Author Topic: Which villains do you want the Panther family to face?  (Read 13899 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Which villains do you want the Panther family to face?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 01:27:42 pm »
To go way off the range, Fin Fang Foom.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 07:20:22 pm »
<<Moses Magnum- Here is a guy who was on the verge of becoming an A-list team buster villain back in the day, almost sinking Japan, taking on the X-Men and Avengers, and even had his own african nation, but Marvel dropped the ball. >>

Huh?  There was twenty years between his X-men appearance and his Avengers appearance.  Inbetween, he only showed up a handful of times.  He was hardly ever even close to being an B-list villain, let alone a A-lister.

Ahhh, I guess I just simply cannot take someone called Moses Magnum seriously.  BP deserves better, unless someone seriously improves him.

BTW, what country?

Moses Magnum is head and shoulders above BP's entire rogue's gallery. I mean look at those guys. Klaw and Man-Ape tend to be grunts for other super bad guys. Killmonger doesn't even have any powers (or a shirt).

At least Magnum has threatened the Avengers and X-Men single handedly. That alone makes him far more powerful than the Panther's usual foes. In point of fact, Magnum is argueably way too powerful for BP to take on without the help of Storm.

I agree..

Killmonger doesn't even have any powers (or a shirt). =  :D lol... I still like KM even if he 's shirt-less, but he could use some type of powers.. maybe have him take something that makes him Immortal (but similar to how Mr. Immortal powers works). That way T'Challa could kill & defeat him in battle & keep their rivalry going. all at the same time...
Pull List

Offline Shade

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 08:22:20 pm »
<<Moses Magnum- Here is a guy who was on the verge of becoming an A-list team buster villain back in the day, almost sinking Japan, taking on the X-Men and Avengers, and even had his own african nation, but Marvel dropped the ball. >>

Huh?  There was twenty years between his X-men appearance and his Avengers appearance.  Inbetween, he only showed up a handful of times.  He was hardly ever even close to being an B-list villain, let alone a A-lister.

Ahhh, I guess I just simply cannot take someone called Moses Magnum seriously.  BP deserves better, unless someone seriously improves him.

BTW, what country?

Moses Magnum is head and shoulders above BP's entire rogue's gallery. I mean look at those guys. Klaw and Man-Ape tend to be grunts for other super bad guys. Killmonger doesn't even have any powers (or a shirt).

At least Magnum has threatened the Avengers and X-Men single handedly. That alone makes him far more powerful than the Panther's usual foes. In point of fact, Magnum is argueably way too powerful for BP to take on without the help of Storm.

I agree..

Killmonger doesn't even have any powers (or a shirt). =  :D lol... I still like KM even if he 's shirt-less, but he could use some type of powers.. maybe have him take something that makes him Immortal (but similar to how Mr. Immortal powers works). That way T'Challa could kill & defeat him in battle & keep their rivalry going. all at the same time...

I personally would turn him into a Lex Luthor type villian.
Kiss the sky!

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 09:07:52 pm »
Just off the dome, but what if Killmonger just straight up killed the Queen Mother, like, brutally?  Hardcore mortal kombat style, I would love to see the reaction to that.

Power-wise, give him some laser beam wristbands or a light tech upgrade-not a full body suit like iron man/iron panther, but maybe a bone-colored exoskeleton to throw down in, like he's wearing someone's skeleton.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 09:12:42 pm »

BTW, what country?

I agree..

How so/in what way?
Pull List

Offline Shade

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 09:32:40 pm »

Huh?  There was twenty years between his X-men appearance and his Avengers appearance.  Inbetween, he only showed up a handful of times.  He was hardly ever even close to being an B-list villain, let alone a A-lister.

Ahhh, I guess I just simply cannot take someone called Moses Magnum seriously.  BP deserves better, unless someone seriously improves him.

BTW, what country?

I agree..

Killmonger doesn't even have any powers (or a shirt). =  :D lol... I still like KM even if he 's shirt-less, but he could use some type of powers.. maybe have him take something that makes him Immortal (but similar to how Mr. Immortal powers works). That way T'Challa could kill & defeat him in battle & keep their rivalry going. all at the same time...

How so/in what way?

He's always had a good political mind and they could also build him up to have a good business mind and build a company somewhere (Maybe in the US) and try to overthrow Wakanda through business and politics and hired goons. And give that man a shirt!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 09:34:26 pm by Shade »
Kiss the sky!

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 10:14:24 pm »

The Purifiers & The the Choir

Also I think it would be cool if some of the older villains were brought back & updated & Upgraded...

Sombre (I think his powers a good enuff as is.. now he just need to written as a credible threat)

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/sombrebp.htm

Princess Zanda (now with some from of Super Strength & Invulnerability)

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/zandacoa.htm

Salamander K'ruel (now with the ability into to become Salamander/human hybrid with Salamander powers )

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/salamkru.htm

Madam Slay (now with the ability into to become leopard/human hybrid with leopard type powers)

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/mdmsly.htm

Lord Karnaj (now can to disruptor energy/sound with his hands)

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/karnaj.htm

Doctor Crocodile (now with updated cybernetics , now the leader of the Crocodile Cult & also empowered by Sobek the Crocodile God)

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/drcrocod.htm

Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 10:25:43 pm »

BTW, what country?

I agree..

How so/in what way?

He's always had a good political mind and they could also build him up to have a good business mind and build a company somewhere (Maybe in the US) and try to overthrow Wakanda through business and politics and hired goons. And give that man a shirt!

Ok I can see that...
Pull List

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 06:44:43 am »
OK, I can give you that Moses Magnum has been under used, but I think Klaw has too.  The guy starts off so dangerous that BP decides he needs the help of the FF to beat him.

Since then the guy has suffered liked Orca.  First Orca is so powerful, only Thor can beat them. Then Cage can knock him out with a single blow.  Klaw has beaten the entire FF with a single blast before. 

Put Klaw back to his original level and mannerism and BP has a worthy foe.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 08:06:12 am »
I really like the idea of the Purifiers coming after Ororo; a high profile mutant, member of the Wakandan royal family, requiring Storm and BP to defend themselves from assassination, then investigate (while kicking tons of Purifier butt) the groups' organization perhaps to find that a more powerful or at least more ingenious/committed foe was pulling all the strings. 

Killmonger, Achebe, Klaw; these guys may be too BP familiar or low profile so other mastermind suggestions I'd include are:

Magneto, Sinister, Red Skull (T'Challa literally broke his jaw), Hunter (The White Wolf)...

It would be nice to see T'challa and Ororo employ the assistance of Kasper Cole against the Purifiers.

Peace,

Mont

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 08:25:24 am »
The one that makes the most sense right now is the purifiers. Their reaction of a Mutey marrying a human should get their blood boiling for another political controversy. Just imagine storm attacks them by being provoked, another political drama arises. In regards to KM (he's dead) but his followers and his son are potential villains of country. There is still the "gangster skrulls"
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Bashengas Rage

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2010, 10:58:48 am »
Apocalypse seems like a no brainer to me. En Saba Nur is obsessed with survival of the fittest and who's more fit than the people of Wakanda?

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 02:21:10 pm »
It's been rumored for the longest that T'challa has a plan that can stop Galactus, it would be really interesting to finally see what the heck that plan is, and to have it utilized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 04:13:44 pm »

The rogues gallery… How about reinterpretations of Killmonger? Imagine him more along the lines of having the business acumen and political savvy of a Lex Luthor, Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne.   He could be founder and governor of the N'Jadaka region and some mayoral like title for N'Jadaka city, building on BP vol. 2#16,2000. I would have Killmonger  take control of the Desturi, his answer to the Hatut Zeraze. Combine this with Luke Cage level strength and durability and you may have the ideal antagonist for T'challa. Solomon Prey, a eurocentric aristocrat and drug lord who transforms into a gargoyle like creature, is an expatriate who operates out of Paris (cue the Goth). Achebe, no brainer. An Afrakan version of the late great Heath Ledger's Joker. Man-Ape,(who I think was vastly improved under the aegis of Priest) could have  a new name i.e. Silverback and a new costume without the gorilla head. The Jabari tribe from which he hails should be Hulk-like in size and stature as they live in one of the harshest environs in Wakanda, the Crystal forrest, home of the white gorilla from which their ancestors based their religion. Another reinterpretation would be that of Sombre (JA vol. 1 #13, 1974) as he or she is the charismatic religious leader of a cult (think classic Brother Blood from Teen Titans) that worships at Resurrection Altar delivering salvation to adherents through exposure to those "hellish rays." The Supremacist (BP mini series #2,1988) evolves into a Hydra/A.I.M. like organization with advance technology and super human agents.  Their particular brand of centuries old eugenics creates a new kind of mutant who sees their antithesis in the Wakandans.

I would also upgrade the Rhino and make him Afrakan. He could be a Nigandan out for vengeance. I suggest certain nations like Deviant Leumiria, Azania, Rudyarda, South Africa, Arabia, Britain and the U.S. be out for revenge or take over of Wakanda. This could yield any number of NGOs and special operatives thus creating a variety of new and meaningful villians.
In addition to what was previously stated, strained relations with Namor/Atlantis, Magneto/Genosia, Blackbolt/Atilan and Moses Magnum/Canaan could come to a head in the aftermath of Doom War.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Bashengas Rage

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 07:14:22 pm »
It's been rumored for the longest that T'challa has a plan that can stop Galactus, it would be really interesting to finally see what the heck that plan is, and to have it utilized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

We saw a bit of it during McDuffie's run on Fantastic Four. The Gold frogs were used in addition to a modified version of Doom cosmic power drainer....it also said that for the full plan to work they'd need a shape-shifter, the entire Wakandan air force and the cooperation of the Hulk.