Author Topic: Astonishing X-Men in East Africa!  (Read 8053 times)

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Astonishing X-Men in East Africa!
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 06:28:12 am »
It’s a pretty interesting look they’ve got going there. More urban than usual for them.

I think Storm IS wearing a Mohawk there. It looks like she’s just wearing fuzzy earrings to match.  ;D

The X-men look like they are going to a dance competition (You got served Hellfire Club!).  Armor looks kinda like Jubilee. On the other hand that’s probably one of Cyclops’ better costumes. Emma doesn’t look bad either (by her standards she’s modestly dressed.  ;D)

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 11:03:52 am »
Emma doesn’t look bad either (by her standards she’s modestly dressed.  ;D)

Guess she's going for the aging-Madonna look?  She just looks kind of...used...

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 11:20:16 am »
I HATE THE LOOK ON STORM, I agree with keeping her Regal, instead of trying to make her "Punk Rock" .. I guess the look is ok for Astonishing X-men, But I certainly hope that she doesn't start showing up like that in The BP books,  O and one more thing, The Writer of the book says:

The one thing I've always said about the X-Men is that it's the soap opera book of Marvel," the artist said. "It's full of mature love triangle and relationships and infidelities and romance. It's all about being attracted to something you can never have whether that's Wolverine and Jean Grey or Rogue...so I try to make my art a little more mature. Not sexual but definitely more adult.

After all the BS that Storm and T'challa have been through if he so much as involves Storm in one of these twisted love triangles or infidelites, I will go upside his head myself!!!!!!!!!
 >:( >:( >:(
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 11:29:28 am »
The only thing keeping Storm from showing up in a love triangle in X-books is that both BP n X have same editors, IIRC.

But eventually it will happen.  It's happened with Reed/Sue/Namor, it has happened with Scott/Jean/Logan/Emma.  Only marriages where it doesn't happen, the marriage ended, and the later one has ended too..

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 02:52:08 pm »
Wow, I'm really loving Storm on that cover...Marvel should make a poster out of that entire image as well.

And usually I'm not a big fan of Storm's mohawk, but that depiction right there is awesome. Kudos to Kaare Andrews...I liked that artist's work on the Daughters of the Dragon mini-series from a few years back (which reminds me, I still need to pick up that trade). I liked the artist's depiction of Misty Knight in that series.

Which makes me think...Black Panther & Storm/Misty Knight & Iron Fist team-up...

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 03:18:00 pm »
The only thing keeping Storm from showing up in a love triangle in X-books is that both BP n X have same editors, IIRC.

But eventually it will happen.  It's happened with Reed/Sue/Namor, it has happened with Scott/Jean/Logan/Emma.  Only marriages where it doesn't happen, the marriage ended, and the later one has ended too..

I don't want Storm in some dang love triangle. If Marvel does something stupid like this, it better not be with Forge or Wolverine. Logan and Forge are like savages and Storm is a mercedes. You don't drive a mercedes through a jungle, the natives can't appreciate it. All these years with Wolverine chasing up behind Jean like a mongrel dog and then to go at Storm now that Jean is dead? Storm should be nobody's second. Forge messed it up when he retracted his marriage proposal and went out with Mystique. Neither Jean or Mystique are on Storm's level. I mean, here was Jean married to Scott and trying to sleep with Logan in the backyard woods of the mansion. He had to nearly beat her down with a stick and tell her "no". However, he'd been at her many times before in the past while Storm was right there on the team.

Marvel needs to let Storm and Black Panther work. They should set an example for all the other couples in Marvel to follow.
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 04:27:30 pm »
To be honest I'm really not interested in this even with The X-Men going to East Africa which may involve a Doc Croc appearance..

Why I'm not

1. 3.99
2. Mohawk... How I hate the Ororo in any type of Mohawk
3. Delays- If it's Ellis & if it Astonishing there will be delays..
4. Ellis - his x-work works bores me to say the least.
5. Ororo - he can't write he at all imo lets not forget that Astonishing # 25 I'm bored married house wife bs & whatever issue it was he had Ororo unable to pick 300 pound Logan..
6. Armor - just don't care for the character at all..  Their at least 7-10 x-students  (Dust, Hellion, Mercury, Rockslide, Loa, Nezhno, Surge, Anole & etc)who are more interesting, unique & entertaining than here.. Still no in story reason why she even still on the team over some vet X-Men (Nightcrawler, Gambit, Jubilee, Iceman, Moonstar & etc.) 
7. The stories/events in Astonishing rarely effect any of the characters in the when they aren't in Astonishing since Ellis began writing it.. The only character Astonishing really effects is Armor because it's the only place she usually appearances.
8. He & Brain Wood killed Synch..
Pull List

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 10:16:00 pm »
I didn't know Kaara Andrews is also the director behind the upcoming horror film "Altitude". So I guess this story is going for some Biohazard/Resident Evil angle.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010, 03:51:55 pm »
When Ellis took over the series last year he said there was a Wakanda storyline coming up, I'm thinking this is it altered due to Doomwar.