Author Topic: IS BI-PARTISAN SUPPORT SACROSANCT? by David Evans  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
IS BI-PARTISAN SUPPORT SACROSANCT? by David Evans
« on: March 24, 2010, 05:25:19 am »
There has been much condemnation of the absence of bi-partisan support for President Obama’s health-care legislation which was approved by the House of Representatives Sunday night and signed into law by the President today (3/23/10).  The implication is that bi-partisan support is sacrosanct and somehow bestows virtue upon the legislation under consideration.  Wait a minute!!  Let us remember that there was a bi-partisan minority that voted against the Civil Rights Bill (H. R. 7152) of 1964 which outlawed Jim Crow in our country.

Republican Senators Tower (TX), Goldwater (AZ), Hickenlooper (IA), Mechem (NM), Milward Simpson (WY) and Colton (NH) voted along with Southern Democrats to maintain a form of apartheid in the United States.  What was so virtuous about that bi-partisan effort?

Incidentally, the “Civil War Amendments” (the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments to the U. S. Constitution) that abolished slavery, offered citizenship to African Americans and gave black men the right to vote, had essentially no bi-partisan support.  They were primarily the handiwork of Radical Republicans.

To those who would condemn President Obama’s health-care legislation because it lacked bi-partisan support and those who denounced the Civil War Amendments for the same reasons 145 years ago, I quote from an old blues song to describe my appreciation for goodness, despite its source and popularity:

“Some like it hot, some like it cold;
I’ll take it any way it’s sold!”

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: IS BI-PARTISAN SUPPORT SACROSANCT? by David Evans
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 07:55:03 am »
wow.
so very informative.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!