Author Topic: black panther cartoon pics  (Read 44084 times)

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
Re: black panther cartoon pics
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2010, 01:44:48 am »
I saw all six episodes and I enjoyed it. One of the best scenes was in episode 3 when T'Chaka was invited to the world leaders meeting. He took issue with the guy calling him by his first name and not your Majesty and then told dude to hold on to what little class he has..lmao! I loved it! I also thought I saw Tony Stark in the back with the goatee, anybody else see that?

I think that was just some random guy in a goatee. It couldn't have been Stark as that would make him significantly older than T'Challa. Maybe it was Howard Stark?  :o

Hmmm..could be him :)

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2010, 06:56:32 am »
I remember writing the last issues of the book and feeling rushed, that I needed more time.  If you compare the two, the ending of the series is a lot more fleshed out; more of what I intended.  Could there be even more?  Of course.  The more I work this material, the more opportunities I see. 

I'd like to see: "Bad Mutha," "The Bride" and "World Tour" arcs animated please!  ;D

How sick would an extended look at the fight between T'Challa and Doom be!?!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2010, 07:40:55 am »
I prefer the old American animation style.  I wish they would animate more cartoons like they did Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, only more fluidly.  IMO, the jutting jaws, barrel chests and skinny leg animation has run it's course.  

Thank you. You're a smart  man, Catch!

The term 'motion comic' is just market-teese by marketers to coin a phrase for a different technique of the art form.  As far as anyone else is concerned, it's animation.  If the image moves
---it counts as animation!  F' real.  Check the history of the art form.  Now what would be cool would be when the series becomes even more successful and the production budget grows substantially larger, we can animate more shots per scene.

Personally, I really could not stomach that Bruce Timm stuff any longer.  That, and anime. It's the sole reason I stopped watching any animated series years ago.    What we are seeing in Black Panther, the animated series is the return to the classic American style done the way the real pros did it back in the day.  ...Hanna-Barbera...   ...Filmation...  y'know?   Only updated. :)

All due respect, but ya trippin'.  Sure it's animation but in it's most basic and limiting form.  Calling it classic American is being extremely charitable.  When people think of classic American animation, they think Disney and Warner Bros, not cheapo, quickie TV stuff from the 60's.   :D   Timm had his own visual style, art-wise, that certainly doesn't appeal to everybody,  but I'm sorry. His DC stuff is miles ahead of this BP show.  Again, no disrespect to ANY artist, but BP looks like something cats hooked up strictly for youtube.

If you're talking about Disney, Warner Bros, (Max or Dave) Fleischer, etc then you're talking about full animation, with much larger budgets, much larger staffs, etc.     Animation for any platform (television or movie) is terribly expensive.  We're not talking about that.

Right now, we're just talking about limited animation that meets a limited budget (as per shot quota) for television.  That's why I named the most successful animation studios of its day like Hanna-Barbera and Filmation, studios that knew how to work the budget to meet the demands of the work.  As far as my preferance for Timm goes, I didn't particularly care for it. :P    I thought the drawings were dynamic but I've seen shots where the animation was extremely lazy and the interesting thing about his kind of animation that's been around for over 20 years
--- the animation didn't improve at all.
Titmouse, Inc may appear as a start-up but if you'd look around, you'd see thier signature style of animation everywhere. [check out the intro to AFRO SAMURAII] ...and you know what?
---they get better and better with each project they work on! ;D
I honestly can't say the same about anime and that DC/Timm stuff.

I think once the Black Panther series is underway here in the states, you'll forget all about the 'style' of animation and focus on how the stories in the episodes are being told.  Watch! ;)

This won't make either of you happy but: You're both right. VC is right in that the artform has progressed since the 60's or whenever but Battle is also correct in noting that full animation and animation for TV are two different animals.

The only thing I'll add to the debate is that American TV as a whole aren't even TRYING to produce anything that looks like say, Black Lagoon. Not because they can't because THEY DON'T WANT TO.  They have thier own separate style.

Offline Jihad the Roughneck

• Thomas Sankara was the greatest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2010, 07:30:07 am »
Just finished watching episode six and all I can say is that this is the shiznit! 

Things you will see in the BP animated

African religion
African family love
T'Challa's air bike
Brother President !

This is one of the few examples of a film or animated where the African people win!  It's monumental, groundbreaking and astounding and it makes me feel good to be a brother now "get outta my way!"

Good job RH!
I liked the animation and the staying true to JRJR's art.  For the critics its like Health Care we have to start somewhere and work towards improvement.
I've got bass tone, I use cologne
and I rock the funky rhymes on the microphone
RUNDMC perfection

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: black panther show--- FINALLY!!!
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2010, 08:49:18 am »
FINALLY able to see a segment (episode 1, part 2) online of Black Panther, the animated series!

Now I finally have a good idea how the animated sequences are being executed.
The animation looks better than I thought...   seriously.  The pacing, the voice acting (I liked Shuri's African-like vowel stresses already and Stan Lee's General  ;D),  ... everything!  The game has changed!  

The presentation reminds of Hanna-Barbera's Jonny Quest (the 60s version), I am thoroughly impressed.  

Want to see more stories told in this technique!  Like Evilseed told the people of Eternia,

"There will be another season!"  :D

EDITED FOR CLARITY
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 08:30:09 am by Battle »

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2010, 06:59:08 pm »
I can see where you're coming from. Makes sense. But I dunno, I could have done for more breather space, etc, with 8 episodes. I felt the first few episodes had a rather nice pace and as it reached near the end, specifically the last two episodes, it went a bit too fast for my taste and I think a lot more could have been done story-wise. Maybe some more stuff with Storm, T'Challa and his mother, etc. Heck, I wish we saw a closing scene with the two of them, Ramonda giving more advice or wise words to her son and her daughter, or him and his uncle or seeing Wakanda celebrate their victory.

Besides that, as I mentioned above, I was pretty entertained and enjoyed the overall product. I applaud the Hudlin team with this, I anticipate more.

I remember writing the last issues of the book and feeling rushed, that I needed more time. If you compare the two, the ending of the series is a lot more fleshed out; more of what I intended. Could there be even more?  Of course.  The more I work this material, the more opportunities I see.  

I agree... I enjoyed 1-6 & hope some more episodes are made soon..
Pull List

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2010, 11:18:46 pm »
I would say though that once again Stan Lee is overacting
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2010, 04:58:18 pm »
Reggie is a beast!!!!! Just finished watching episodes 5 and 6. Superb!! The added scenes really fleshed out the story. The Tchalla chant was so appropriate. The fight scenes were great as was the music both thematic and incidental.The animation gives it a unique voice among contemporary superhero cartoons. Another great thing about this show was it was easy to take it seriously. Both my superhero and non superhero people enjoyed it. All this while watching it on our 13 inch laptop. The Black Panther animated series was rich and textured, vibrant and unapologetically Afrakan. It was well written, well voiced, well produced and greatly appreciated.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2010, 05:45:26 pm »
How's everybody seeing these?  I thought they were blocked after episode #2.

Peace, 

Mont

Offline voodoochild

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2010, 08:47:38 pm »
This won't make either of you happy but: You're both right. VC is right in that the artform has progressed since the 60's or whenever but Battle is also correct in noting that full animation and animation for TV are two different animals.

The only thing I'll add to the debate is that American TV as a whole aren't even TRYING to produce anything that looks like say, Black Lagoon. Not because they can't because THEY DON'T WANT TO.  They have thier own separate style.

Nah, I get what Battle's saying now, and he's absolutely right.  I don't like it, but he's right. ;D  Still though, I would have loved seeing this project done in a more modern, traditional, fully animated style.   

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2010, 10:57:31 pm »
Being in the UK, I get most of my foreign TV via torrent sites, and I've found a few Black Panther torrents.
Gotta say, I liked the show. T'Challa is possibly even more brutal (his line about killing Klaw's children actually took me aback a bit anyway).
I'm curious about what season 2 would look like if we get that. Animated Scott Eaton? Or redo that story in the JR jr style? Also, Reggie as Obama - if you're gonna do a cameo, do a good one, right?  ;D

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2010, 03:43:20 am »
Ha! Forgot that line about T'Challa going after Klaw's kids. That was one of my favorites!  ;D

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2010, 05:34:39 am »

Where there's a will...

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2010, 08:10:37 am »
I'm curious about what season 2 would look like if we get that. Animated Scott Eaton? Or redo that story in the JR jr style? Also, Reggie as Obama - if you're gonna do a cameo, do a good one, right?  ;D

Interesting question, Wise...

If the show is granted a second season, in my opinion, there are many ways the producers can approach another season:

The most cost effective way of doing things and traditional way would be to reuse all of your established elements in the first season as your foundation for future stories such as reusing the artwork and art designs, exploring subplots that were mentioned in the 1st season, maybe add a few storie ideas from the comicbook, keeping the voice actors, music, etcetera and simply add/ and or improve more motion shots that you couldn't afford to before.

The expensive and innovative way would be to try re-establish everything you worked so hard to build in the 1st season as far as visuals are concerned (the artwork and art designs). Does this mean that you also change the voice actors?  Do the stories change? The music, etcetera etcetera? ...and miss the opportunity to improve more motion shots that you really couldn't afford previously?

This is also risky for a number of reasons:
It could be a tremendous waste of resources and time if it doesn't work. Not to mention confusing for viewership.  

I think viewers prefer consistancy over innovation.

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2010, 09:18:17 am »
Are these six Black Panther episodes really considered to be a season, or just the first six episodes of a season?

I remember back in the 80s (perhaps 90s, too) when a full season of a show meant 24-26 episodes.

I wish Marvel would release these six episodes on DVD so that we can have them right now (after they air on BET), and then continue the current "season" in the same style as the first six episodes.

Then perhaps this Black Panther animated series can be released in the same way that the "Wolverine and the X-Men" and "Iron Man: Armored Adventures" animated shows are being released on DVD. ("Volume" DVDs or "Complete Season" DVDs...I'll take them any way I can get them).

(Maybe they could also include the bonus episodes "Panther's Prey" from Iron Man: Armored Adventures" and "Prey of the Black Panther" from the 1994-1995 Fantastic Four animated series.)

And the complete first season of "Iron Man: Armored Adventures" is being released on DVD in May, and that DVD will have 26 episodes on it. Hopefully Black Panther will get the same number of episodes, and actual seasons of his animated series (with Storm).