Author Topic: DoomWar #2 Review & Discussion  (Read 12436 times)

Offline Blitz

• View Profile
Re: DoomWar #2 Review & Discussion
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2010, 07:07:23 pm »
If they were able to expose Doom's involvement to the entire country then the Desturi would have quickly lost favor. I'd like to see how the reporters, N'Dega and M'Toka, would have spread that information.

Exactly, the Key to victory for T'Challa & Shuri within Wakanda (at least) is to expose Dr. Doom on camera (via using those nanites in their favor for once) to the People of Wakanda, so they can step up and help the Royals.  Frankly I am surprised the people have not got involved yet - I thought they love T'Challa (at least).  But then again its only been 2 issues so Maberry may get into that a little later.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 07:14:33 pm »
In T'Challa We Trust.  :)
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 07:20:10 pm »
Only some love T'challa.  Remember one of the reasons for the DM is to provide unity among diverse tribes, some who deeply oppose the BP and their religion. 

Plus, BP's constant attachment to US, including marrying an American, is a sore point with many.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 09:01:54 pm »
Oh man, does this mean both T'Challa and Doom will vanish in a mysterious explosion when this is over?
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2010, 04:29:39 pm »
Only some love T'challa.  Remember one of the reasons for the DM is to provide unity among diverse tribes, some who deeply oppose the BP and their religion. 

Plus, BP's constant attachment to US, including marrying an American, is a sore point with many.

But T'challa was not the only person to have Dora's.
Azzari is shown with them in CW issue, with Namor.

The Dora's regardless of tribe seem to all be following T'challa. As Aneka says, the is their King.

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2010, 05:05:58 pm »
It would be kinda interesting to see a mini on The Orgin of The Dora Miljae ;D
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence

Offline Blitz

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2010, 12:48:08 pm »
Below are a few updates and teasers quoted from Maberry:

Couple of quick updates and then I have to bury myself for a looooong day of writing (I have anotther novel deadline looming).

The Midnight Angels have been moved to DoomWar #5 to coincide with another major player entering the story.

I just saw the cover art for DoomWar #5. Holy #^%@! This is exactly what I had in mind since I first came up with this storyline.

--JM

(Those who may not know the Midnight Angels are an elite wetworks unit within the Dora Milaje and T'Challa has designed some customized armor for them)

Funny you should ask about T'Challa's intellect. In DoomWar he's pioneered a brand new field of science: Shadow Physics. Very powerful, very dangerous. Even Reed will try to warn him off from opening the Nowhere Room. (Cue maniacal laughter).

--JM

Another possibility is that it's somehow tied to the darkness T'Challa explored while enhancing his powers.

(Cue more maniacal laughter).

--JM

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 06:38:53 pm »
While reading the issue again I was able to see a panel which Eaton wrote a phrase below Flea's monitor which has a face shot of Dora Milage. 

"Scary Hot Chicks" 

Who else caught this? 

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 08:40:10 pm »
I caught that, and I wonder what was on his Private Cam with the tape on it ::)
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2010, 12:08:54 pm »
Just read No. 2 and wow.  It was definitely a heart-pumping, edge-of-your-seat type of read for me.  Seriously every time I turned the page I was holding my breath.  Loved the 'Scary hot chick' cam...maybe the secret cam is for the Midnight Angels? (Does T'Challa know/is in contact with Flea(Is it actually the guy from Red Hot Chili Peppers?)) It almost looks like Doom straight up wrapped some steel around Storms' mouth and hands.  On the purity lock, emperor had a good idea about T'Challa's love for Ororo but maybe it was his love for Wakanda?  He does choose Wakanda over her after all.  Before you made that point I was originally thinking "Only through Purity, Unencumbered by Pretense, May you Pass" meant Doom would have to remove all of his armor to get through the gate.  Maybe it has some sort of DNA lock or something that wouldn't work without a 'pure' Doom?

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2010, 06:45:09 pm »
My issue arrives tomorrow and I am looking forward to it. I'm actually feeling optimistic about the book
s or least characters future.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2010, 07:32:07 pm »
It was a good issue. It was epic and violent. I have some serious issues with T'Challa standing there waiting for my girl to get shot in the head >:( I get it, he's a bastard.  I hope some of the DM's survive.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2010, 06:37:08 am »
Why does everyone think 'Purity' is the key word to opening the last vibranium vault?

What?  ...just because Dr. Doom says so?

Offline Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2010, 08:40:19 am »
Why does everyone think 'Purity' is the key word to opening the last vibranium vault?

What?  ...just because Dr. Doom says so?

I think that's what the vault said   :o
"You're gonna go out, and look, for, a job. The word today is...'job'. Jay Oh Bee...y'hear me?"

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2010, 05:33:51 pm »
"The Midnight Angels"? I love it! And another major player entering the fray? Deadpool is in it before this...Namor? I know he wasn't supposed to be in it at first but obviously there is some re-writing going on...