Author Topic: JIMI IZRAEL ON THE BLACK WOMEN NOT GETTING MARRIED CRISIS  (Read 18784 times)

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: JIMI IZRAEL ON THE BLACK WOMEN NOT GETTING MARRIED CRISIS
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 10:20:55 pm »
I don't think it's appropriate to base a relationship PRIMARILY on material wealth.  However, it is a consideration that should not be taken lightly.  If I should lose my corporate gig, will Mr. Blue Collar have the cheddar to continue to support us?

What do you mean by support?

Support you overall or support you in the lifestyle that you've become accustomed to?

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2010, 10:26:43 pm »
I don't think it's appropriate to base a relationship PRIMARILY on material wealth.  However, it is a consideration that should not be taken lightly.  If I should lose my corporate gig, will Mr. Blue Collar have the cheddar to continue to support us?

Support you overall or support you in the lifestyle that you've become accustomed to?

Yes.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:33:02 pm by Magic Wand »
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 10:39:57 pm »
I don't think it's appropriate to base a relationship PRIMARILY on material wealth.  However, it is a consideration that should not be taken lightly.  If I should lose my corporate gig, will Mr. Blue Collar have the cheddar to continue to support us?

Yes.

Hahahahaha.

Would driving the BMW while buying you a used Toyota, ONLY til you get back on your feet work as support?

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2010, 05:32:22 am »
In a way yes. sh*t happens you as a couple have to adapt to ups and downs of life. If by so chance your spouse loses a job then it is usually the case that the "lifestyle" may go down. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made. As long you have a home that has the rent or mortgage paid on time, utilities paid on time & enough food to nourish the home then you are already in good standing and "living the good life".

it should be some consideration regarding whom you are marrying, does this person have a tendency to be late on rent, car payments, credit issues. Matter of fact if I do decide and pop the question(most likely not) I would have both myself and my future spouse meet with a financial adviser and come up with a plan. Honestly I don't want to marry into an apartment. So hopefully myself and future spouse is doing want it takes to become homeowners together once the honeymoon is done.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2010, 07:58:43 am »
Second. A marriage is a covenant and a partnership.  Attractiveness, sexual appeal, gene pool, income, intelligence, sense of humor, morality, and many other factors are all in play.  No one should be married just for any one factor, whether is be money or sex.

Offline isaiah_bradley

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2010, 05:52:15 pm »
hmmm I give the gent credit with his honesty with the topic. One can't discuss something like this without someone getting salty and wanting to defend themselves. But is it really a "crisis"? Why should one even care?

WHAT'S THAT IN YOUR AVATAR. ISN'T FROM A VIDEO GAME.

Offline isaiah_bradley

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2010, 06:08:18 pm »
I don't think it's appropriate to base a relationship PRIMARILY on material wealth.  However, it is a consideration that should not be taken lightly.  If I should lose my corporate gig, will Mr. Blue Collar have the cheddar to continue to support us?

HOW MUCH ARE YOU MAKING AT YOUR CORPORATE GIG. BECASUE YOU MAY SIT A CUBICLE MAKING 70.000.00. WHILE MR. BLUE COLLAR MAY DRIVE A TRUCK FOR PESPI MAKING 80.000.00.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2010, 06:56:31 pm »
What's up with the all caps?  Is that you Kanye?

Offline isaiah_bradley

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2010, 01:27:58 am »
What's up with the all caps?  Is that you Kanye?

LOL!

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2010, 05:19:56 am »
hmmm I give the gent credit with his honesty with the topic. One can't discuss something like this without someone getting salty and wanting to defend themselves. But is it really a "crisis"? Why should one even care?

WHAT'S THAT IN YOUR AVATAR. ISN'T FROM A VIDEO GAME.
Super Street Fighter 4 Balrog vs Dudley
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2010, 09:56:45 am »
just to chime in real quick,  I think one of the bigger issues we have as a community is the fact that we are the only group in America who feels we are not entitled to anything.   

Every other group will step up to get theirs, ask for it, demand it, but we rarely if ever do unless it is to each other.

With that being said, I feel that many of the women who are single and looking, are alone because of themselves.   It is a myth to say that misery loves company.  Most Men do not like drama. 

Another factor one must take a look at is the dating patterns of these women.    When they were younger, were they messing with nothing but bad boys, were they the woman who were 17 messing with the 30 year old, the 22 year old messing with the 40 year old? Did they try to date the athlete in college, and ignore the cat who was grinding with 2 jobs on the side and could barely pay for his tuition?     Some woman think security first and foremost .  they don't like a man attempting to establish them selves, and many are  to impatient to allow a man to build his empire.      They prefer a man who they perceived already has everything , hence the reason why the neighborhood drug dealer got the love growing up.    Now  after that cat got locked up, the old head she was messing with has left her for a younger chick, or any number of factors she finds herself alone, wondering where all the good men went.   

And it is not just the Sista's either,   there are a lot of single white women who have never been married, or they got married young and are now divorced, by themselves and bitter.   

the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2010, 12:36:07 pm »
... on the new Essence cover, it's cutie Zoe Saldana  :-*.. who, apparently, has dated/is dating a white fellow named Keith Britton.. I wonder if this will be controversy pt. 2..   ;)
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2010, 12:47:10 pm »
If there's any controversy, I assume it will be much less than Reggie Bush generated.  And half of it will be over whether she is "really" back or not, since she is afro-latina. I shouldn't sigh over presumptive stupidity, but....

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2010, 05:30:23 am »
I don't think there's going to be much of a controversy about Zoe Saldana. It seems that a good deal of black women who are vocal about black male-white woman relationships are less vocal about black women-white male relationships. So, I haven't heard any fuss about Saldana being on the cover and I'm not expecting to.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2010, 07:01:18 am »
I don't think there's going to be much of a controversy about Zoe Saldana. It seems that a good deal of black women who are vocal about black male-white woman relationships are less vocal about black women-white male relationships. So, I haven't heard any fuss about Saldana being on the cover and I'm not expecting to.
That is the bullsh*t hypocracy about this debate.