Author Topic: BLASTER KNUCKLE (classic manga with a *SURPRISE* black lead in it)  (Read 3703 times)

Offline Afro Samurai

• THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!!!!
    • View Profile
BLASTER KNUCKLE:

Summary

Take yourself back to the 1880s where the KKK is thriving and the African American community lives in fear. The African Americans don't fear the KKK simply because they beat, rape, and kill them. No. They fear the KKK because the KKK eats them. They are the aptly named man-eaters, a kind of mix between werewolves and vampires. They consume human flesh, can shapeshift into various forms, and are practically immortal. Only one man, an ex-heavyweight boxer named Victor Freeman, dares to stand up to them. Equipped with a small arsenal and a set of modified brass knuckles, can our hero defend his people and avenge his past? - Bakaupdates

You can read it here, since it hasn't been release offically in english (just in japan & korea).

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/blaster_knuckle/

Review:

Art: Excellent. It goes with the realistic feel & the black ppl actually look human here.

Storytelling: It short, simple with a few unexpected twists in the story. The sad thing is, it ended too soon.

Overall: It's excellent short story with a unique ass setting, that sadly ended too soon. I hope you like it as much as I did.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 08:05:25 pm by Afro Samurai »
INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLASTER KNUCKLE (classic manga with a *SURPRISE* black lead in it)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 12:33:10 pm »
Take yourself back to the 1880s where the KKK is thriving and the African American community lives in fear. The African Americans don't fear the KKK simply because they beat, rape, and kill them. No. They fear the KKK because the KKK eats them. They are the aptly named man-eaters, a kind of mix between werewolves and vampires. They consume human flesh, can shapeshift into various forms, and are practically immortal.

:o WHAT THE.....!?!

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
Re: BLASTER KNUCKLE (classic manga with a *SURPRISE* black lead in it)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 09:27:37 am »
yeah, i heard about this manga a while ago. I hope Viz or CMX or some other american manga publisher would pick it up soon or a later.