Author Topic: Doomwar #2 solicitation  (Read 7512 times)

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
Re: Doomwar #2 solicitation
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 05:47:27 pm »
awesome... so we get six issues of Doomwar. Nice.

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2009, 07:53:37 pm »
awesome... so we get six issues of Doomwar. Nice.

Yeah, now I'm even more excited...interesting that this is longer than Siege...maybe because there's no tie-ins?

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2009, 11:26:57 am »
Cool....JRJR art is good for sales because he has a following in the comic world.....good marketing/pr/advertising.....six issues gives plenty of time to execute a highly effective saga to pull in more readers and build upon the legend of BP....

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2009, 07:38:09 am »
I have to admit though, after seeing the Great artwork in Fall of HUlks Gamma, I'm warming up to the art work in DoomWar ::)
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence

Offline jonathanmaberry

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Maberry's Big Scary Blog
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 01:00:54 pm »
Romita is doing covers only (as far as I've been told).  Scott Eaton and Will Conrad are working on the actual pages.  So far I've only seen five pages of art from DoomWar #1 --part of Storm's trial.  Eaton's art is gorgeous.  I expect I'll be seeing more pages after the holiday.

The first issue is 34 pages, so it's a big opener.  The other issues are currently slated as 22-pagers.
Jonathan Maberry
Multiple Bram Stoker Award winner
Author of PATIENT ZERO (St Martins Griffin), THEY BITE (Citadel Press), THE WOLFMAN (Tor) and DOOMWAR (Marvel Comics) 
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jonathan-Maberry/803028269 
Look for me on Twitter and LinkedIn

Offline Naki

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2009, 01:19:37 pm »
Romita is doing covers only (as far as I've been told).  Scott Eaton and Will Conrad are working on the actual pages.  So far I've only seen five pages of art from DoomWar #1 --part of Storm's trial.  Eaton's art is gorgeous.  I expect I'll be seeing more pages after the holiday.

The first issue is 34 pages, so it's a big opener.  The other issues are currently slated as 22-pagers.

So, is Storm playing the martyr here, staying instead of leaving the Wakandans to their fate?

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2009, 02:29:38 pm »
I'm loving your work thus far Jon!  Especially love the hand-to-hand details in your actions sequences, no doubt a by-product of your extensive martial arts experience.  I'm assuming we can look forward to T'Challa executing numerous feats of martial skill?  I think and have commented before that a healthy dose of such could well create a buzz around the character that positively impacts sales. Looking forward to Doom War!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 06:26:58 pm »

Thats good, even though I like Romitas work now, I like Eaton's version of Doom, it was insane, I hope uses that Beefed up Doom In DoomwAR
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence