Author Topic: Black Panther Cancelled??!!!  (Read 100692 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: Black Panther Cancelled??!!!
« Reply #210 on: March 05, 2010, 02:36:34 pm »
The nanite issue has another consider for the whole "wife vs country" argument.    He knows she is an X-men.  That means it is very possible that she will be in situations where the signal would be blocked and would explode, killing her. Her powers could block the signal.  Shoot, there probably places in the Wakanda, especially in the palace that would jam the signal, killing her.

And it still doesn't explain why he didn't try to reach her thru a telepath, especially a mystic type.

(Besides, Reed would have solved the problem in 24 hrs.)

Ehh considering that the friend T'Challa was talking about that he was working is obviously Reed, and that they still haven't figured it out it's safe to say that Reed wouldn't have solved anything in 24 hours.

Taaadow!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 05, 2010, 02:54:26 pm »
It isn't his wife.  If that was Sue with Nannites, he'd solve it in 24 hrs.  Since it is Storm, he is dealing with it and 50 other things.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 05, 2010, 03:08:14 pm »
It isn't his wife.  If that was Sue with Nannites, he'd solve it in 24 hrs.  Since it is Storm, he is dealing with it and 50 other things.

Okay I can see a little of that.I still think that Reed would due this as quickly as possible due to the danger that DOOM and THE CABAL represent.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 05, 2010, 03:27:33 pm »
Besides,I'm uh quote PRIEST ERA BP and say that Ororo "was never in danger" in the first place because TCHALLA simply got it like that.DOOM is more interested in getting the vibranium than killing Ororo,and TCHALLA knows it.DOOM knows that TCHALLA knows,too.

Okay, holdup...we say T'Challa made the locks to the vibranium vault right?  the first set are normal, anyone could break them, the second requires magic, doom's expertise, after that it needs to be picked by a master thief-storm.  It makes me believe (and others have commented on this) that maybe the last lock is also tailor made for a specific person.  So if all these checks need to be made in order to open the vault, does that mean T'Challa in fact wants Doom to get the vibranium?  What rabbit is he going to pull out of his hat?  Some classic Priest stuff right there  :o

Edit:  And if that is the case, as well as we know T'Challa, he isn't going for a simple "win," I think we're moving into some scary ass 'lose your soul for a revenge victory' type of thing.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 03:31:14 pm by DJfunkyPuddle »

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 05, 2010, 03:30:17 pm »
Besides,I'm uh quote PRIEST ERA BP and say that Ororo "was never in danger" in the first place because TCHALLA simply got it like that.DOOM is more interested in getting the vibranium than killing Ororo,and TCHALLA knows it.DOOM knows that TCHALLA knows,too.

Okay, holdup...we say T'Challa made the locks to the vibranium vault right?  the first set are normal, anyone could break them, the second requires magic, doom's expertise, after that it needs to be picked by a master thief-storm.  It makes me believe (and others have commented on this) that maybe the last lock is also tailor made for a specific person.  So if all these checks need to be made in order to open the vault, does that mean T'Challa in fact wants Doom to get the vibranium?  What rabbit is he going to pull out of his hat?  Some classic Priest stuff right there  :o

Booby-trapped vibranium.I'm thinking that TCHALLA could unleash some stuff on DOOM vibranium-wise that DOOM's unaware of.But it won't show--if our guess is right--until say ish 5 or 6.Cuz DOOM is straight MOPPIN FOO'S rightaboutnow and up until then.And maaaan I liked cool Uncle T'Syan!! He was SOOO COOOOL!! Like: "yeah,when I'm in my 60's? that's what I'm gonna look like" cool.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 05, 2010, 03:35:17 pm »

Okay, holdup...we say T'Challa made the locks to the vibranium vault right?  the first set are normal, anyone could break them, the second requires magic, doom's expertise, after that it needs to be picked by a master thief-storm.  It makes me believe (and others have commented on this) that maybe the last lock is also tailor made for a specific person.  So if all these checks need to be made in order to open the vault, does that mean T'Challa in fact wants Doom to get the vibranium?  What rabbit is he going to pull out of his hat?  Some classic Priest stuff right there  :o

Booby-trapped vibranium.I'm thinking that TCHALLA could unleash some stuff on DOOM vibranium-wise that DOOM's unaware of.But it won't show--if our guess is right--until say ish 5 or 6.Cuz DOOM is straight MOPPIN FOO'S rightaboutnow and up until then.And maaaan I liked cool Uncle T'Syan!! He was SOOO COOOOL!! Like: "yeah,when I'm in my 60's? that's what I'm gonna look like" cool.

Yeah man, I hear you, I was really sad to see him go (but not in an angry way).  At least he went out as a hero. 

And i don' think this is the case, but remember in WWH, and later in Avengers: Initiative when the Scrulls were going to send all of America into the negative zone?  What if its something crazy like that, where he wants to wipe out latveria or at least castle von doom?

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 05, 2010, 03:37:11 pm »

Yeah man, I hear you, I was really sad to see him go (but not in an angry way).  At least he went out as a hero. 

And i don' think this is the case, but remember in WWH, and later in Avengers: Initiative when the Scrulls were going to send all of America into the negative zone?  What if its something crazy like that, where he wants to wipe out latveria or at least castle von doom?

I think that Uncle T'Syan was sold short regarding his fighting ability.He should've been able to handle the guards of the Desturi.He's a former BP after all,and he was doing well against Klaw until he got his leg shot off.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 05, 2010, 03:40:04 pm »

Okay, holdup...we say T'Challa made the locks to the vibranium vault right?  the first set are normal, anyone could break them, the second requires magic, doom's expertise, after that it needs to be picked by a master thief-storm.  It makes me believe (and others have commented on this) that maybe the last lock is also tailor made for a specific person.  So if all these checks need to be made in order to open the vault, does that mean T'Challa in fact wants Doom to get the vibranium?  What rabbit is he going to pull out of his hat?  Some classic Priest stuff right there  :o

I'm still in denial about S'yan (I hope get up & is just knocked out..)
Pull List

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 05, 2010, 04:17:37 pm »
The nanite issue has another consider for the whole "wife vs country" argument.    He knows she is an X-men.  That means it is very possible that she will be in situations where the signal would be blocked and would explode, killing her. Her powers could block the signal.  Shoot, there probably places in the Wakanda, especially in the palace that would jam the signal, killing her.

And it still doesn't explain why he didn't try to reach her thru a telepath, especially a mystic type.

(Besides, Reed would have solved the problem in 24 hrs.)

Doom is a mage of such stature that he might have been the next Sorcerer Supreme had Doctor Voodoo not beaten him out for the spot.I wouldn't've tried either the mystic or telepathic route (unless the telepath was Prof X) because DOOM himself would be expecting such a manuever and would have traps set for TCHALLA should he try such a thing.Unless I could get my hands on Doctor Jericho Drumm,Doctor Strange or Professor X,I wouldn't even DAY DREAM of it.And remember...LOKI IS WITH DOOM.I would stay far away from magic communication that could have lethal consequences for my country and wife if I were to do battle with Doom.I would use magic in only the most unconventional self empowering ways that would be safest for my country,family and wife.But that's me.

I had not thought of this angle. Maybe telepathy was not an option., I can recall Dr. STrange beating out Moondragon in a psychic duel. Doom was second only to Strange at one point. He knows that Ororo is around telepaths all the time and has telepathic friends. He may have been prepared for the eventuality of T'challa using a telepath and T'challa, considering this, may not have wanted to take the risk.
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Naki

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 05, 2010, 04:17:56 pm »
Yeah, I really wasn't sure if S'Yan was supposed to be dead or just injured. The family is small as hell, they really can't afford to have any one of them die. And if he's dead, what's really the point of his death? We haven't seen the man since Hudlin's last few issues and the first time we do, he's killed. What a waste of a perfectly good character. W'Kabi, Zuri, and now S'Yan. By the end of Doomwar, there won't be anyone left. Hell, there are too few African characters to be killing them off without a second thought.

Back to the nanites. If they were in the food and water supply, how is it that the DW and Zawari and his crew weren't affected? I know many people think the nanites were a stroke of genius, but I really disagree and the explanation provided was weak as dish water. Taken to its logical conclusion, there should've been no place and noone not infected, including T'Challa and Shuri.

Side note, Doom is a serious peeping Tom, rivaling the sexually deviant janitor or security guard who drills holes in the women's bathroom to take a peek (LOL).
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 04:20:40 pm by Naki »

Jenn

« Reply #220 on: March 05, 2010, 04:19:29 pm »
I had not thought of this angle. Maybe telepathy was not an option., I can recall Dr. STrange beating out Moondragon in a psychic duel. Doom was second only to Strange at one point. He knows that Ororo is around telepaths all the time and has telepathic friends. He may have been prepared for the eventuality of T'challa using a telepath and T'challa, considering this, may not have wanted to take the risk.

Uh...yeah! Yeah, that's it! Exactly!

Signed,
J. Maberry

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 05, 2010, 04:23:11 pm »
Side note, Doom is a serious peeping Tom, rivaling the sexually deviant janitor or security guard who drills holes in the women's bathroom to take a peek (LOL).

OMG wow, could totally see The Broker getting his rocks off like that hahahaha.

As for telepathy/psychics, is T'Challa aware of Emma being a member of the Cabal?  I can't remember if Namor actually mentioned if she was in it or not.  Also, does anybody know what Emma and Doom's relationship is like right now?  I'm wondering if Emma would go so far as to hamper T'Challa/Storm's efforts.

Offline Naki

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 05, 2010, 04:28:17 pm »

Uh...yeah! Yeah, that's it! Exactly!

Signed,
J. Maberry

Thats because the nanites were created, not to enhance the story, but to create tension in the marriage and a BP alliance with the siblings. They were used for the wrong reason and weren't even used correctly, IMO. I really think Maberry just didn't know what to do with Storm while trying to build up Shuri as the new BP. And what we got was well, I don't know what in the hell we got.

Jenn

« Reply #223 on: March 05, 2010, 04:54:48 pm »
And what we got was well, I don't know what in the hell we got.

Average HEFfa: OMG u hater OMG Mayberry iz da bestest he be off da hook yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo greatest book since da Bible n'sh*t!!!111ONEONEELEVENTYPEEPEE

Poster w/5th grade education: Er, how are both T'Challa AND Shuri unaffected?

HEFfa: Uh...

Poster: And why didn't T'Challa just contact any one of 40,000 telepaths that he knows?

HEFfa: Um...

Poster: And didn't we just read this storyline last year? Remember, when it was called X-Men: Worlds Apart?

HEFfa: D'uuuuuuuh...(20 minutes later) I like Black Panther DUN BER BER LEE

Poster: Yeeeeeeeah.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 05, 2010, 05:19:18 pm »
I wrote this on the Doomwar thread but its relevant here:

I can well see why Mayberry made the choices he did. Storm is more powerful than the Black Panther (either one) so to keep the story focused on the main character you put the hyper-powerful character on the sidelines. The Star Wars books do this ALL THE TIME to Luke Skywalker. Most of the novels figure out ways to have Luke out of the way or unable to do anything until the middle chapters. Mayberry’s a novelist and is naturally inclined to write for the trades. If you take Power and Doomwar as 2 parts of a whole (which is how they read) Storm’s major involvement comes right in the middle “chapters” so to speak.   

I’m guessing his idea of pacing follows this pattern

At a guess..?

Mayberry Luke Skywalker'd Storm.