Author Topic: MY NAACP IMAGE NOMINATION  (Read 2295 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
MY NAACP IMAGE NOMINATION
« on: January 06, 2010, 01:05:37 pm »
Just found out I was nominated for a NAACP Image Award for directing the "Koi Pond" episode of THE OFFICE.  I love and appreciate the nomination, but it's unlikely I'm going to win.  First of all, competition is brutal.  Fortunately, I'm friends with almost all the other candidates and would be happy for them.

I've been nominated a lot of time for Image Awards, but never won one.  BOOMERANG won best soundtrack, but the movie itself lost to GLORY. My music video for George Clinton's PAINT THE WHITE HOUSE BLACK also lost, as did BIRTH OF A NATION in the book category.  I could win the award for most losses across   categories. 

I did pick up the award when CELEBRATION OF GOSPEL won, but I didn't take that statue home.   And I did have to talk Aaron into accepting his honor from the NAACP.  But never won one of my own.  Don't know if this is the year either.  We will see....my Susan Lucci run might continue.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: MY NAACP IMAGE NOMINATION
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 01:24:57 pm »
Good luck, Reggie!

I'm sure your victory speech will be commemorated RESPECTFULLY in a future episode of THE BOONDOCKS. 8)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 01:32:47 pm »
Good luck, Reggie!

I'm sure your victory speech will be commemorated RESPECTFULLY in a future episode of THE BOONDOCKS. 8)
Ironically, I had to convince Aaron to accept one of the major awards from the NAACP.  That night, he thanks my wife and I as two of the most important people in his life and career.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 01:40:31 pm »
Good luck, Reggie!

Ironically, I had to convince Aaron to accept one of the major awards from the NAACP.  That night, he thanks my wife and I as two of the most important people in his life and career.

This gives a whole new meaning to the word irony.

Its a real life relationship for you but as an outsider watching this thing play out on THE BOONDOCKS is like having a director's cut to each episode given your candor here.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 07:30:28 am »
I've always thought of Hollywood nominations as simply a way to gauge your level of success.  I think even Susan Lucci eventually won  an Emmy by staying in the game for a long time and never quitting.

Alright!!!
Here's to hoping that the recognition of your work is awarded!

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 09:26:08 am »
Congrats. I think eventually you will get your recognition of one of the pioneers and continued push of the positive black image.

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
  • i've never had a hero. i don't worship people.
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 12:36:45 pm »
Hot damn!

Awesome.
Soon you will come to know. When the bullet hits the bone.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 08:46:37 am »
My friends are discussing what kind of "image" award has Tyler Perry and Real House Wives of Atlanta?