Author Topic: To upgrade or not?  (Read 17447 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: To upgrade or not?
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2008, 06:18:18 pm »
By his standard,then BP is nearly superhuman with some overlap into "light" superhuman.By others--including a quote from Seven regarding Marvel.com if memory serves--BP is flatly described as having superhuman abilities,physical AND sensory.

We need to clear up these contradictions decisively and have ONLY ONE definition for ALL THINGS MARVEL,and make it clear that the new Marvel Handbook or whatever supercedes all previous material--marvel or not--regarding the MU.Isn't that what Marvel.com is supposed to be?

If so? BP is superhuman by their standards.Problem is...their "superhuman" in the lower ranges are proveably "human".Humans HAVE lifted cars before.

Here is where KIP'S superhuman Level 2 suggestion is so beautiful.Bench say 2 tons and run a mile  a minute every day.Stuff like that.

Another person who fits in this "Level 2" idea is the Kingpin.  Or Batman.  I was listening to one show, I think onthe History Channel, talking about the possibility of Batman.  It was stated that everything Batman does is possible, but (IIRC) people can't normally do ALL he does and as often as he does it.  (And on a personal note) He probably recovers faster than any norm can.

But here is where I think things get hard with the "Level 2" crowd.  Daredevil would be here, he's probably a lot like Batman, but the thing that really puts him there are his senses.  There are these less "muscle" abilities that many street level characters have that push them into this above human, but not really into Spidey's class.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2008, 07:15:09 pm »
Daredevil's radar sense does give him a superhuman advantage. It's how he fearlessly does those acrobatics. In fact, Daredevil and Dick Grayson are much better acrobats than Batman.

I think Doc Savage is a better example of what Black Panther's level is like. The Renaissance Man exceeds in all disciplines of science; he has made his own discoveries and inventions. Back in his first appearance, Black Panther confessed to creating that mechanical jungle just out of a whim. Both of men have honed their body to the limits. And since Doc Savage also has above average strength, although a friend noted that Captain America is even stronger than him.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2008, 08:09:51 pm »
Daredevil's radar sense does give him a superhuman advantage. It's how he fearlessly does those acrobatics. In fact, Daredevil and Dick Grayson are much better acrobats than Batman.

I think Doc Savage is a better example of what Black Panther's level is like. The Renaissance Man exceeds in all disciplines of science; he has made his own discoveries and inventions. Back in his first appearance, Black Panther confessed to creating that mechanical jungle just out of a whim. Both of men have honed their body to the limits. And since Doc Savage also has above average strength, although a friend noted that Captain America is even stronger than him.

You know; a Doc Savage/Black Panther (1930?) crossover would be cool.  (or perhaps even League of Extrondary Gentlemen/BP of that era crossover.

Hmm, what would the LoEG look like in the Marvel Universe; we have BP and Iron Fist of those eras.  Ancient One (though probably not called that.)  Could toss in Ikarius.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 08:14:15 pm by KIP LEWIS »

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2008, 05:09:01 am »
^^^^That's TITE!! Who's the Ancient One? Reminds me of Dr.Strange's mentor.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2008, 05:12:13 am »
^^^^That's TITE!! Who's the Ancient One? Reminds me of Dr.Strange's mentor.

He is.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2008, 05:22:46 am »
Ohhhh aight.Thanks,KIP! May the Vishanti bless you.Lol.

Btw...a good Iron Fist/BP crossover idea? LoEG BP learned where the 8th City of Heaven is...and passed that info down to his precessors before dying.So now (when the Immortal Weapons and Daniel Rand gets around to look for it) Daniel Rand calls upon BP to help him with the info.That could either be a full on crossover or (more doable and between the two choices the faaar more likely choice) just a few important panels in the IIF book that proves that BP is all over the MU.But BELIEVABLY so,unlike Wolvie and Spidey.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2008, 06:10:47 am »
By his standard,then BP is nearly superhuman with some overlap into "light" superhuman.By others--including a quote from Seven regarding Marvel.com if memory serves--BP is flatly described as having superhuman abilities,physical AND sensory.

We need to clear up these contradictions decisively and have ONLY ONE definition for ALL THINGS MARVEL,and make it clear that the new Marvel Handbook or whatever supercedes all previous material--marvel or not--regarding the MU.Isn't that what Marvel.com is supposed to be?

If so? BP is superhuman by their standards.Problem is...their "superhuman" in the lower ranges are proveably "human".Humans HAVE lifted cars before.

Here is where KIP'S superhuman Level 2 suggestion is so beautiful.Bench say 2 tons and run a mile  a minute every day.Stuff like that.

Another person who fits in this "Level 2" idea is the Kingpin.  Or Batman.  I was listening to one show, I think onthe History Channel, talking about the possibility of Batman.  It was stated that everything Batman does is possible, but (IIRC) people can't normally do ALL he does and as often as he does it.  (And on a personal note) He probably recovers faster than any norm can.

But here is where I think things get hard with the "Level 2" crowd.  Daredevil would be here, he's probably a lot like Batman, but the thing that really puts him there are his senses.  There are these less "muscle" abilities that many street level characters have that push them into this above human, but not really into Spidey's class.

So it's Human, Olympic Athlete, Peak Human, Enhanced Human... Super Human...

Batman would be a long the lines of Peak Human to Enhanced Human... he has been shown curling 800 pounds dumbells and lifting more then that.

BP is a light Superhuman according to Marvel.com and the Marvel Saga (free Marvel text). It clearly states it... so maybe RH has pushed this...

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2008, 08:03:47 am »
I see the Panther ideally portrayed as a cross between Batman and Deathstroke. Human but as leathal as any with powers.

ok, you are smart...

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2008, 03:03:18 pm »
No superhuman physical abilities for BP; in the real world sense od that term.MILLAR is legend for having a much more realistic take on the powers and abilities of true superhumans and one peak human (CA).I firmly believe that if we use real world examples of what "peak human" is and convey that in dialogue in the book? BP will be truly dangerous.BP can pick up and throw a Toyota at will.He can upend a bus (60+mph speed plus 10 ton maxed out bench strength hitting a bus from the rear at a 45 degree angle,then lifting) pretty reliably.He's not as strong as Spidey,but BP's nearly as quick (reflex time) and agile,waaaaaayyy smarter waaaaaayy more experienced and a waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy better,waaaaaayyyyyy more multitalented and waaaaaaaaaayyyy more skillful fighter.He'd pretty much hand SM his webs in a h2h slang em up.Add the tech of BP and it's a wrap.

Science has long indicated that we humans have a latent regeneration ability.The same cues in our DNA prior to and during our fetuses that initiate,moderate and basically run quality control upon the formulation of every aspect of the physical human being.Sooooo I could see RH giving BP a pretty strong accelerated healing factor,and drawing on canon ranging from JUNGLE ACTION to PRIEST: BP's healing factor--unbeknownst toeveryone lse due to his cunning and misdirection--explains how je as able to keep on keepin on like he did during JUNGLE ACTION while severely wounded.It explains how he was the first to recover after passing out during his fight with IRON FIST (PRIEST).
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2008, 03:40:53 pm »
SI, i love your BP/Iron Fist crossover.
add Cage and the Immortal Weapons (they need their own spinoff book or mini series..i luv fat cobra)

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2008, 04:06:53 pm »
^^^Thanx MM for the props and YES,both CAGE aaaannnd the Immortal Weapons should have a miniseries.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2008, 04:17:06 pm »
I would like to see RH do Luke Cage. I think that comic would be awesome.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2010, 02:49:38 pm »
I'm still waiting for an Immortal Weapons Mini Marvel!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2010, 12:07:59 pm »
I'm still waiting for an Immortal Weapons Mini Marvel!

Yeah,along with UNcanceling IIF.Which was a despicable and evil thing to do.And I like Maberry's enhancements of TCHALLA,but I still think that TCHALLA is firmly within the realm of human physical ability (unless he shows off some magical powers due to his mystic enhancements).I am THOROUGHLY loving DOOMWAR.It's more addicting than Satan's personal stash of crack.And FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS by RH? Maaaaaaayyyne.You already know!
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC: