Author Topic: Black Panther Cancelled??!!!  (Read 100158 times)

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther Cancelled??!!!
« Reply #345 on: April 07, 2010, 07:06:03 pm »
I think the book is going to be retitled after reading something Axel Alsonso said at one of the Cons. He said point blank that Doomwar was a Black Panther story that could have been told in the Black Panther book...and it doubled and some the sales numbers with the title Doomwar.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 07, 2010, 07:43:35 pm »
We've all said they might reboot the title.  That was never the issue.  We've just been saying the current series is over.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 08, 2010, 05:01:31 pm »
I read the article, basically he said the story could have been in BP but Doomwar is selling two and a half times what BP did. I wish someone had asked them there some plans post DW.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #348 on: April 09, 2010, 12:44:40 pm »
I read the article, basically he said the story could have been in BP but Doomwar is selling two and a half times what BP did. I wish someone had asked them there some plans post DW.

Links,anyone?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 09, 2010, 01:55:27 pm »
I think the book is going to be retitled after reading something Axel Alsonso said at one of the Cons. He said point blank that Doomwar was a Black Panther story that could have been told in the Black Panther book...and it doubled and some the sales numbers with the title Doomwar.

Which is interesting...

On my copy of DOOMWAR #2,  the squared area on the cover section where you'd normally see the bar code had the words inscribed:

Black Panther

...and check this out... years ago, when I first started picking up Black Panther at a Books-A-Million bookstore in my area, the receipt would read as a Daredevil title:

SKU: 001255764
Description: MRV DAREDEVIL
Qty: 1
Price: $3.99

Today, the receipt of DOOMWAR now reads:

SKU: 001262208
Description: MRV BLACK PANTHER
Qty: 1
Price: $3.99

Which indicates that DOOMWAR is really a Black Panther proxy. :-\
Bizarre, huh? ;D