Author Topic: Doomwar #2 solicitation  (Read 7510 times)

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
Re: Doomwar #2 solicitation
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 10:26:50 am »
I'ma be honest, I don't really like the artwork for DoomWar, to me it kinda plays down the seriousness of the event thats about to go down, i think it should have been made more realistic, this  makes it look like some superhero squad "G-rated" comic book.

BUt I do want this issue though, because this is supposed to be the Issue where we really see what Storm is made of.............
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence

Offline jonathanmaberry

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Maberry's Big Scary Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 10:46:12 am »
Storm cuts loose in #3.  Shuri cuts loose in #2.  As do T'Challa, the Dora Milaje, Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Colossus.
Jonathan Maberry
Multiple Bram Stoker Award winner
Author of PATIENT ZERO (St Martins Griffin), THEY BITE (Citadel Press), THE WOLFMAN (Tor) and DOOMWAR (Marvel Comics) 
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jonathan-Maberry/803028269 
Look for me on Twitter and LinkedIn

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 11:22:54 am »
<< jonathanmaberry:Storm cuts loose in #3.  Shuri cuts loose in #2.  As do T'Challa, the Dora Milaje, Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Colossus.>>

Hmm, in issue 3 Storm is unleashed and there are 5 issues, which means Storm cutting lose isn't enough to stop Doom, or she doesn't cut lose against the real Doom and his final plans.  That is definitly one way to make Doom as he should be written--the ultimate Big Bad.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 12:42:12 pm »
I'ma be honest, I don't really like the artwork for DoomWar, to me it kinda plays down the seriousness of the event thats about to go down, i think it should have been made more realistic, this  makes it look like some superhero squad "G-rated" comic book.

The artist is John Romita Jr.(I think).

His pencils aren't at tight as some, making him a kind of aquired taste.

Offline Shade

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 12:42:49 pm »

BUt I do want this issue though, because this is supposed to be the Issue where we really see what Storm is made of.............

There hasn't been any art for Doomwar shown. We've only seen two of the covers.
Kiss the sky!

Offline Shade

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 12:44:48 pm »
Btw I just seen that it says 2 of 6 now instead of 5. They're adding another issue to doomwar?
Kiss the sky!

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 02:16:50 pm »
coolness... facing $$$ issues, I may wait for the TPB.. I've been waiting for some JR Jr. panther since the first Mr. Reggie arc.. JR's Mephisto is the best..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 02:37:34 pm »
I've never liked Romita Jr.'s Spider-Man art...I guess I'm just used to the way his father drew/draws the ol' Webhead...

Romita Jr.'s art during "Who Is The Black Panther" arc was something I had to get used to, but it's okay now.

Here's hoping that Storm electrocutes Doctor Doom's faceplate right off his face, and T'Challa jams an energy dagger into one of Doctor Doom's eyes!  :D

I hope we get to see T'Challa's stealthy sneak attacks during "DoomWar." You don't see him, you don't hear him, but he's getting closer to you, lurking, stalking and watching you intently like a cat, and by the time you THINK you sense someone is there, it's too late. T'Challa has already disarmed you.

Storm: "We're gonna smack you up, Doom!"

T'Challa: "Yeah! What Beloved just said!"

Offline jonathanmaberry

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 03:21:29 pm »
Weird...nobody's told me about it being a six-issue series.  Not yet anyway. 
Jonathan Maberry
Author of PATIENT ZERO (St Martins Griffin), THEY BITE (Citadel Press), THE WOLFMAN (Tor) and DOOMWAR (Marvel Comics) 

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 03:44:03 pm »

The artist is John Romita Jr.(I think).

His pencils aren't at tight as some, making him a kind of aquired taste.

I don't like how he's included the seams in Wolverine's mask. I hate that trend.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline jonathanmaberry

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 03:56:38 pm »
I dig the cover art.  Romita Jr pencils; Klaus Jansen inks.  Yeah, I'm very cool with it. 

And with the Scott Eaton pages I've seen so far.  Wow.  Storm looks gorgeous and noble!
Jonathan Maberry

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 05:57:08 pm »
Weird...nobody's told me about it being a six-issue series.  Not yet anyway. 

LOL, better get to work! ;)

Offline jonathanmaberry

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 06:56:28 am »
And now they have told me that it's six issues, which is fantastic.  It's going to allow me to pull out all the stops and make DoomWar all that it can be.  I'm delighted that Marvel is showing this kind of faith in me (and the story I pitched for this event).

Jonathan Maberry

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2009, 07:42:14 am »
Whew thought for a second they were bringing in another writer to write the end.  GRIN.