Author Topic: First look at Steve Epting art from New Avengers #1!  (Read 8075 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: First look at Steve Epting art from New Avengers #1!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 08:18:06 pm »
I thought it might be portals opening into alternate reality versions of Wakanda.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 09:06:14 pm »
Also New Universal is going to show up!!!
Look at T'challa's hand in that scan also. 

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 09:36:47 am »
Follow up; I like Epting's worked.  I loved hiss stuff when he drew the Avengers the last time.  But I do know I was in the minority.  A lot of people didn't like his stuff and that was not a high sales time for the Avengers.  Hopefully history doesn't repeat.

And he did draw Black Panther and Wakanda and the Coal Tiger during that time.

Are you referring to the "Collector's Obsession" arc or whatever it was called in the 1990's? I agree, I loved Epting's rendition of Black Panther during those issues. I have to look for those issues, I know they are in my apartment somewhere.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 10:19:18 am »

I missed New Universal...good lookin out, Seven!!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Blitz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 03:12:03 pm »

I noticed the hand, but thought maybe T'Challa is using Shadow Physics or something. 

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the New Universal and what you think the significance of T'Challa's glowing hand may be?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 03:16:44 pm »
That cover is straight fire.

And which of these guys did NOT get punked my Hulk in WWH?   ;D

Black Bolt; the one Hulk beat was a Skrull and either Hulk or more likely one of his men beat BP and put a slave disk on him.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 06:08:51 pm »

I noticed the hand, but thought maybe T'Challa is using Shadow Physics or something. 

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the New Universal and what you think the significance of T'Challa's glowing hand may be?

I don't think we are going to see Shadow Physics like that...early on. Doomwar was canned by fans...and Hickman made a remark about how fans talk about things from Doomwar, yet trashed it.

New Universal like characters are going to show up apparently, there is a new Nightmask (who looks black) and there was a image shown of the Star brand symbol on a monitor Stark was looking at. I'm guessing this version of New Universal is attacking our 616 earth or something.   

Offline Blitz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 06:22:44 pm »

I don't think we are going to see Shadow Physics like that...early on. Doomwar was canned by fans...and Hickman made a remark about how fans talk about things from Doomwar, yet trashed it.

New Universal like characters are going to show up apparently, there is a new Nightmask (who looks black) and there was a image shown of the Star brand symbol on a monitor Stark was looking at. I'm guessing this version of New Universal is attacking our 616 earth or something.

Thanks for the reply....BTW, what to you think T'Challa's glowing hand is all about?

http://i.newsarama.com/images/newavengers1-3.jpg
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 06:36:18 pm by Blitz »

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2012, 09:28:06 pm »

Thanks for the reply....BTW, what to you think T'Challa's glowing hand is all about?

no clue...but I hope it's something spectacular. That's something that has been lacking. I was thinking it was become of the portal, but maybe it's his upgrade? I'm more interested in seeing if he can bullet time that sniper!!! :D

And unrelated...the New Captain Universe is a sista!

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, 09:37:36 pm »

Possible new love interest for T'Challa?

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2012, 09:48:45 pm »

Possible new love interest for T'Challa?

I don't know...but she's a Avenger.

I think that Nightmask is a brother too, maybe. Then there is still the 616 Justice, Cypher and Star brand characters...who I think will join or oppose the Avengers. In the Avengers #7 scan, Nightmask is standing next to Captain Universe, on there way to the new Star Brand.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 03:53:07 pm »

HOLY CRAP!!

no clue...but I hope it's something spectacular. That's something that has been lacking. I was thinking it was become of the portal, but maybe it's his upgrade? I'm more interested in seeing if he can bullet time that sniper!!! :D

I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw