Author Topic: ACTOR NEEDS ADVICE  (Read 4163 times)

Offline wildnineent

• Wild Nine Ent
    • View Profile
ACTOR NEEDS ADVICE
« on: March 20, 2010, 08:20:27 pm »
Hey I'm Kenneth Wilder and I'm new to this site, I'm a huge fan of Hudlins Works and greatly influenced by what he's done. Just have a question. I been acting since 5th grade and i'm now 23, I have been in about 3 Plays, and obtained a certification in communication broadcasting. I want to get in the film industry (acting) but I want to know what EXACTLY needs to be done. Do I need a Agent,resume,etc. Let me know something people thanks!
" A Dog That Chases His Tail...Will be Busy"

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: ACTOR NEEDS ADVICE
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 09:58:21 am »
as the resident actor, (imdb: Arvell Poe) let me be the first to welcome you to The HEF!
You are now an official HEFfa!

Because you have some experience, the best thing i can suggest is to continue padding your resume with acting work: school & church plays, independent movies, etc.

You have to make sure you have a decent looking resume (and headshot) b4 an agent will consider you.
sometimes they will snag you based on a unique look u possess or if they need more ppl like you (ie: short, old black male).
last but not least, it comes down to who u know.

feel free to pm me if u have more questions.

again, welcome 2 the HEF!
 ;D

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline wildnineent

• Wild Nine Ent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 08:09:09 pm »
ok bro thanks i'll do that...
i'm loving this site

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 09:31:29 am »
ok bro thanks i'll do that...
i'm loving this site

oh most definitely...the HEF is the place to be.
as long as you act right, treat all these good ppl with respect, you'll be down 4 life.

holla at me, pm me, whatever...if u have any more comments or questions.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline wildnineent

• Wild Nine Ent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 12:11:42 pm »
most def..mama aint raise no fool
i haven't been on a forum since mastaace.com
here i couldn't resist

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 08:12:58 pm »
This thread should be moved to the actor's section.

And I'll put my 2 cents in tomorrow!

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 05:21:15 pm »
One of the reasons I like TV because so many actors in that medium are there to get the job done.  Don't need a lot of drama, they can deliver the good with speed and quality.  So that's the first thing I look for in an audition;  do you have chops?

Second of all, especially with black material, is flavor.  Often the training of an actor stomps the flavor out of them; or they never had it.  Love craft and flavor in combination.

Offline voodoochild

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 05:36:49 pm »
One of the reasons I like TV because so many actors in that medium are there to get the job done.  Don't need a lot of drama, they can deliver the good with speed and quality.  So that's the first thing I look for in an audition;  do you have chops?

Second of all, especially with black material, is flavor.  Often the training of an actor stomps the flavor out of them; or they never had it.  Love craft and flavor in combination.

Define flavor.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 10:27:10 pm »

Define flavor.
Authentic black flavor, from whatever generation or region.  You can be southern soul man, you can be Brooklyn hype man, you can be St. Louis young mother, you can be LA hot chick.  But I want to feel and believe you if you're giving it to me.

Offline voodoochild

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 09:55:27 am »

Define flavor.
Authentic black flavor, from whatever generation or region.  You can be southern soul man, you can be Brooklyn hype man, you can be St. Louis young mother, you can be LA hot chick.  But I want to feel and believe you if you're giving it to me.

OK, got it.  Good to know.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 06:16:49 am »

Define flavor.

i feel you on that, too, Reggie Reg.
I've seen a lot of flavor-less robots come out of a few acting classes.

Offline wildnineent

• Wild Nine Ent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 01:00:05 pm »
that was really helpful advice Mr.Reg..i'll consider that when i'm standin in line at one of your auditions ;)