Author Topic: Which villains do you want the Panther family to face?  (Read 11972 times)

Offline Shade

• View Profile
Which villains do you want the Panther family to face?
« on: February 05, 2010, 02:29:23 pm »
What villians do you want the Wakanda Royal Family to face or even become part of the Panther rogue gallery?

One of my choices is Moses Magnum-

Here is a guy who was on the verge of becoming an A-list team buster villain back in the day, almost sinking Japan, taking on the X-Men and Avengers, and even had his own african nation, but Marvel dropped the ball.

He could be a perfect villian for the royal family. Things I would do: Make him a powerhouse again, have his Magnum Force become a Marvel worldwide threat, let him regain his country back and build it into a highly advanced nation like Wakanda. BP will not only have a powerful foe skill and power wise, but a powerful foe political wise.
Kiss the sky!

Offline Greg

• View Profile
Re: Which villains do you want the Panther family to face?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 02:48:50 pm »
I'd love to see Moses Magnum in the book also!

maybe Apocalypse?

Offline Shade

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 02:51:43 pm »
I'd love to see Moses Magnum in the book also!

maybe Apocalypse?

Another good one. He really needs to regain his badass card that writers over the recent years made him lose :(.
Kiss the sky!

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 03:44:09 pm »
You know, I can also see Mr. Sinister causing some trouble. Maybe somehow he finds out about the special herb and is interested in T'Challa's blood line. Thus could lead to some interesting stories including him seeing just how powerful Storm is and also want to do his own experiments.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 04:49:47 pm »
some spider-man villains-- this new female Kraven, doc ock, rhino, lizard, etc.
Daken..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 05:18:17 pm »
You know, I can also see Mr. Sinister causing some trouble. Maybe somehow he finds out about the special herb and is interested in T'Challa's blood line. Thus could lead to some interesting stories including him seeing just how powerful Storm is and also want to do his own experiments.

Good call on that one, you'd think he would be very interested in uninterrupted eugenics dating back centuries; Wakanda should be a genetic goldmine to him.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 08:35:23 pm »
<<Moses Magnum- Here is a guy who was on the verge of becoming an A-list team buster villain back in the day, almost sinking Japan, taking on the X-Men and Avengers, and even had his own african nation, but Marvel dropped the ball. >>

Huh?  There was twenty years between his X-men appearance and his Avengers appearance.  Inbetween, he only showed up a handful of times.  He was hardly ever even close to being an B-list villain, let alone a A-lister.

Ahhh, I guess I just simply cannot take someone called Moses Magnum seriously.  BP deserves better, unless someone seriously improves him.

BTW, what country?

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 09:07:26 pm »
I just read Magnum's been killed by Daken as part of a plot by Norman Osborn. It was on Wikipedia so take that with a grain of salt.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 11:41:29 pm »
Here are some villains I'd like to see:

1) A powerful threat from the Negative Zone
2) Loki
3) Hela
4) Kang, the Conqueror
5) Super Skrull
6) Ego, the Living Planet
7) Diablo

In the X-Men titles, there exists the Hellfire Club, a club for the very wealthy and politically powerful. The secret heart of this Hellfire Club is the Inner Circle, a group of powerful mutant elitists who seeks to dominate the world via political and financial power. This group is led by the Lords Cardinals: Black King, Black Queen, White Queen, White King, rooks, bishops, etc and they are the heads of the Hellfire Club. There are branches of these clubs all over the world. Couldn't there be a secret Inner Circle organization in Wakanda itself?

I don't know, maybe its a bad idea...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:33:33 am by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 06:55:39 am »
I would like to see Hunter The White Wolf get back into the picture just because this chracter has so much UNEXPLORED POTENTIAL. He was raised alongside T'challa and Shuri and we know that he loves Wakanda. It would be interesting to see how Shuri Felt about Hunter on whether she liked him growing up or loathed him, because he is technically one of their siblings. Since he is technically The Son of T'chaka too, im sure he can play a game of chess that matches T'challa's. On top of that, it would be mad cool to see The Dora Miljae Vs. The Hatut Zeraze, that would definetly make a good fight scene.
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence

Offline Jihad the Roughneck

• Thomas Sankara was the greatest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 07:35:34 am »
How about a Marvel DC soul brother crossover where Gorilla Grodd and M'baki team up to take out the Panther. I wouldn't mind the Wrecking Crew, or spme Luke Cage villians like Chemistro etc.
I've got bass tone, I use cologne
and I rock the funky rhymes on the microphone
RUNDMC perfection

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 08:54:40 am »
I would like to see Hunter The White Wolf get back into the picture just because this chracter has so much UNEXPLORED POTENTIAL. He was raised alongside T'challa and Shuri and we know that he loves Wakanda. It would be interesting to see how Shuri Felt about Hunter on whether she liked him growing up or loathed him, because he is technically one of their siblings. Since he is technically The Son of T'chaka too, im sure he can play a game of chess that matches T'challa's. On top of that, it would be mad cool to see The Dora Miljae Vs. The Hatut Zeraze, that would definetly make a good fight scene.

This! A million times this!

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 11:02:53 am »
<<Moses Magnum- Here is a guy who was on the verge of becoming an A-list team buster villain back in the day, almost sinking Japan, taking on the X-Men and Avengers, and even had his own african nation, but Marvel dropped the ball. >>

Huh?  There was twenty years between his X-men appearance and his Avengers appearance.  Inbetween, he only showed up a handful of times.  He was hardly ever even close to being an B-list villain, let alone a A-lister.

Ahhh, I guess I just simply cannot take someone called Moses Magnum seriously.  BP deserves better, unless someone seriously improves him.

BTW, what country?

Moses Magnum is head and shoulders above BP's entire rogue's gallery. I mean look at those guys. Klaw and Man-Ape tend to be grunts for other super bad guys. Killmonger doesn't even have any powers (or a shirt).

At least Magnum has threatened the Avengers and X-Men single handedly. That alone makes him far more powerful than the Panther's usual foes. In point of fact, Magnum is argueably way too powerful for BP to take on without the help of Storm.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 12:38:45 pm »
1. Morlun- The whole totem dynamic and his history would make him a natural rival to both BP and Wakanda.

2. Taskmaster- The powers that be want Black Panther dead, who better to send than the Taskmaster.

3. Juggernaut- Bring the Cartoon to life in the comics. Cain is dropped off in Wakanda and cuts a swath of destruction all the way to the capitol.

4. Apocalypse- He gives an ultimatum for vibranium and of course T'Challa refuses.

5. Magneto- The conversation alone between these two would be worth the price of the issue.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 01:04:13 pm »
1 Obviously Doom is now the arch villain

2.Hellfire Club

3. Mr Sinister he should be very interested in the potential royal progeny

4. Apocalypse

5. Magneto

6. Nation X  a rival country meta/military threat

Okay I bit most of those but hey they were good