Author Topic: Reginald Hudlin LIVE IN LA this Saturday...paying tribute to Bruce Lee!  (Read 5337 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
(Los Angeles) As difficult as it may be to believe, the legendary Bruce Lee, would have turned 70 years old this year. And while it may -- or perhaps not -- be difficult to imagine him as a septuagenarian still beating down bad guys, what can't be denied is decades after his passing, he remains as influential as ever.

In tribute to and in celebration of the martial arts, action film and cultural icon, the 2010 Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival, in association with his widow, Linda Lee Cadwell and daughter Shannon Lee and their Bruce Lee Enterprises, are organizing a Special Bruce Lee Program at this year's festival beginning sundown Friday, April 30 at the new Madang Center Courtyard in Los Angeles’ Koreatown with a free screening and other events throughout the weekend.

The Bruce Lee celebration kicks off with a free outdoor screening of THE CHINESE CONNECTION and after party on Friday, April 30 and continues the following day at noon with a special screening of ENTER THE DRAGON followed immediately by a panel discussion entitled, “How Bruce Lee Influenced Pop Culture” featuring daughter Shannon, directors Reginald Hudlin (HOUSE PARTY, THE BOONDOCKS) and Brett Ratner (RUSH HOUR, X-MEN 3: THE LAST STAND), ENTER THE DRAGON co-star Bob Wall and musician Joseph Hahn from the rock band LINKIN PARK.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I DEMAND that there is extensive footage of the event posted here.

P.S. Tell FLEX HECTIC to come back to the HEF if you see him there. 8)

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Given the strained relationship that sometimes exists between Blacks and Asians, the love for Bruce Lee in our community continues to grow year after year.

It is a testament to his greatness and true iconic status.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Given the strained relationship that sometimes exists between Blacks and Asians, the love for Bruce Lee in our community continues to grow year after year.

It is a testament to his greatness and true iconic status.
The need for black folks to better relationships with the Latin, Asian, East Indian and native American communities is the topic of a whole other thread.

But I'm trying to do my part.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
cool... wish I could attend that..  :)
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Afro Samurai

• THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!!!!
    • View Profile
Hudlin are you going to be doing any Bruce Lee moves??
INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Hudlin are you going to be doing any Bruce Lee moves??
You mean embarrass myself trying to imitate the master?

Offline Afro Samurai

• THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!!!!
    • View Profile
LOL, just do that "wahhhhhhhhhhh" thing & it'll be all good.
INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Saturday, 1:30pm at the Sunset 5 theatre in Los Angeles.  Me, Bob Wall, Brett Rattner and Shannon Lee.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
No live streaming for the East Coast HEFa's? 8)