 pm »
Who's watching?

Who's recording it for me?

Some one please give me some details about it?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?!!!!!!!!!!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: That Jackson's Show
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 11:23:08 pm »
It's the saddest sh*t you can ever imagine. Old farts who are so obnoxious to think that America would even believe that they are and can do a comeback. If the show could have been spun around their beautiful kids and grand kids it would be watchable or even tolerable. But the kids already tried to release an album back in the day and it did not go anywhere. You are not missing anything.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 03:51:22 am »
It's all about Tito's bowler hat.  I can't stop staring at it. 

He wears one every where.  He even has them in diffeent colors.  But I don't remember him ever wearing a bowler hat before.  Does anyone?

Jenn

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 04:27:54 am »
Old farts who are so obnoxious to think that America would even believe that they are and can do a comeback.

Do you know how many women I know who would still bang Jackie Jackson?

« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 04:34:57 am by Jenn »

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 05:47:29 am »
Jackie does look good.  Marlon looks the most "regular guy" to me, though.  btw, Janet is looking GREAT in that photo. 

But regardless of whether you (or your friends) would give him some...would you pay money to see him perform?

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 07:54:58 am »
I haven’t seen the show yet.

I expect I would find it depressing.

...would you pay money to see him perform?

Y’know, if Rebbie came back to perform with the surviving brothers and they focused on the later J5 stuff and Jermaine’s stuff, you might have a decent nostalgia act that would be worth watching and isn’t utterly embarrassing to conceive of.

I mean, people still pay money to see Blue Magic.

If they have any ambitions for themselves beyond that they are deluded(but they’re Jacksons-OF COURSE they are deluded! It’s a family trait).

Jenn

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 08:02:52 am »
would you pay money to see him perform?

I would have back when Michael was alive. Make no mistake, they can still get down. I would've LOVED to have seen them all together (except maybe Randy). But to try to tour w/o your lead singer...that's just dumb, Michael or no Michael! I mean, I would've done Jermaine's bass-playing ass back in the day, but I don't go to a concert to hear the bassist.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 08:17:37 am by Jenn »

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 08:30:00 am »
Whoo, didn't expect that clip to give me goosebumps.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 08:52:54 am »

Y’know, if Rebbie came back to perform with the surviving brothers and they focused on the later J5 stuff and Jermaine’s stuff, you might have a decent nostalgia act that would be worth watching and isn’t utterly embarrassing to conceive of.

If they have any ambitions for themselves beyond that they are deluded(but they’re Jacksons-OF COURSE they are deluded! It’s a family trait).

Word on the delusional tip. I'd guess it's a question of what venues they'd be able to book. They could play Indiana county fairs or wherever the likes of Hootie & the Blowfish perform nowadays. Don't hold your breath waiting for that call from Madison Square Garden though...
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 01:46:51 pm »
I watched them on Larry King and smoked to Can You Feel It and Dance Machine and followed it up with the cartoon, that's all I can do for em. They can miss me with the reality show.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 03:08:13 pm »

Word on the delusional tip. I'd guess it's a question of what venues they'd be able to book. They could play Indiana county fairs or wherever the likes of Hootie & the Blowfish perform nowadays. Don't hold your breath waiting for that call from Madison Square Garden though...

The Jacksons sell out MSG with Janet as the headliner.

Any notions of a tour have to involve Janet at the helm.

This might be a stretch but I think Chris Brown could go a long way to rehabilitating his image if he jumped on a tour with the Jacksons as well.

In terms of stage presence and dancing he is the closest heir to MJ.

P.S. Yeah I said it, Jenn, Chris Brown is the young Mike Jack. 8)

Jenn

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 03:46:44 pm »
Janet would never have a part of this bullsh*t. She has her own legacy to look after.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 05:19:03 pm »
i really enjoyed both eps of this show.
honestly, it's a good move for them.
You get to know the brothers individually and independently of Michael.
i will watch this weekly and i hope it lasts a long time... and puts some positive spotlight on 'em enough to do a variety show or something.
the jacksons are some cool regular ol' black dudes!

jackie is cool. i like him.
jermaine is so dayam sensitive. MAN UP, DUDE! dang. hahahah.And SELFISH, too!
Marlon looks like rocky carroll, but he is so regular and down to earth. i see pain in his eyes. i think joe beat him TOO much.
Tito looks like his daddy...acts like him too. hahahah. that's the brother who will beat yo azz if u cross him or his family. you see how he was lookin' at the paparazzi? ahahha...

uh, where's Randy?
i'm just saying.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 06:15:18 pm »

Yes!  I would absolutely go to a club, have a few drinks and enjoy something like this.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй