Author Topic: EXODUS  (Read 1331 times)

Online Gessela

• View Profile
    • Gessela Studios
Re: EXODUS
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2020, 06:25:18 am »
@Ezyo
Thanks, if I get around to a V2, I'll take a ground up approach to make more unique.
ግሥላ = Panther

Online Gessela

• View Profile
    • Gessela Studios
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2020, 11:14:04 am »

Outside of the Royal Guest Apartments

Monica: “It’s great to be home T’Challa, Jericho sends his greetings”.
T’Challa: “I’m pleased to have you back in Wakanda Monica, but I need to commune with the Goddess now”.
Monica: “She hears you, I will relay her response”.

T’Challa: “The dialog must be clear, the exchange pure”.
Monica: “She’s with me always now, speak freely and my voice will be hers”.

T’Challa: “Monica, this is what Dr. Drumm’s tutelage was for, summon her please”.
Monica: “Since you deem it necessary”… “Let’s do this”.

Monica: “Bast, by the searing sight of Sekhmet come forth into the light”.

BAST: “I am here my champion”.
T’Challa: “Goddess”.
BAST: “This is a resilient vessel you two have elected for me”.
T’Challa: “The choice was solely Monica’s”.
BAST: “A decision you seem uneasy with”.
T’Challa: “Forgive me goddess but I must”-
BAST: “The prophecy”.

T’Challa: “The prophecy states that after a period of ten thousand years, the sphinx would turn her gaze from the land, and toward the stars”. “The shielding king would bring Wakanda out of the shadows, and a prophet redeemed, would shepherd her people into the light”.
BAST: “I’m vaguely familiar with this legend”.
T’Challa: “No longer legend Goddess, I’ve discovered and translated the Stela stating this very thing”.
BAST: “Then clearly you are the king that revealed Wakanda to the world”.
T’Challa: “And Bast is the Sphinx”.

BAST: “Thus one of great strength will soon come”.
T’Challa: “I have SSS in the sphere, there’s been a man proselytizing about his pilgrimage to Wakanda in an attempt to recruit followers from the diaspora”.
BAST: “Who is this human that’s been sheltered from my gaze”?
T’Challa: “His name is”…

T’Challa: “Moses”.

Enjoy your weekend folk.
ግሥላ = Panther

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2020, 01:09:49 pm »
Bast doesn't know about a proficy related to Wakanda, but Tchalla does?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 05:42:39 pm by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2020, 05:37:56 pm »
Monica added in? As in spectrum? Or Lynn? Sorry o was a little confused.

Otherwise this is shaping up great. TChalla with the goatee looks cool

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2020, 07:02:00 pm »
As always my brother Gessela, the art is BEAUTIFUL. The story is compelling and full of surprises. I was very pleasantly surprised at your inclusion and innovative use of Monica...because I'm not a fan of her [ at least in her Old Skool interpretation ] having anything significant to do with Wakanda or T'Challa. I'm also liking the oblique inclusion of Dr. Voodoo, but I can't see why specifically Jericho Drumm and Monica were used, when Mendinao, shady Zawaviri, the ENTIRE Panther religion and its priests, etc.

I very much liked the direct inclusion of and reference to Sekhmet, as Sekhmet's preceding Bast and very important relationship to Bast is vitally important from both a historical and religious perspective.

These are good questions:

Bast doesn't know about a proficy related to Wakanda, but Tchalla does?

Monica added in? As in spectrum? Or Lynn? Sorry o was a little confused.

I was thinking this was Monica Lynn at first, but clearly Rambeau is the correct interpretation [ the mentioning of Jericho should have cinched that for me; forgive me, I haven't had enough rest and have worked every day for a month, and the way things are going in my part...the LBC...of Cali? This schedule will last for the rest of the year easily ]. My curiosity as to why Monica [ Rambeau OR Lynn ]. I wonder why our beautiful sister Monica would be in this position instead of a native Wakandan? I look forward to the answer to this riddle.

Otherwise this is shaping up great. TChalla with the goatee looks cool

It really IS. Good job! And it's good to see CJP T'Challa with the goatee again...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Online Gessela

• View Profile
    • Gessela Studios
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2020, 06:43:56 am »
@CvilleWakandan, Ezyo, and Supreme Illuminati

In my view Bast is not omnipotent, and even though here essence is ever-present in Wakanda, she hasn’t been. On top of that there’re other forces in play.

Monica Lynne, the ensemble and hair are an homage to McGregor & Graham’s in the ‘Epic Collection Panther’s Rage’ pages 210 and 211.

Monica is honorary Wankandan at the point is this version and she volunteered to be the vessel, but the decision to use an outsider as her tutor was T'Challa's.
If you were in his position what would compel you to use a trusted but non-Wakandan mystic?

I appreciate the participation.
ግሥላ = Panther

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2020, 02:16:10 pm »

In my view Bast is not omnipotent, and even though here essence is ever-present in Wakanda, she hasn’t been. On top of that there’re other forces in play.

I completely agree that Bast isn't omnipotent...if such an argument could be made for anyone in their pantheon, I think that entity would be Ptah the Creator, followed by Nut the Hill and/or Atum...then Ausar, Ausette and Osheru, etc. But this is the first time to my knowledge that the notion that Bast Herself has NOT been ever-present in Wakanda. Very interesting idea. I think the discussion regarding whether or not Bast predates Wakanda is an INTERESTING thing...because Wakanda itself has an undefined history, due to its status as most ancient AND most mysterious of human civilizations on Earth. Is Wakanda inclusive of the history of Kush, Kemet, Ptah-Seti and Ptahmerrian like it probably was after RH put in work on Wakanda? My version of Wakanda follows the combo of RH WAKANDA and CJP WAKANDA, and therefore it IS a combo of the foregoing and

Monica Lynne, the ensemble and hair are an homage to McGregor & Graham’s in the ‘Epic Collection Panther’s Rage’ pages 210 and 211.

I absolutely and completely missed that ensemble! It's incredibly beautiful and timeless. Panther's Rage was in the 1970's, right? Fifty years later, it's still hot fiya!!

Monica is honorary Wankandan at the point is this version and she volunteered to be the vessel, but the decision to use an outsider as her tutor was T'Challa's.

I am cool with that decision. It's your story, and your story is dope. I'm just entirely puzzled by the metalogic of this process. Even if Monica Lynn is honorary Wakandan? She's still HONORARY Wakandan. Why not use an actual born and bred native Wakandan for such an honor...a native Wakandan born from a line of Wakandans who served in similar functions, and was groomed for such work since birth?

Maybe because such a Wakandan has zero off top name rec [ recognition ], whereas Monica Lynn not only has the name rec and deep history with T'Challa, but is in deep need of top to bottom restructuring as a character in order to be of value to the BP franchise. I still think that CJP's foundational use of Monica added to RH's restructuring her as a successful big time singer of real grown folks' music [ who for some reason called to my mind Anita Baker ] is the way to go. But what do I know? I still think that T'Choro is the hot fiya, too.

If you were in his position what would compel you to use a trusted but non-Wakandan mystic?

It would take an issue of serious serious national and/or spiritual security for me to see T'Challa trusting any non-Wakandan with such a task; imo pretty much nothing else could justify such an act. Remember that Mendinao's whole squad rocks with exactly that kind of work, as part of the crucial two-step to creating The Heart Shaped Herb Poultice. Even if Mendinao's people didn't do so? We still have the entire Panther/Bast Religion AND shady Zawaviri. There are literally hundreds of far better options built into the fabric of Wakandan society than choosing a nonWakandan mystic...unless for some reason that particular Wakandan fabric was somehow compromised.

Well...now that I put my creative cap on...I think that there might be another explanation which might cast some...ahem, ahem...ILLUMINATION on a still mysterious and shady subject. Remember that the ORIGINAL Panther God was a MALE. Not female. And he was always referred to as The Panther God. No specific name; always the reference to his TITLE. What if Monica is a vessel...one of several... for this entity? This specific entity has not only empowered T'Challa TWICE...during most of T'Challa's pre-CJP history, and once again during Maberry's run while T'Challa was rockin the mystic sigils and runes on his flesh...but this same entity empowered a completely different, perhaps nonWakandan Afrikan male during Peter B. Gowan's CRY THE ACCURSED COUNTRY miniseries.

What if T'Challa is reaching out to THIS entity? Remember that Bast had a consort in the literally almighty Ptah, who gave her a son in the incredibly powerful Maahes. I'm not a fan of including stuff that was probably more influenced by the Greeks as they dilute our Afrikan essence, but given the state of affairs of your engrossing story, Gessela? It makes sense to include this part of ancient history as wholly Afrikan instead of mostly Afrikan and use the pairing of Ptah and Bast as the historically sound basis for the decidedly male TPG, who is distinctly different and more feral than Bast.

I've actually done something somewhat similar in my fanfiction. If you notice, the powers granted by TPG actually are different than the powers granted by Bast. Imo the powers granted by TPG are more primal and associated with panthers. T'Challa's affinity for and with panthers specifically. His pantherine feralness which led to two distinct depictions of T'Challa back in the day: when T'Challa rocked beautiful mysterious distinctly feline cat eyes with the vertical pupils and again when the whites of his eyes were turned a potent green in a later iteration.

The abilities, presence and proclivities of T'Challa in early Marvel canon were more in keeping with TPG...even though now we know that almost all of these abilities are actually abilities stemming from T'Challa himself, not TPG and T'Challa was playing us all to the left regarding his ACTUAL abilities...because we don't know what his actual abilities are. And we don't know for sure what abilities were granted to him by TPG, and what differences besides KING OF THE DEAD are actually granted him by Bast as opposed to TPG.

The legendary and often remarked upon intensity of his gaze, the gift incredible pantherine grace, agility, speed, acrobatic ability, his unmatched stealth and quickness which let him match and even overmatch both Spider-Man AND Beast, his affinity for shadow and hiding, his incredible hunting prowess which let him match and overmatch Kraven the Hunter and in my fanfic allowed him to go toe to toe with the incredible Greek goddess of the Hunt Artemis Herself, the Greek variant of Bast, twin sister of Apollo, half sister of Hercules. His ability to see beings in transit even while teleporting as displayed in previous Marvel canon, his ability to see astral and other non-Prime Material Plane/Earth 616 beings without the aid of special tech or incantations. His very clearly displayed accelerated healing ability [ remember that with Don McGregor T'Challa spent alot of his "action" sequences running and leaping from place to place while bleeding, yet at some point in the action he simply stopped bleeding and was recovered enough to continually engage in battle superhuman or the equivalent of superhuman foes during this entire time he was running around, leaping, performing amazing acrobatics and philosophying ] and more are actually abilities of his own. His incredible willpower making him nearly impossible to mentally and/or spiritually conquer, his hyper genius, his warrior skills and much more? These are skills and abilities he would have whether or not TPG or Bast showed him favor. These are gifts granted to him by the amazing civilization of Wakanda itself.

Which gives us plenty of compelling room to actually ponder, apply, and if necessary create the powers that he is gifted by TPG and/or Bast. Would communing with the spirits of previous Panthers be something granted him by TPG and/or Bast? There's a powerful argument both for and against such a thing. I would explore the notion that both are true simultaneously; that without either the help of TPG or Bast, T'Challa could contact The Ancestral Plane as a rite and skill he learned from his studies in Wakanda. However, how long he could remain there...how many of his ancestors he could contact at the same time...how much information he could glean from such contact? All that would be regulated by how much favor he has with TPG and/or Bast. Furthermore, accessing this ancestral ability in The Panther Pavilion provides T'Challa far more additional protections and options than he would have outside of The Panther Pavilion. Inside the Panther Pavilion...and ONLY inside there...could T'Challa operate as if he had most of or the full blessing of TPG and/or Bast.

The aforementioned reality could also mean that Wakanda is the actual source of or the first expression of what is now called Bubastis, the ancient Ptahmerrian/Kemetic so-called City of Cats. That ancient root would explain the ever ubiquitous cat imagery and feline fetish that is so pronounced that it's MU canon for and in Wakanda.

We appreciate your work, big G!!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2020, 06:50:35 pm »

I appreciate the throw back. And I like what you are doing with bast. It's very cool how there are things she doesn't know that gives TChalla this sense of influence and being seen as a true champion and having the relationship beneficial for both of them because they both can learn from the other

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2020, 03:42:21 am »

I appreciate the throw back. And I like what you are doing with bast. It's very cool how there are things she doesn't know that gives TChalla this sense of influence and being seen as a true champion and having the relationship beneficial for both of them because they both can learn from the other

And I can see and respect that above, bruthas. Good points made.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2020, 09:01:14 am »
Another excellent installment Gessela. Your concise prose weave seemlessly with your deft graphics rendering a unique, almost quiet, atmospheric quality. While I look forward to T'Challa in his king's habit facing off against Moses Magnum I think T'challa out of costume haircut should be tighter, lacking the frizzyness.

As a complete work this will look and read well.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Online Gessela

• View Profile
    • Gessela Studios
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2020, 02:25:04 pm »
Training Room
SD/session duration: 1 minute. ES/effective strikes: 30.

T’Challa: “Bot directive”. “Charge Fisty’s hand to max power”.

T’Challa: “Increase Wulvie’s aggression by 25%, bump his speed by 15”.

AI Orb: “Message from Princess Shuri”.

T’Challa: “Play”.
Shuri: “Challa, the triple S have recorded Magnum recruiting in Saint Ann's Bay”. “We’ve got some interesting footage”.
T’Challa: “Record”. “Khaibt Iholo [Shadow Hall], in 10 minutes”. “Send to Shuri and Monica Lynne”.
AI Orb: “Sent”. “Received”.

AI Orb: “Session concluding, awaiting instructions”.

T’Challa: “Session directive”. “Compile martial flow patterns, respiratory frequency and motion perception data from my mask.” “Relay information to the nutritionist, bounce report back to my station".

T’Challa: “Upload all updated profiles on Moses Magnum into a bot, then prepare more sessions”.

ግሥላ = Panther

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2020, 08:24:43 am »
I like this. An excellent display of martial prowess and beautiful artwork. I also like how you implemented TChalla fighting whole talking to shuri and giving directives. That is exactly how TChalla would be operating

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2020, 09:05:41 am »
Nice!  :)

Online Gessela

• View Profile
    • Gessela Studios
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2020, 07:19:49 am »
I must big-up the creative team on Black Panther’s Quest episode 14, ‘Vibranium Curtain pt. 1’, because the opening training scene was fresh on my mind while working on the last posted sequence of images.
ግሥላ = Panther

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2020, 06:31:19 pm »
The training mask; fluidity in movement and discourse; a defeating nod to Wolverine and Iron Fist, AI Orb; multi imaging. A beautifully, well executed BP read Gessela.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more