Author Topic: Doomwar #4 Preview  (Read 14561 times)

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Doomwar #4 Preview
« on: April 26, 2010, 04:10:32 pm »
Newsarama has posted a 5-page preview:

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=34855

Is that 'cutting loose' enough for you?
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Doomwar #4 Preview
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 04:27:55 pm »
For Storm, that's normal; not cutting loose.  Cutting loose for Storm would have everyone else hidding behind Sue's shields while Storm takes out all of the enemy.  This is normal Storm.

HOWEVER, it looks very good.  Storm taking care of everything would be less impressive.

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 06:16:49 pm »
It looks like we finally get to see more action, as for Storm I'll wait and read before I decide whats going down with that. But I can't wait to see what happens when they get their hands on Walter Declun.
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence

Offline BBeeryan

• T'Challa's namesake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 09:38:36 am »
Newsarama has posted a 5-page preview:

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=34855

Is that 'cutting loose' enough for you?
Actually I would have to say no. Don't get me wrong, this story definitely is the sh*t. But if this Storm cutting loose then Fraction also had her cutting loose, which by the way is total bullsh*t.
The All-Goddess, Ororo Komo Wakandas, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, The Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Queen of Prophecy, Hadari Yao, The Bright Lady, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! All-Goddes be praised!

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 11:31:00 am »
See Storm has been portrayed as this regal domme with quick wits and a will of iron who is a Omega Level Mutant to boot.

So while Storm got a great deal of dialogue in Doomwar 1 and 2 she wasn't taking charge (she was a prisoner) of the situation and she wasn't overpowering everybody (because Doom and the Desturi had negated her power) either. So the Storm fans are unsatisfied and are now still complaining.

They want to see her taking charge of the situation or overpowering people or both.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 11:40:51 am »
<<VV:  They want to see her taking charge of the situation or overpowering people or both.>>

Which could still happen in issue 4 or even issue 6.

Offline BBeeryan

• T'Challa's namesake
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 12:55:53 pm »
So the Storm fans are unsatisfied and are now still complaining.
See Vic, I wouldn't have a problem with your comment if you weren't insisting I was complaining. You can keep that. Storm got me into reading Black Panther related titles. That's first and foremost, so of course I'm gonna be a lil more interested in HER character development. I voiced my opinion when I felt as though Maberry did a good job. Which I do whenever I go into a Doomwar thread. I bought two issues of every issue so far,and NOT because of Storm. The story is off the chain, and THAT happens to be what keeps me spending money. Not to mention that months before this mini hit shelves I was promised an unforgettable Storm moment. So I wasn't supposed to expect it, when i was TOLD to expect it? That's BULLsh*t!!! And come whatever day in May when I go to purchase MY next two issues of the series, if I happen to still be underwhelmed with Storm's portrayal in this story, I'll voice that too. So you can eagerly await to see if this Storm fan complains again. FOH
The All-Goddess, Ororo Komo Wakandas, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, The Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Queen of Prophecy, Hadari Yao, The Bright Lady, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! All-Goddes be praised!

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 02:10:49 pm »
See Vic, I wouldn't have a problem with your comment if you weren't insisting I was complaining. You can keep that. Storm got me into reading Black Panther related titles. That's first and foremost, so of course I'm gonna be a lil more interested in HER character development. I voiced my opinion when I felt as though Maberry did a good job. Which I do whenever I go into a Doomwar thread. I bought two issues of every issue so far,and NOT because of Storm. The story is off the chain, and THAT happens to be what keeps me spending money. Not to mention that months before this mini hit shelves I was promised an unforgettable Storm moment. So I wasn't supposed to expect it, when i was TOLD to expect it? That's BULLsh*t!!! And come whatever day in May when I go to purchase MY next two issues of the series, if I happen to still be underwhelmed with Storm's portrayal in this story, I'll voice that too. So you can eagerly await to see if this Storm fan complains again. FOH

I didn't say that you should not be complaining, I was explaining to O.P. what the issue was in the first place.

Since he sort of asked.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 07:45:46 pm »
They want to see her taking charge of the situation or overpowering people or both.

She took down those Desturi recently in issue #3. But I doubt she would be leading a force against Doom in this storyline. And what happened to the X-Men? They just left after rescuing her?
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 07:54:41 pm »

She took down those Desturi recently in issue #3. But I doubt she would be leading a force against Doom in this storyline. And what happened to the X-Men? They just left after rescuing her?
[/quote]
She's probaly not going after Doom, their going after Declun, you can't capture the king until you get his pieces off the board first. The X-men probably left, once they realized that Storm was O.K., that was their primary purpose for getting involved. As for Storm cutting loose, I remember Maberry saying something like "Storm is Nice, but what she does won't be" and "their will be blood" so who knows :-\

Offline BBeeryan

• T'Challa's namesake
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 09:54:33 am »

I didn't say that you should not be complaining, I was explaining to O.P. what the issue was in the first place.

Since he sort of asked.
I know what you said. You said the Storm fans are unsatisfied and are now still complaining. You didn't quote the OPand you didn't quote me for that matter either, but your passive-aggressive post was right after mine. In all honesty I answered the OP, you didn't. But I'll drop it. Maybe I took it the wrong way. And I apologize if I did.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 09:58:21 am »
The story is great and I love the scale of it and I am happy it is doing well. I love the fabulous fighting femmes in preview... I'm cool with seeing Storm featured, the more the better.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:53:52 pm by Princesa »

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 11:58:04 am »
This book is absofrickinlutely OFF DA FREAKIN CHAINS and I am most thoroughly loving it.Kudos,props and big shout outs to Mr.Maberry,who is MORE THAN DELIVERING on his promises...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 06:49:25 am »

Well as far as Nightcrawler goes, he died...................... :-[

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 07:14:11 pm »
In all this where are the Hatut Zeraze? surely they should have been either part of the rebellion or the rescue.