Author Topic: DOOMWAR #1 sells out!  (Read 5902 times)

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
DOOMWAR #1 sells out!
« on: March 04, 2010, 09:17:06 pm »
Congrats!!! ;)

Offline Shade

• View Profile
Re: DOOMWAR #1 sells out!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 09:19:07 pm »
Link? Wow that's very impressive considering the very little promotion it got.
Kiss the sky!

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 09:24:33 pm »

Per J.M... it will be up soon I think.

Offline Shade

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 09:26:24 pm »

Per J.M... it will be up soon I think.

Cool. I guess word of mouth does make a big difference lol.
Kiss the sky!

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 09:29:49 pm »
If the momentum can be sustained this could bode well for a BP relaunch.

Thats right I said it, relaunch!

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 09:32:13 pm »
I'm still not so sure it's cancelled.

It's going to 2nd printing....I think they will just pick back up at #13...but if they to relaunch... I hope the change the title to The Black Panther and Storm.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 07:47:32 am »
I'm not surprised, the issue was very well done.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 01:15:28 pm »
The art,the story,the pacing,the characterization,the action sequences (Eaton made the POSTURING PANELS look like ACTION SEQUENCES,that brutha is so ill...and did J.M. JUST BRING IT WITH SHURI TCHALLA AND NIGHTCRAWLER ON THE LAST PANEL OR WHAT!!)...unfettered illness exactly as J.M. promised.

SPOILER OR MAYBE TWO ALERT!! SPOILER OR MAYBE TWO ALERT!!

NANITES ARE ILL.

Thass right.I said it.That was a BRILLIANT stroke of writing,and a VERY GOOD WAY TO EXPLAIN TCHALLA'S ACTIONS.They make PERFECT SENSE now.Man.I don't want to kill the book with spoilers,but man...I loved this thing.Every page.It took off like a supernova to the testes from page one and didn't let go.J.M.? You straight MASHED IT on THIS one,man.I really hope that the rest of Doomwar is at least as ill!! And we very clearly see a serious personality difference and legit brewing conflict betwixt our dazzling hotheaded Shuri and the ever-cool TCHALLA.

Unfortunately,I'm on the BP IS CANCELLED bandwagon myself,and I am saddened by it.However,we will have B.P. with FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS during a time when CAP...er,STEVE ROGERS is being looked at as the future head of SHIELD.That should bode well for AT LEAST ish #1 of that series.DOOMWAR,then FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS,then hopefully loads of cameos,then a hiatus over the XMAS holidays...sounds like last year's marketing of the book.If DOOMWAR is a success,and FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS is a success...hopefully we'll see a 6 or 12 issue miniseries next year.Or best of all? BP RETURNS FROM THE LAND OF THE CANCELLED THIS YEAR.One can hope...after sniffing enough coke,that is.

My great fear is that some complete idiot kills the marriage...as someone already mentioned.T'CHALLA'S personal ONE MORE DAY.I never read OMD because what I heard about it was terrible,and I rarely buy Spidey anyway...but aw Lawdy PUHLEEZE don't let that happen to T'Chorro.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 02:08:24 pm »
This is very welcomed news. Honestly, I think Maberry is going to deliver on this arc. I think Storm, T'challa and Shuri are all going to shine. With that, I seriously hope that Maberry will continue to write these characters and I think he will prove that his writing style can definitely connect with an audience and bring serious readership to these characters.
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 02:13:41 pm »
This is very welcomed news. Honestly, I think Maberry is going to deliver on this arc. I think Storm, T'challa and Shuri are all going to shine. With that, I seriously hope that Maberry will continue to write these characters and I think he will prove that his writing style can definitely connect with an audience and bring serious readership to these characters.

woorrrd
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline BBeeryan

• T'Challa's namesake
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 06:28:30 pm »
Congrats!!! ;)
LOL Soak up the hate. Let's hope I can LMAO come sales numbers for issue 2. I hopin for a push past Fraction numbers. Please make my wish come true.
The All-Goddess, Ororo Komo Wakandas, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, The Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Queen of Prophecy, Hadari Yao, The Bright Lady, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! All-Goddes be praised!

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 09:07:24 pm »
Funny thing is the action has not even started yet.

From issue #1 of this volume to Doomwar...it's a pretty epic story line...that continuous.

Cheers to Marvel, Mr. Hudlin, Mr. Maberry and Mr. Alonso.

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 09:18:56 pm »
Funny thing is the action has not even started yet.

From issue #1 of this volume to Doomwar...it's a pretty epic story line...that continuous.

Cheers to Marvel, Mr. Hudlin, Mr. Maberry and Mr. Alonso.

I know, right!? I looooovvveee long form stories like this, they're so rewarding once the whole thing is done.  I, for one, will definitely look back at this storyline and think: 'That was the sh!t right there'

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 05:31:14 pm »
This is very good news....shows that word of mouth can swing sales in a positive way...Marvel did not strongly market this book & it seems like its timing is not the best considering other titles that are being marketed.

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 02:25:28 pm »
I'm so glad I was able to get a copy. :D