Author Topic: LOST: THE LAST SEASON  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
LOST: THE LAST SEASON
« on: February 20, 2010, 12:28:23 pm »
Wife is out of town, so did a three hour marathon last night.  I admit I understand half of what's going on, but still love the show. 

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
Re: LOST: THE LAST SEASON
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 06:47:24 pm »
I'm enjoying the show but the second week's episode might have been my least favorite of the series.  While its intriguing as always, I don't like how they have cut up the show.  It seems like it either focuses on Jack's group or Locke's.  I wish they could feature everyone each week.  Having to wait 2 weeks to see more of a character can be annoying.

I am looking forward to a great season but I am just sensing a finale that just doesn't cut it.  I hope I'm wrong.  The first season of Lost might be my favorite season of any TV show. 

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 09:24:05 pm »
So...let's break the internet with this discussion:
What did you think of the series finale?

I liked it. I didn't feel cheated.
Just Like Sawyer, the writer's played the long con on us. They told us that it wasn't a Purgatory story and guess what...with all of their wham bam thank you ma'am...it was all 'smoke' and 'mirrors'...it was a purgatory story.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 09:49:21 pm »
So...let's break the internet with this discussion:
What did you think of the series finale?

I liked it. I didn't feel cheated.
Just Like Sawyer, the writer's played the long con on us. They told us that it wasn't a Purgatory story and guess what...with all of their wham bam thank you ma'am...it was all 'smoke' and 'mirrors'...it was a purgatory story.

Still loved the ride, even if we called it after the first season :D

You knew it was going to be Jack's story, you knew at some point they had to "move on", but for everybody that paid attention, the ending still held plenty of "pay-off"...  Christian Shepherd...  we should've known where that was going!

Did I hear Christian say that they built that place of remembrance for each other?  I'm guessing that's the rule-bending that Ben alluded to Hurley?

I also loved that certain character's absences were also explained away  (like Walt.. wasn't his place or time to remember - and poor Michael, who never got to "leave" the island for his sins, even after asking forgiveness) subtly throughout the season.

Every now and then a show comes along that justifies network TV's existence...  this was arguably one of those shows.

Offline masigl4179

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 10:50:48 pm »
I think it was good. It didn't necessarily feel like a purgatory story to me because what happened on the island really happened. The writers could have offered more details but they didn't. Perfect example is when Christian spoke to Jack, he could have called out the names of the people who died before Jack and those who died after him along with how many years they lived before they died and  that would have given more clarity
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 06:43:14 am by masigl4179 »

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 07:39:07 am »
I think it was good. It didn't necessarily feel like a purgatory story to me because what happened on the island really happened. The writers could have offered more details but they didn't. Perfect example is when Christian spoke to Jack, he could have called out the names of the people who died before Jack and those who died after him along with how many years they lived before they died and  that would have given more clarity

Well, it effectively ended as a purgatory story, but I agree that the island did "happen"... they didn't ask to be brought there, nor indentured protectors, but the island did reward them by granting them their "lives" back - the sideways flash was evidence of that  - the perfect life flashing before your eyes just before hitting the pearly gates.  I guess Christian's explanation was enough for me - in the end it didn't matter "when" they moved on, just that they remembered each other and came back to each other before moving on... 

Also - the multi-denominational church was pretty cool too!

Offline Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 08:37:23 am »
Help me out because I don't get it.

They died. They had to fight the 'fog monster' to protect the island and life or did I miss read that ... and the people who left? Were they dead? Alive? The side-flashes ... alternate reality .... heaven?!

"You're gonna go out, and look, for, a job. The word today is...'job'. Jay Oh Bee...y'hear me?"

Offline masigl4179

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 02:19:29 pm »
Hey Jay they crashed on the island. Everything that happened on the island really happened to them. However, the sideways universe was the afterlife or rather a collective hereafter they experienced before they went into the light. Some people died on the island, and some people got off the island and lived for some time but just like real life everyone eventually dies however the castaways unique bond allowed them to all come together again.