Author Topic: Black Panther Cancelled??!!!  (Read 100698 times)

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther Cancelled??!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2010, 08:53:37 pm »
Would not put it past them to do yet another relauch under a different title-effectively turing the title into a team book(there are three leads anyway).

Or it could really be cancelled.

Marvel's marketing decisions don't always make sense-look at Agents of Atlas.

Jenn

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2010, 09:45:28 pm »
If this is actually true, allow me to be the first to say, on behalf of REAL Storm fans...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2010, 09:56:10 pm »
Would not put it past them to do yet another relauch under a different title-effectively turing the title into a team book(there are three leads anyway).

Or it could really be cancelled.

Marvel's marketing decisions don't always make sense-look at Agents of Atlas.

I could see that happening--I can also see it being gone and that's a wrap. If they did re-imagine it they need to learn from the past and rev up appeal by making it part of the X Verse.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2010, 10:40:25 pm »
If this is actually true, allow me to be the first to say, on behalf of REAL Storm fans...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Just when I was wondering what happened to Jenn.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2010, 10:53:42 pm »
I doubt it..
Pull List

Jenn

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2010, 11:02:01 pm »

My resolution for Lent was to not rag on Maberry for 40 days, but God is going to have to forgive me for this one. To quote the late, great Johnny Mercer:

Hooray and hallelujah
You had it coming to ya
Goody goody for him
Goody goody for me
Your love has been denied
You've been taken for a ride
And I hope you're satisfied
You rascal, you!

I have no qualms to admitting that I feel intellectually superior to anybody who likes this title, that any man who reads this book probably pees sitting down, and anybody who supported this title with his or her dollars should be shot. Granted, this is probably another publicity stunt and BP will come back more bitch made than ever with an even more vapid cunt of a wife, but for now? For now, I gloat.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2010, 11:46:58 pm »
Damn! The C Word!

You really are rejoicing.

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2010, 12:52:52 am »

My resolution for Lent was to not rag on Maberry for 40 days, but God is going to have to forgive me for this one. To quote the late, great Johnny Mercer:

Hooray and hallelujah
You had it coming to ya
Goody goody for him
Goody goody for me
Your love has been denied
You've been taken for a ride
And I hope you're satisfied
You rascal, you!

I have no qualms to admitting that I feel intellectually superior to anybody who likes this title, that any man who reads this book probably pees sitting down, and anybody who supported this title with his or her dollars should be shot. Granted, this is probably another publicity stunt and BP will come back more bitch made than ever with an even more vapid cunt of a wife, but for now? For now, I gloat.

Alright folks, keep walking, nothing to see here... ::)

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2010, 01:03:02 am »
Does this mean T'Challa will become Black Panther again at the end of Doom War?

Of course it wouldn't be Storm.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2010, 01:12:38 am »
Keeping Shuri as Black Panther while continuing the adventures of T'Challa and Storm could really work for an ensemble book; Maberry has said that he likes using multiple characters and this would be a really quick and easy way to have several plots threads weaving throughout the book. 

Besides, after reading DoomWar I it seems that T'Challa is still the king while Shuri is the chieftain of the Panther cult, similar to when Killmonger became BP.  As king, T'Challa has every right to do what he wants and we can just follow him out of the habit.  I just keep thinking about how Mac Gargan has been Venom for what, like 5 years, and that's working out pretty well; I'd like to see some backbone when it comes to keeping Shuri as the Black Panther.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2010, 01:45:37 am »
Keeping Shuri as Black Panther while continuing the adventures of T'Challa and Storm could really work for an ensemble book; Maberry has said that he likes using multiple characters and this would be a really quick and easy way to have several plots threads weaving throughout the book. 

Besides, after reading DoomWar I it seems that T'Challa is still the king while Shuri is the chieftain of the Panther cult, similar to when Killmonger became BP.  As king, T'Challa has every right to do what he wants and we can just follow him out of the habit.  I just keep thinking about how Mac Gargan has been Venom for what, like 5 years, and that's working out pretty well; I'd like to see some backbone when it comes to keeping Shuri as the Black Panther.

I would like to see Shuri explored more as Black Panther. So many of T'Challa's family gets killed off or written offf. So it's good to see someone more permanent. But it could go either way. Bucky Barnes remains as Captain America but eventually the Big Wigs restore the characters to their original status.
(I don't care much for Venom. Peter Parker used to do the Black Cat in that thing. It had his smeg! Gross!)
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2010, 07:01:54 am »
Real talk, Shuri hemorrhaged four years worth of sales in four months, she sank the franchise. So, no,  she won't be Black Panther. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if in re-writing she doesn't make it out this series. I have a hard time on reflection seeing another book coming out of this, if that was so you'd transfer the subscriptions. Also, there would have been an announcement. They don't always announce cancellations but they do launches.

They should have made Storm the Black Panther for a year. They should have tied it to the X verse. Like Bruce Wayne and Steve Rogers you bring T'Challa back from his injuries after a time. Or had T'Challa missing after the attack and Storm search for him . You don't backburner your most popular character.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2010, 07:10:57 am »
I remember when Manhunter went down Marc Andreyko was constantly on the Bendis boards giving updates. He say the book is coming out this weel encourage your friends to buy it, give it a try. That I'm fighting for it. That it is suspended not canceled so write-in. That it was over. That it was coming back so please support it. That it was over again and Kate would be appearing elsewhere at least.

And he thanked the loyal readers...

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2010, 07:19:51 am »
If BP is being relaunched, it could be a while before they make the annoucement  In fact it might be 2 months before they annouce it.  When news came out about new Avengers' titles, the annoucement was made shortly before the May (?)solitcations were released. (May (I think) is when those new books are first released.).

If BP was to get a new title after Doomwar, they may not make the annoucement until they're ready to release July's (or later) solitations.  And if a new creative team is given the book, it might even be later.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2010, 09:57:50 am »
If storm and T'Challa are going to actually be in Secret Avengers that might trump any further plans for the characters as Bru is one of marvel's favorites.

Or they could be waiting for the cartoon to drop.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:41:39 am by Vic Vega »