Author Topic: New Christopher Priest Interview Part 1 & Part 2  (Read 3423 times)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
New Christopher Priest Interview Part 1 & Part 2
« on: March 04, 2010, 10:50:44 pm »
http://www.thedollarbin.net/shows/interview-christopher-priest-part-1.html

http://www.thedollarbin.net/shows/interview-christopher-priest-part-2.html

He mentions starting out at marvel, J.Shooter, Black Panther, A (old) Luke Cage movie pitch ( with R.Hudlin & S.Lee), Spider-Man, The X-Men, Milestone Media, Quantum & Woody, The Priest Curse, Impact Comics & other comic related things/people/ideas..
Pull List

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: New Christopher Priest Interview Part 1 & Part 2
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 07:53:28 am »
Interesting...

I've never heard Mr. Priest speak before. He sounds almost like RedJack.  

His accounts of the antics that was going on behind-the-scenes in the offices of MARVEL at the tail end of the 70s and all through-out the 80s into the 90s is fascinating.
Having absolutley no idea all this was going on while I was reading those 30 cent, Still Only 35 cents!!!, 40 cent comics  ---now $3 - $4 comics
---who knew...? :D  :-\  :-[
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 09:48:18 am by Battle »

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 11:42:51 am »
Nice interview. Hope to read more comic work from him one day.
HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/comics

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 08:18:24 am »
Nice interview. Hope to read more comic work from him one day.

It would nice if Mr. Priest can become involved in Black Panther, the animated series as a writer.  That's where he should be.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 01:18:23 pm »
...I hope he comes back with a vengeance; Marvel-wise, I'd like to see him on Spider-man and Thor.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 04:37:24 am »
...I hope he comes back with a vengeance; Marvel-wise, I'd like to see him on Spider-man and Thor.

I could honestly see marvel offering Spider-Man to CJP in some way or from  8) but I don't think they would offer thor nor do I think DC will ever let him write Batman.. :-[
Pull List

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 01:29:40 pm »
Mr. Priest is such a good writer...his version of Black Panther used to be mesmerizing & spectacular....loved the art from Sal & Bob too....have never heard him in an interview and this is really cool.  Didn't know he had so much of a hand in Spider Man (making the sales go thru the roof).  His skill and telent is so underrated.  Top notch.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 11:59:19 am »
Mr. Priest is such a good writer...his version of Black Panther used to be mesmerizing & spectacular....loved the art from Sal & Bob too....have never heard him in an interview and this is really cool.  Didn't know he had so much of a hand in Spider Man (making the sales go thru the roof).  His skill and telent is so underrated.  Top notch.

When Mr. Priest was writing the arc where Officer Cole dons the panther garb, reading it felt like a 'Peter Parker, the spectacular Spider-Man'  story where...

Kasper contemplates the mystery of the panther habit...

...is he like other super heroes?

...or is he no better than the bad guys?

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 12:50:15 pm »

Sal & Bob are the shiznit!!!

you can tell 'em i said so.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Joel Mangrum

• View Profile
    • The Dollar Bin
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 09:26:48 am »
This is Joel from the Dollar Bin.  I am thrilled that everyoe seemed to like our interview with Christopher Priest.  There was a lot of good stuff that had to be cut that hopefully one day we'll be able to post.  Now if we could only get Mr. Hudlin to give us 1/2 an hour our Black Panther rundown would be complete....... (hint, hint)
Dollar Bin Podcaster

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 10:24:54 am »
This is Joel from the Dollar Bin.  I am thrilled that everyoe seemed to like our interview with Christopher Priest. 

Absolutely!

Really nostalgic stuff that filled in all the grey areas of my memory.  Do you accept suggestions?

Offline Joel Mangrum

• View Profile
    • The Dollar Bin
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 04:42:59 pm »
This is Joel from the Dollar Bin.  I am thrilled that everyoe seemed to like our interview with Christopher Priest. 

Absolutely!

Really nostalgic stuff that filled in all the grey areas of my memory.  Do you accept suggestions?

We love suggestions and the more feedback we have the more we like it.  Let me know what you'd like to see.
Dollar Bin Podcaster

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 06:22:40 am »
Thanks for being very thorough in the interview....thought you covered a lot of ground with his history, viewpoint and challenges.  How much of it was cut or edited out for brevity?

Offline Joel Mangrum

• View Profile
    • The Dollar Bin
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 09:18:48 am »
Thanks for being very thorough in the interview....thought you covered a lot of ground with his history, viewpoint and challenges.  How much of it was cut or edited out for brevity?

We cut about an hour out of the total interview.  We "took a break" about 1 1/2 hours in and just kind of shot the sh*t which was interesting to us but not really pertinant to anything else.  Adam is in the process of redesigning the website and he's thinking of making the first half hour or so he cut an exclusive download or something similiar in the future.  We also cut the last 20-25 minutes as it was questions he had for us about our buying habits and also some specifics on new projects he's working on that he asked us not to share with anyone so I doubt that will ever see the light of day or if it does it will be a long time before we can share it.  I think we also trimmed about 5 minutes of silences, stammering, ummms and errrs that are just annoying to listen to.  He was up for continuing as long as we wanted but as I mentioned my wife kind of forced me to cut my time short and everyone decided to start up again in the future.
Dollar Bin Podcaster