Author Topic: Doomwar # 2 Preview  (Read 10907 times)

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
Re: Doomwar # 2 Preview
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 10:50:30 am »
The nitpickters of Nightcrawler... look like fools after issue #2. I mean, this is the perfect example of why you should not nitpick, and allow a story to play out before acting like the world has ended. It's there...and I laughed at this fact when I read it. Nightcrawler's characterazation is fine.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 10:52:58 am »
But it's not a  bad protrayal of Nightcrawler. It just some folk do nitpick things to death. They nitpick without using there heads. This is a 6 issue series. So the nitpickers on the Nightcrawler issue, look pretty stupid after Doomwar #2.

Pretty much. After reading #2 everything that  people nitpicked about Nightcrawler and Doom has been put to rest here. NC even tried to scold Shuri about her killings and the image she would have as ruler. And Doom was pretty much bluffing on the threats in the end.

Not only that, but haters of the marriage, and folks who claim that Maberry hates the marriage, and that Maberry has T'challa not caring about the marriage are really OFF. Don't spoil it, but here we see T'challa giving up a huge sacrifice for his wife.

Offline Naki

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2010, 01:43:57 pm »
Not only that, but haters of the marriage, and folks who claim that Maberry hates the marriage, and that Maberry has T'challa not caring about the marriage are really OFF. Don't spoil it, but here we see T'challa giving up a huge sacrifice for his wife.

[/quote]

How do you figure? It was actually just the opposite. Doom said, "I'm giving you a simple choice: what is more important to you? Your wife or the vibranium? Reveal to me the key to the last lock in five seconds or I will kill the one you love most." Then he counted down to one and T'Challa said absolutely nothing. Meaning, he choose the vibranium over his wife, which is why Doom called it a victory. He not only stole all of the vibranium, but showed T'Challa up to his wife as a man who would put everything before her very life. And of course, the irony being for two issues Ororo had absolute faith her husband would come to her rescue and in the end he didn't. Yeah, that's a marriage breaker.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:47:28 pm by Naki »

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 01:46:18 pm »
But it's not a  bad protrayal of Nightcrawler. It just some folk do nitpick things to death. They nitpick without using there heads. This is a 6 issue series. So the nitpickers on the Nightcrawler issue, look pretty stupid after Doomwar #2.

Pretty much. After reading #2 everything that  people nitpicked about Nightcrawler and Doom has been put to rest here. NC even tried to scold Shuri about her killings and the image she would have as ruler. And Doom was pretty much bluffing on the threats in the end.

In all fairness, I don't think the criticisms were so much that Mayberry literally hated the marriage as they didnít like the way it was depicted.

As in from the last run issues 18 up until the Civil War TíChalla and Ororo are depicted as a very close, very affectionate couple.

The bookís been so action oriented of late that the TíChalla/Ororo relationship has taken a back seat. Now I personally am cool with that as long as we get something cool in exchange. Now that Team Panther is finally fighting A-listers like Doom I can deal with TíChoro taking a back seat for a bit.    

@ Naki: Had Doom killed Storm he mystically would not have been able to open the vault.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:50:38 pm by Vic Vega »

Offline Naki

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2010, 02:09:18 pm »

@ Naki: Had Doom killed Storm he mystically would not have been able to open the vault.
[/quote]

I don't know how he got into the vault and if he used Storm to do so, he would no longer need her. He clearly had removed all the vibranium before T'Challa arrived; hence, the word CHECKMATE written on the inside of the vault. And clearly if he did use Storm, the act didn't kill her. In the end, what appears to be the case is that T'Challa believed the vibranium was still in the vault which is the reason he ran straight to it after Doom tossed his wife his way. Thus, one can easily conclude that T'Challa thought the vibranium was still safe in the vault. Meaning, he choose it over his wife. The pained expression on Ororo's face says is all on the next to last page. Doom, basically took everything from T'Challa and in the end, knew him better than Ororo did. The chess match may not be over, but T'Challa has already lost his queen. Okay, the last part may not be the case, but DAMN, where do you go from here on the trust and marriage front?

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2010, 02:09:50 pm »

How do you figure? It was actually just the opposite. Doom said, "I'm giving you a simple choice: what is more important to you? Your wife or the vibranium? Reveal to me the key to the last lock in five seconds or I will kill the one you love most." Then he counted down to one and T'Challa said absolutely nothing. Meaning, he choose the vibranium over his wife, which is why Doom called it a victory. He not only stole all of the vibranium, but showed T'Challa up to his wife as a man who would put everything before her very life. And of course, the irony being for two issues Ororo had absolute faith her husband would come to her rescue and in the end he didn't. Yeah, that's a marriage breaker.

You didn't understand the ending then. I will just say that. Read the riddle.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 02:12:13 pm by Seven »

Offline Naki

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2010, 02:13:24 pm »

You didn't understand the ending then. I will just say that. Read the riddle.
[/quote]

Hey, if you have a different take, then just spit it out already. There 's no need for cryptic messages. Marvel won't smack your hand if you figured something out.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2010, 04:20:24 pm »
So how did Doom open the last lock? I just don't want to spoil, anything. But it looks like they are playing chess. Also, T'challa didn't choose either way.