Author Topic: Black Panther Cancelled??!!!  (Read 100164 times)

Offline Naki

• View Profile
Re: Black Panther Cancelled??!!!
« Reply #300 on: March 10, 2010, 03:23:55 am »
How about Black Panther, is it cancelled, or will it return after Doomwar.
---ME
Depends entirely on whether there are any panthers left by the end of DOOMWAR. Maybe we'll do a DOOM, LORD OF WAKANDA series instead.

---Tom Brevoot

One of those smart ass remarks that reveals absolutely nothing. Don't want to say yes for fear it'll ruin Doomwar sales and can't say no if they have something secret planned. Essentially, a non answer.

Offline Shade

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 10, 2010, 04:11:26 am »
---ME
Depends entirely on whether there are any panthers left by the end of DOOMWAR. Maybe we'll do a DOOM, LORD OF WAKANDA series instead.

---Tom Brevoot

This settles it for me

R.I.P. Shuri

Highly doubt it. I remember Maberry talking about introducing a potential love interest for Shuri when DW is done.
Kiss the sky!

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 10, 2010, 06:00:34 am »
...................................... Yeah, like I said Superman rules have to be fully in effect for Storm to be usable most times.

Agreed. She dwarfs the X-Men villains in power as well including the likes of Magneto.

Do you really think so? I LOVE the Storm character(almost named my youngest daughter "Storm"), but against Magneto? Can he still pull a person's iron out of their body? If so, then it's game over.

Storm definitely has the advantage in a fight against Magneto. He has stated on panel that Storm could beat him in a fight if she didn't hold back. Here's the thing about it, Storm controls the forces that dictates weather patterns which includes the same forces Magneto controls as well as a bunch of forces he does not control. First off, I don't buy that Magneto should be able to manipulate the iron in her blood in the middle of a fight.
If that's what you believe, you could have saved yourself a soliloquy.  :)

You haven't shown why he COULDN'T remove her iron. It would just be a thought on his part, to execute that maneuver, like spitting or blinking. Or do his powers work some other way? Let me tell you what I know: If Magneto pulls the iron out of her body, she's done. No if, ands, or buts about it (not unless she has a healing factor, like Logan). No iron means there is no way to get oxygen to into her system/bloodstream, iron also help convert blood sugar into energy (I'm guessing she still needs that, right). The brain needs 2 things, oxygen AND glucose. Once blood sugar levels start falling below 40-35 mg/dl, if you're not already unconscious(most folks would be), then you're having mucho difficulty forming coherent thoughts AND controlling body movement, equilibrium is gone, trust me, I know first hand what I'm talking here. Having a strong will, wouldn't mean JACK, in that situation and neither would being able to shoot lightning, hurricane, etc. I haven't followed the X-Men in years so, can he still pull iron out of people's body? Yes or No.

Yes, Magneto can still pull the iron out of people's blood, however, Storm isn't going to stand there and just let him do it. While he can attack people internally with the iron in their blood, Storm can also attack internally by manipulating air, pressure, heat, etc in their body. She plays with air and pressure within people's body easily. What's to stop her from manipulation the pressure around Magneto's brain and instantly knocking him out if not kill him? This is a woman who creates tornadoes that fit in the palm of her hand. We've seen her control the air in people's lungs, what's to stop her from creating a mini tornado in Magneto's lungs and ripping them apart?

So it's basically like an old west shootout, only instead of Revolver's, it's who can THINK the fastest. Thanks.

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 10, 2010, 06:06:47 am »
Hey, don't we have another thread to discuss the Storm powers/vs Magneto war.

I am not sure, but if that other guy wants to take me on in a "Storm vs. Magneto" thread, I will be more than willing to oblige him. We can just start a new thread for that. I haven't been posting many scans in this thread in rebuttle as I didn't want to cram it too much with "Storm vs. Magneto." This thread is about "DoomWar" and "Black Panther" and the characters' characterization which includes powers where Storm is concerned, but its not a "vs" thread.
Take you on?  ::)

Yo, it ain't THAT serious, especially over characters owned by a corporation who have powers and abilities that can change/increase/diminish at a moments notice. None of this stuff is canon, like say, Lucasfilm characters.

And yeah, Storm is VERY powerful and VERY under appreciated.
'Nuff Said

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 10, 2010, 06:18:59 am »
If we go by war of the Hulks, Storm JUST turned around 30. She has a birthday party in Wakanda (the X-men are guests). They don't give her age but she makes a crack about it being nice to know that she can still turn heads even at her "advanced age".

That's the kind of thing a 20-something says upon hitting the upper 20's(28-29) or 30.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 10, 2010, 07:57:45 am »
If that's what you believe, you could have saved yourself a soliloquy.  :)

You haven't shown why he COULDN'T remove her iron. It would just be a thought on his part, to execute that maneuver, like spitting or blinking. Or do his powers work some other way? Let me tell you what I know: If Magneto pulls the iron out of her body, she's done. No if, ands, or buts about it (not unless she has a healing factor, like Logan). No iron means there is no way to get oxygen to into her system/bloodstream, iron also help convert blood sugar into energy (I'm guessing she still needs that, right). The brain needs 2 things, oxygen AND glucose. Once blood sugar levels start falling below 40-35 mg/dl, if you're not already unconscious(most folks would be), then you're having mucho difficulty forming coherent thoughts AND controlling body movement, equilibrium is gone, trust me, I know first hand what I'm talking here. Having a strong will, wouldn't mean JACK, in that situation and neither would being able to shoot lightning, hurricane, etc. I haven't followed the X-Men in years so, can he still pull iron out of people's body? Yes or No.

Yes, Magneto can still pull the iron out of people's blood, however, Storm isn't going to stand there and just let him do it. While he can attack people internally with the iron in their blood, Storm can also attack internally by manipulating air, pressure, heat, etc in their body. She plays with air and pressure within people's body easily. What's to stop her from manipulation the pressure around Magneto's brain and instantly knocking him out if not kill him? This is a woman who creates tornadoes that fit in the palm of her hand. We've seen her control the air in people's lungs, what's to stop her from creating a mini tornado in Magneto's lungs and ripping them apart?

So it's basically like an old west shootout, only instead of Revolver's, it's who can THINK the fastest. Thanks.
This reminds me of Octavia Butler's Patternist novels. Highly powerful people trying to jack each other up.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 10, 2010, 08:20:12 am »

This reminds me of Octavia Butler's Patternist novels. Highly powerful people trying to jack each other up.

Now there's an excellent resource to mine from! ;)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 10, 2010, 10:15:44 am »
---ME

---Tom Brevoot

This settles it for me

R.I.P. Shuri

Highly doubt it. I remember Maberry talking about introducing a potential love interest for Shuri when DW is done.

That give me an idea... :D
Pull List

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 10, 2010, 04:23:41 pm »
---ME

---Tom Brevoot

One of those smart ass remarks that reveals absolutely nothing. Don't want to say yes for fear it'll ruin Doomwar sales and can't say no if they have something secret planned. Essentially, a non answer.

No acutally, someone already gave me the answer. Which is they have plans for the book after Doomwar...Yet it was ignored, I have more for the back and forth...

Offline Shade

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 10, 2010, 04:44:09 pm »
---ME

---Tom Brevoot

No acutally, someone already gave me the answer. Which is they have plans for the book after Doomwar...Yet it was ignored, I have more for the back and forth...

Can you post them? So a brotha's mind can be at complete ease? lol
Kiss the sky!

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 10, 2010, 07:43:16 pm »
...................................... Yeah, like I said Superman rules have to be fully in effect for Storm to be usable most times.

Agreed. She dwarfs the X-Men villains in power as well including the likes of Magneto.

Do you really think so? I LOVE the Storm character(almost named my youngest daughter "Storm"), but against Magneto? Can he still pull a person's iron out of their body? If so, then it's game over.

Storm definitely has the advantage in a fight against Magneto. He has stated on panel that Storm could beat him in a fight if she didn't hold back. Here's the thing about it, Storm controls the forces that dictates weather patterns which includes the same forces Magneto controls as well as a bunch of forces he does not control. First off, I don't buy that Magneto should be able to manipulate the iron in her blood in the middle of a fight.

If that's what you believe, you could have saved yourself a soliloquy.  :)

Well, if you're going to put it that way with the "quick on the draw" thing, I'll post these scans and then I'm done!
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/5931/energyworld42xc.jpg

Notice in the scan above it states that Ororo can follow the electron signals in the nervous system and this gives her an advantage in any fight. In other words, she can follow the electrical impulses inside her opponent's nervous system, see what the guy is going to do and act fast enough to do something about it.

Also, according to my next scan, Storm can attack with her powers with less than a conscious thought:

http://img46.imageshack.us/i/lessthanacnsciousthoughfo4.jpg/

I credit her unity with the elements and the life force of the planet as being able to execute her desires before her conscious mind can catch up with everything.  The elements respond to her every whim even before she's conscious of it or something like that, I guess. It probably has something to do with her emotions. I mean, we all know that the weathen can echo her emotions. I don't know if that makes much sense, but all I know is she can attack with less than a conscious thought as its right in the scan. So Storm is very fast on the draw. Heck, there is wiggle room here for a writer to have her strike as fast as she needs to strike against any opponent.

Well, I guess its just time to let the whole thing go. Its not THAT serious, as you said. If well written and properly motivated, Storm has the advantage against Magneto. That is all I wanted to say.  ;D
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 10, 2010, 07:49:38 pm »
---ME

---Tom Brevoot

How recent was this answer you received? Was it after before or after Princesa got that letter in the mail about "Black Panther" being cancelled?
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 10, 2010, 08:29:52 pm »
---ME

---Tom Brevoot

How recent was this answer you received? Was it after before or after Princesa got that letter in the mail about "Black Panther" being cancelled?

Yes.

Offline Bashengas Rage

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 10, 2010, 10:03:56 pm »
---ME

---Tom Brevoot

Yes.

This struck me as funny.

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 11, 2010, 05:21:06 am »
If well written and properly motivated, Storm has the advantage against Magneto. That is all I wanted to say.  ;D

I remember when a non-cosmic powered Spider-Man beat the living crap out of Firelord over 20 years ago. The same Firelord who went toe-to-toe with Thor several times. I'm guessing ol' Spidey was "Properly Motivated" :D