Author Topic: SNEAK PEEK: Captain America/Black Panther #1  (Read 7045 times)

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: SNEAK PEEK: Captain America/Black Panther #1
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 06:58:45 am »
Looks good....the Hudlin hate is from the past where he did make mistakes with characterization and capturing the voices of different characters he brought into the book (that's one of the challenges of writing cross overs)....it's hard to turn around perceptions when it's cemented into the comic buying public's mind....Mr. Hudlin has had good ideas and poor execution at times.  Still support the character and hope that this helps to spark a relaunch.

See, in nearly all those cases I like Reg's version of the characters better.

Because I think there's more depth to them.

Reg's Cage is a mix of laid back cool and childlike enthusiasm (most writers have him as either as wise-guy or a tough guy). Reg's Panther is regal when the situation demands it but is more laid back among his close friend and intimates(when Reg's Panther is with his wife or the F.F. he'll crack jokes).  Reg's Storm actually acted like a recognizable human being.

Nobody is one thing all the time.

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 08:36:27 am »
Understand your point....and can also recognize that these characters generally have a certain viewpoint (for example, Nightcrawler clearly shows his usual POV in DoomWar #2)....he doesn't see the need for senseless violence and killing someone just for the sake of killing when an opponent has surrendered (thus maintaining the integrity of the character).  On the other hand, Mr. Hudlin has some well known instances where he did really mess up (ie Storm and The Invisible Woman's reaction to a fight scene with Fake Thor & Hercules).  This was too far of a stretch and a prime example of what some have complained about....it's hard to argue the "showdown" scene between Storm and Fake Thor...and the payoff didn't happen.  There are other examples but this one stands out as being high on the list.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 12:54:58 pm by stanleyballard »

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Pull List

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 04:04:51 pm »
This is a bad azz coic! The writing and pacing and EVERYTHING is on point.It's even got jokes that made me lol.This right here? REG YOU KILLIN IT,SON.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 05:38:56 pm »
cool preview... I didn't want to read the whole thing though, I still like surprises..
Be Kind to Someone Today.