Author Topic: Black Panther core cast member in "The Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon  (Read 10315 times)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Christopher Yost  :  There's some new 'Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes' animated art floating around out there on the interweb. 7 of the 8 members revealed!

http://www.animatedsuperheroes.com/labels/2011%20Avengers%20Earth%27s%20Mightiest%20Heroes.html

http://twitter.com/yost/statuses/8687684389

"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes," the animated series set to debut this fall. The team's roster includes Captain America, Thor, Ant-Man, Wasp, Hulk and Black Panther, with Iron Man serving as the leader.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=25819
Pull List

Offline Afro Samurai

• THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!!!!
    • View Profile
I hope Keith David voice BP again.
INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Pull List

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Teen Ironman and the Wolverine/X Men series, both which I like, aside seems to me DC has still got Marvel beat in animation, the new Young Justice series looks more interesting to me...

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
For the past 20 or so years, DC's worst animated projects are better than Marvel's best. Yeah, that's some hyperbole, but it makes the point. (Not including BP in this because I really haven't seen enuff BP to make a fair assessment.)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
it seems like DC's modern (90's forward) animated projects so far have had more flexibility in terms of the creative personnel determining story content/direction, less rigid interference from the Standards & Practices departments at the networks the shows have originally aired on.  So cops and crooks use 'real' guns in the Batman and Superman shows, whereas 'everyone' with a gun in Marvel shows from cops to bargain-basement thugs has some kind of laser pistol..  Fisticuffs are depicted in Batman and Superman, but largely avoided in Spider-Man..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
For the past 20 or so years, DC's worst animated projects are better than Marvel's best. Yeah, that's some hyperbole, but it makes the point. (Not including BP in this because I really haven't seen enuff BP to make a fair assessment.)

I don't agree. While DC pretty much owns Marvel here. DC worst is not better then Marvel best (like Hulk vs.) which was pretty much on par with some of there better stuff.

The plans I see from Marvel, should make DC worry a bit.

The Animes by Madhouse (Hulk vs.) by Warren Ellis.
X-men,Ironman,Wolverine and Blade.

Madhouse is also doing the Marvel Knight toon (I think) thats suppose to be adult themed.
You have this series, which recieved rave reviews for the first two epis.

The gap is closing...with Disney animation, Pixar and Madhouse helping along the way. Marvel stuff is just going to keep getting better.

D.C has Mcduffie though. So that will always put them over the top for me.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

I haven't seen The Brave and The Bold yet, but I loved Spectacular Spider Man.

Marvel's cartoons never seem to stay on the air very long even when they are well recieved. Like Woverine and the X-Men.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
ok then here is a pondering question. Name one of the "worst" Dc animated shows from the 90s to present where it isnt as good as a Marvel animated show.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline voodoochild

• View Profile

I don't agree. While DC pretty much owns Marvel here. DC worst is not better then Marvel best (like Hulk vs.) which was pretty much on par with some of there better stuff.

Madhouse is also doing the Marvel Knight toon (I think) thats suppose to be adult themed.

The gap is closing...with Disney animation, Pixar and Madhouse helping along the way. Marvel stuff is just going to keep getting better.

I agree with you on the new Pixar factor as far as Marvel is concerned.  Maybe we'll eventually see some Pixar level animation from Marvel...one day...hopefully.  ;D  However, that anime sh*t does nothing for me and I don't think they're going to make much noise for the company.

Like, WTF is this supposed to be?   ???  :D

The adaptations are too far removed from the original properties, I think, to attract the kind of attention Marvel needs to compete with what DC is doing.  They seem to be too willing to water their characters down for the preteen audiences...

or jump on every new animation trend out there.

DC, for the most part, keeps their animated adaptations pretty faithful to the source, style and story wise.  I think that's what puts them over.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Pixier adn the new stuff may close the gap, but until it's actually produced, who can say.  Yeah, there are some good Marvel Animations and as I said, my statement was "Hyperbole" and thus not meant to be taken as a literal.

I agree with you on the new Pixar factor as far as Marvel is concerned.  Maybe we'll eventually see some Pixar level animation from Marvel...one day...hopefully.  ;D  However, that anime sh*t does nothing for me and I don't think they're going to make much noise for the company.

Like, WTF is this supposed to be?   ???  :D

The adaptations are too far removed from the original properties, I think, to attract the kind of attention Marvel needs to compete with what DC is doing.  They seem to be too willing to water their characters down for the preteen audiences...

or jump on every new animation trend out there.

DC, for the most part, keeps their animated adaptations pretty faithful to the source, style and story wise.  I think that's what puts them over.

well, except for the hugely popular Teen Titans series that looked nothing like the comic book versions and then came the last Batman series that also didn't look like the comic book with reinterpretations of nearly every villain, especially the Joker.  And Brave the Bold doesn't look anything like Batman's comic either.

But yeah.  I do think that in general that's true.

Offline voodoochild

• View Profile

well, except for the hugely popular Teen Titans series that looked nothing like the comic book versions and then came the last Batman series that also didn't look like the comic book with reinterpretations of nearly every villain, especially the Joker.  And Brave the Bold doesn't look anything like Batman's comic either.

Ya know, I had forgotten all about that The Batman series.  It never grabbed me and felt like all those 'trendy' Marvel adaptations that I hate: youth oriented, extreme reinterpretations, etc.  Plus this is the one with Batgirl and no Robin, right?  Yeah, no.
I don't like that  Brave and the Bold show either.  It's like the old 60's live action show but animated.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Ya know, I had forgotten all about that The Batman series.  It never grabbed me and felt like all those 'trendy' Marvel adaptations that I hate: youth oriented, extreme reinterpretations, etc.  Plus this is the one with Batgirl and no Robin, right?  Yeah, no.
I don't like that  Brave and the Bold show either.  It's like the old 60's live action show but animated.

Robin was added a lil bit after Batgirl, but Batman him his partner before Batgirl. Batgirl at 1st kind of just team up with him (Batman) without him saying yes & etc to her being his partner, but at some point she did join the team/become his partner ..
Pull List

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I think the reason Batgirl came first was the Teen Titans cartoon.  The second TT ended, Robin showed up on Batman.  So, I suspect there was some licensing issue that got in the way of Robin on Batman until TT ended.

Originally I also didn't care for that run of Batman, but by the 2nd season I liked it.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Pull List