Author Topic: Black Panther Cancelled??!!!  (Read 100161 times)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther Cancelled??!!!
« Reply #285 on: March 09, 2010, 07:06:55 pm »
Besides, she’s got too much competition now for panel time. Emma is a sarcastic upper class b*tch who runs around in fetish wear. It’s hard for any female character to top that. She is team babe now and Psylocke is the runner up. Ellis loves Emma and Agent Brand because he’s partial to writing sarcastic SOB’s in all of his works. He also seems to really like Armor, who was created by Whedon.

Storm's problem is twofold. Back in the day, she was like Halle Berry - far too sexless to be sexy. This was a young woman who wasn't getting any - which was fine - but wasn't getting any for no good reason whatsoever. She wasn't lamenting man trouble (or woman trouble). She wasn't religious, wasn't saving it for marriage, wasn't taking vows...she was WASN'T. And now it's even worse, because she's not just f*cking, she's f*cking T'Challa. It would be different if she was banging Cyclops or Luke Cage, but the Black Panther? She'll never be an Emma or a Psylocke now. She may as well have PANTHER'S PUSSY on her forehead until she dies. It's the double standard of what makes a woman sexy. When you're divorced, you're more or less "ruined". And it's sad, b/c it took Storm being married to realize how sensual her character can be (especially since they were running w/that nekkid African jungle bunny bullsh*t). I mean, why *couldn't* she have a romance w/Wolverine or Gambit or even Luke Cage (or that sexy ass Bishop - that could've been sooooo hawt)? She got some peglegged Indian...and that's it?

As both a Storm & Gambit fan they really An I mean really shouldn't date/flirt (Which is why I hat that X-treme nonsense where he had them kiss & flirt out of no where)... They work best as friends or in a brother/sister type relationship imo...    Gambit is/should be written like the friend that get her in crazy situation & remind her  of her childhood when she was a thief...  Gambit has gotten screw over by x-writer all much bad has Storm..

I honestly wouldn't want Storm to be Emma (a 40-plus ex stripper ) & or Psylocke (a white character in yellow face)...
Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 09, 2010, 07:10:44 pm »
Besides, she’s got too much competition now for panel time. Emma is a sarcastic upper class b*tch who runs around in fetish wear. It’s hard for any female character to top that. She is team babe now and Psylocke is the runner up. Ellis loves Emma and Agent Brand because he’s partial to writing sarcastic SOB’s in all of his works. He also seems to really like Armor, who was created by Whedon.

Storm's problem is twofold. Back in the day, she was like Halle Berry - far too sexless to be sexy. This was a young woman who wasn't getting any - which was fine - but wasn't getting any for no good reason whatsoever. She wasn't lamenting man trouble (or woman trouble). She wasn't religious, wasn't saving it for marriage, wasn't taking vows...she was WASN'T. And now it's even worse, because she's not just f*cking, she's f*cking T'Challa. It would be different if she was banging Cyclops or Luke Cage, but the Black Panther? She'll never be an Emma or a Psylocke now. She may as well have PANTHER'S PUSSY on her forehead until she dies. It's the double standard of what makes a woman sexy. When you're divorced, you're more or less "ruined". And it's sad, b/c it took Storm being married to realize how sensual her character can be (especially since they were running w/that nekkid African jungle bunny bullsh*t). I mean, why *couldn't* she have a romance w/Wolverine or Gambit or even Luke Cage (or that sexy ass Bishop - that could've been sooooo hawt)? She got some peglegged Indian...and that's it?

When CC was writing both Power Man/Iron Fist and the X-Men, the casts crossed over frequently. Colleen Wing was Jean Gray's roommate. Once CC became "the X-guy" all that ended and the only non-X-men you'd get to see were sympathetic normals like Moira MacTaggert and Stevie Hunter or Spider-Man just because.

And all those normals started dying horribly the instant CC left (why waste panel space on somebody who can't fly?). So normal dudes weren't a romantic option anymore.

Heck even the surfer dude Storm picked up in X-treme secretly had powers.

And of course the writers paired Gambit off with Rogue fairly quickly. The only other option would have been Logan. And at that point he was in love with Mariko, in lust with Jean Gray and being stalked by Yukio. Dude was too damn busy to notice Storm.

Considering what comic fans tend to be like, i'm amazed Bishop and Storm got as much panel time together as they did-a relationship was verboten.

All joking aside, up until CC's  X-men X-treme ("Storm gone wild") and CC last run of X-men , if you has told me Storm was asexual I'd of had a hard time disproving it based just on the X-books.

Actually Colleen Wing is/was Scott ex gf & Misty Knight was Jean room mate...
Pull List

Jenn

« Reply #287 on: March 09, 2010, 07:11:15 pm »
I think Emma is supposed to be around 30 or so. I remember when the Children of the Corn called her old (or something) and she replied that she was only 28. T'Challa, according to Priest, is only 33; since he was still a prince when he met Ororo, that should kill that "statutory rape" bullsh*t the fanbratti were spitting. Seriously, that was just sick.

Don't get me started on that "kiss". Please.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 09, 2010, 07:22:20 pm »
Hey, don't we have another thread to discuss the Storm powers/vs Magneto war.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 09, 2010, 07:28:58 pm »

For me...Storm (or Monica R) powers are not the issue. But yeah, we have another thread about that.  :D
I'm talking about her personality and how she is writen.

I think we need to see 'growth' with Storm...we need to see a different side.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 09, 2010, 07:30:33 pm »

I am not sure, but if that other guy wants to take me on in a "Storm vs. Magneto" thread, I will be more than willing to oblige him. We can just start a new thread for that. I haven't been posting many scans in this thread in rebuttle as I didn't want to cram it too much with "Storm vs. Magneto." This thread is about "DoomWar" and "Black Panther" and the characters' characterization which includes powers where Storm is concerned, but its not a "vs" thread.
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 09, 2010, 07:39:27 pm »
I think Emma is supposed to be around 30 or so. I remember when the Children of the Corn called her old (or something) and she replied that she was only 28. T'Challa, according to Priest, is only 33; since he was still a prince when he met Ororo, that should kill that "statutory rape" bullsh*t the fanbratti were spitting. Seriously, that was just sick.

Don't get me started on that "kiss". Please.

It no way she  (Emma) was New Mutants actually 27/28 unless you by in GM off handed rectons (which I don't).. No way she same age as her students the Hellions when she was trying to kill the New Mutants back in day.. How you have students & be younger-same age as them.. Before Grant Morrison in Gen X she was said to be like 13 years older than Banshee daughter Siryn who like 22-24...

Also in one of those old x-issue she (Emma) called Storm, Logan (who looks like he's in 30s at the time) & young ppl.. That not something a character/person would say if she was younger than then.. If Storm, Kurt & etc were in there early 20s then she had be 19 or something...  IMO at the youngest she 35-37 write now..

Also T'Challa being 33 ages him to fast for current sliding time scale in marvel imo.. Currently I'd say he like 29/31 which mean he's be King about 10-12 years which make sense since Franklin R, is about 10-12  years &  having the FF being active around 10-13 years since marvel time kind of works around when they became active..

IMO

Popz died 10-12
Went on walk about (met Strom)- 13-15
Return from walk about & train his @ss off- 17-18
Beat the current Black Panther (S'Yan) & became BP -19.
Meets the F4 -20
Went to the US, spyed & joined Avengers. Also while there he looked into his father death/assassination. Which would/could help explain why he stay so long along with become friend with some of the Avengers. - 21-22 (why he was going S'Yan & N'Gassi act as Regents while in US)
Jungle Action - 23-24
Jack Kirby BP- 24-25
the 80s - 25-26
The 90s Heroes reborn - 26-27
CJP Panther & Red Zone - 27-29
RH BP & JM BP / Current - 29-31

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 07:50:19 pm by 4sake »
Pull List

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 09, 2010, 07:54:06 pm »
Ororo is supposed to be about 25, for those who are interested...

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 09, 2010, 08:30:19 pm »

Imo she's a lil older than 25.

Karma the oldest 3rd/4th gen X-Men/New Mutants is at a minimum 26 & Colossus is also 25/26 & Storm has to older than both of them sense Peter & she are supposed to have big/older sister & younger/lil brother relationship ... 

Karma was 19 (in 1980) when she join & Piotr 17 (in 1975) & Kurt was also 19 (in 75) when he join which make him 27-28.. Since Piotr was 17 when he join she at least had to 18 or 19 when she did which would put her at at least 27 which is also Iceman, Kurt & Gambit ages at the youngest.
Pull List

Jenn

« Reply #294 on: March 09, 2010, 08:43:42 pm »

...no.

Also T'Challa being 33 ages him to fast for current sliding time scale in marvel imo.. Currently I'd say he like 29/31 which mean he's be King about 10-12 years which make sense since Franklin R, is about 10-12  years &  having the FF being active around 10-13 years since marvel time kind of works around when they became active..

Priest says T'Challa has been king for 20 years. But that's PriestPanther, and I don't think Syan existed in his world, so...enh. I think he's a bit younger myself, but I can take 33. I get a little sick of people trying to make characters under 30 b/c they consider 30 to be old. Geez, give it a f*cking rest already.

I don't see Storm or T'Challa to be younger than 30, especially since Storm's father met Malcolm X when he was a babe in arms. Malcolm visited Africa in 1959 and 1964, so David was probably about three when Malcolm was murdered. HOWEVER, Storm has stated that she's been in the X-Men for 12 years. When Storm was seduced by Dracula circa 1980, she was in her "mid to late 20s." She simply cannot - CANNOT - have been born before 1982, not unless you start playing hard and fast with math.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 08:56:53 pm by Jenn »

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 09, 2010, 09:20:14 pm »
Sliding time scale?

I say she is about 28, t'challa about 30...

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 09, 2010, 09:21:51 pm »
How about Black Panther, is it cancelled, or will it return after Doomwar.
---ME
Depends entirely on whether there are any panthers left by the end of DOOMWAR. Maybe we'll do a DOOM, LORD OF WAKANDA series instead.

---Tom Brevoot

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 09, 2010, 09:46:28 pm »
How about Black Panther, is it cancelled, or will it return after Doomwar.
---ME
Depends entirely on whether there are any panthers left by the end of DOOMWAR. Maybe we'll do a DOOM, LORD OF WAKANDA series instead.

---Tom Brevoot

This settles it for me

R.I.P. Shuri

Jenn

« Reply #298 on: March 09, 2010, 10:03:05 pm »

I will actually give this book another chance is Shuri is AHAHAHAHAHAHANIGGAPLEASE. But the thought pleases me anyway.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 10, 2010, 12:00:27 am »
Storm was stated to be in her mid 20s circa Uncanny 159.

Pretty nifty! ;)