Author Topic: Losing Weight  (Read 6603 times)

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Friends of the JLI
Re: Losing Weight
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2012, 12:04:51 PM »
I really wanted to only weigh myself once a week so I didn't drive myself nuts, but had to do it this morning to make sure I'm on the right track. 

So far I am down 5.2 lbs in 5 days!

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2012, 02:45:44 PM »
Just started a 21 day cleanse today.
Expect to get back on track with Boot Camp that starts next week.

Just be careful on those cleanses at times it can make things worse. One time my broker flat out collasped on the floor.

Thank you, Bmore.
I will be careful.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2012, 02:47:58 PM »
I really wanted to only weigh myself once a week so I didn't drive myself nuts, but had to do it this morning to make sure I'm on the right track. 

So far I am down 5.2 lbs in 5 days!

Hmmmmmmm......that seems a bit drastic, JLI.
Be healthy, Brutha.
Do something sustainable.
Deprivation not only SUX!, but it usually backfires.
Be smart.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Exercise for People over 60
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 02:48:51 PM »
Exercise for People over 60

Begin by standing on a    comfortable surface where you have  plenty of
room at each side.

With a 5lb. potato    sack in each hand,  extend your arms straight out
from your sides, and    hold them there as long as  you can. Try to reach
a full minute, and    then relax.

Each day you'll     find that you can hold this position for just a bit
longer. After a    couple  weeks, move up to 10lb. potato sacks. Then try
50lb. potato     sacks.

Then eventually try to    get to where you can lift a 100lb. potato  sack
in each hand, and hold    your arms straight for more than a full  minute.
(I'm at this level.)

Once you feel    confident at that level,  put a potato in each sack.

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2012, 08:02:22 PM »
HEY WHAT THE f*ck?

No updates or anything? HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anywho

Right now i am still doing my 4 day routine. On Mondays ( i hate workout Mondays) and Thursdays I do 1 leg press on each leg and seat calf raises on supersets. My next superset would be leg extension and leg curls. Next I'll run for 20 mins on treadmill. HOLY sh*t by the time I'm down i can feel the juices flowing lol.

Tuesdays/Fridays
Dumbell Press/Incline Dumbell Press
Military Press/shoulder raise
bicep curl/concentration curl
pulldown/one arm dumbell row
pushdowns/one arm extension
run 20 mins

I'll admit on upper body it is a bit more intense but i don't mind
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2012, 05:38:12 AM »
Things changed as of yesterday.

Now I sneak in Hack squats but before i go any further I have a rant.

One of the things I cant stand about hitting the gym is MONDAY. Yes f*ckING MONDAY. That day is one of the most dreadful days in hitting the gym. Every male go straight to the flat bench and pretty much hog it up. If you want to do hack squats forget it, deadlifts not happening. Anything where you need a barbell to lift something.

Yesterday these clowns had the barbell doing deadlifts so i decided to get leg press out. So I noticed they were done so I got my hack squat on. I barely finished a set and they asked me "you're done"? I was like WTF yall just had it not even 4 mins ago. Do you think an empty incline bench is for u to use as you please? FOCK THAT so i took my time like i always do. When I was finished they did their thing and just left the bar with the weights on the floor and didnt put it back.

That is my second rant clowns use the weights dont put it back and just have that sh*t sit there. What makes things funny is that these gents look like they have tits with the big chests and skinny ass arms with no definition on their legs.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2012, 02:53:51 PM »
Early in the morning is the best time to hit the gym and also your body burns more throughout the day and it gives you more energy.  Another bonus is most people are not getting up at 5am to hit the gym so they cannot distract you or hog any equipment or space. 

One super food item that allows you to burn off weight and get your nutrients would be kale (it has high levels of iron, fiber, protein, omega 3, omega 6, Vitamin A, B, C, E, K and anti cancerous materials in addition to having enzymes when eaten raw).

Offline The Griot

• View Profile
    • MVmedia
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 05:15:44 AM »
I've always worked out since I was a teen, which accounts for my Herculean physique.  ;D Over the past few years though it's been off and on. I'm 52, and things don't work like they used to and hurt more than they used to. So I've changed my routine to fit my condition. I lift weights twice a week instead of three times a week, which gives me the extended recovery time I need. I'm in the process of changing my diet, not dieting, transitioning to more healthy choices by incorporating more fruits and vegetables and less meat. On the other hand, I'm not totally eliminating stuff I like completely. So far it's working. I'm walking and biking instead of running now. My knees can't take the pounding anymore. Look what y'all youngins have to look forward too!
"Happiness is dancing when the drumming is good."

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2012, 04:50:14 PM »
I've always worked out since I was a teen, which accounts for my Herculean physique.  ;D Over the past few years though it's been off and on. I'm 52, and things don't work like they used to and hurt more than they used to. So I've changed my routine to fit my condition. I lift weights twice a week instead of three times a week, which gives me the extended recovery time I need. I'm in the process of changing my diet, not dieting, transitioning to more healthy choices by incorporating more fruits and vegetables and less meat. On the other hand, I'm not totally eliminating stuff I like completely. So far it's working. I'm walking and biking instead of running now. My knees can't take the pounding anymore. Look what y'all youngins have to look forward too!

You look like you're in your mid 40's.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2012, 06:03:22 PM »

You look like you're in your mid 40's.
If that is the case that is a good thing and it shouldnt be too difficult for him to grab some "young" 40 somethings lol

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Friends of the JLI
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2012, 06:32:24 PM »
man, after initially losing 70 lbs, I've been yoyoing up and down.  Started fresh again last week and lost 5 lbs.  Let's see if I can stick with it again :)

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Friends of the JLI
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2013, 12:07:11 PM »
man, after initially losing 70 lbs, I've been yoyoing up and down.  Started fresh again last week and lost 5 lbs.  Let's see if I can stick with it again :)

For the first time since mid-2009, I am serious have getting into better shape.  I have been a monster for the last month, sticking to my diet and making sure to exercise every day.  It doesn't have to be anything crazy - a 30 minute walk at a brisk pace does it for me.  The key is just to get moving.  I'm down 24 lbs in the last 30 days and show no signs of slowing. It takes me a long time to get this locked in but once I'm in, I'm all in.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2013, 05:57:20 PM »
kudos, jesse!  :)

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Friends of the JLI
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2013, 08:18:27 PM »
kudos, jesse!  :)

Thanks!  At 31.4 lbs now  ;D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 05:03:03 AM by JLI Jesse »

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Friends of the JLI
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2013, 02:26:41 PM »