Author Topic: Ororo & T'Challa on the Bryan Hitch cover for Captain America Reborn # 6  (Read 2133 times)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 03:39:47 pm by 4sake »
Pull List

Offline Naki

• View Profile
Re: Ororo & T'Challa on the Bryan Hitch cover for Captain America Reborn # 6
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 04:28:31 pm »

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.10841.first_look~colon~_reborn_%236_covers

I wonder if they'll be in the actually issue.  

Probably not or perhaps a footnote appearance. I was given a 2010 Marvel calendar at my LCS. The sad thing is that in 2010 Marvel puts out a calendar with 10 men, 2 women, and all white heroes. And we wonder why BP isn't A list.

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 06:02:01 pm »
Oh, okay, THERE they are... I finally see King T'Challa and Queen Ororo in the BACK of the group photo.  >:(

And I had to press my eyes all the way up against the screen, too, because, you know, the King and Queen are way back in the back and stuff.

Really, Marvel? Way back in the back?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 06:08:57 pm »
Well, considering that right now, when this story is happening, there is no male BP, he shouldn't even be there; at least not in that costume.  (At least there is no Red Hulk).

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 03:12:08 am »
The fact that Storm and Panther are way in the back of that group photo is yet another reason why most comic readers outside of this forum have zero interest in the two characters...right now they barely appear to register on the minds of people.

And since Marvel is supposedly attempting to slowly bring Storm and Panther to A-List status, placing them in the back of the photo is a strange way of accomplishing the company's goal.

Storm, one of the most powerful mutants in the Marvel Universe, flying in the back row??? Come on now.

Between this, and the fact that DoomWar has yet to be seriously marketed, I have to question the intentions of certain people at Marvel.

Because marketing for Panther, Storm and their book is HORRIBLE so far. Marketing for both characters is HORRIBLE.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 09:33:53 pm »

Probably not or perhaps a footnote appearance. I was given a 2010 Marvel calendar at my LCS. The sad thing is that in 2010 Marvel puts out a calendar with 10 men, 2 women, and all white heroes. And we wonder why BP isn't A list.

Your probably right & I got one of those calendars also but I haven't looked at it yet...
Pull List