Author Topic: Shuri in Age of Heroes # 4  (Read 3319 times)

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
Shuri in Age of Heroes # 4
« on: May 18, 2010, 08:37:49 am »
Looks like Shuri finally gets some time outside the BP book in Age of Heroes # 4!!!!!!!!! :o  http://marvel.com/catalog/?id=16158
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Shuri in Age of Heroes # 4
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 12:13:20 pm »
Mmm-n, wow, fascinating...and good for the character.

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 12:19:28 pm »
I know, other than that I didn't see any solicits for a black panther anything, maybe that small story will set the tone for the next step in BP, whatever that may be....
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 12:23:48 pm »
My question is where is T'challa? ??? >:(

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 12:36:33 pm »
My question is where is T'challa? ??? >:(

That's the question but the fact there is still a continuing Panther presence is good...

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 12:39:32 pm »
Only, it seems to be being written by JM.  For a character to truly suceed, other writers need to want to write her.

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 01:12:15 pm »
For a character to truly suceed, other writers need to want to write her.

Make her White?

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 05:08:55 am »
Only, it seems to be being written by JM.  For a character to truly suceed, other writers need to want to write her.

A Black Panther (Shuri) White Tiger (Angela Del Toro) team up written by Tamora Pierce and Timothy Liebe. Me, myself and I would buy it.
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 02:49:55 pm »

A Black Panther (Shuri) White Tiger (Angela Del Toro) team up written by Tamora Pierce and Timothy Liebe. Me, myself and I would buy it.

well, that's ONE sale.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 05:15:14 pm »

well, that's ONE sale.

That's two sales :D

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 06:29:21 pm »
interesting.. I guess they'll also be updating the Steve Rogers revival story, which comes across as hokey now with the Inuit folks worshiping him until Namor shows up to wreck shop...
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 02:42:55 pm »

well, that's ONE sale.

The clever Mastrmynd saw through my clumsy ruse and deduced that "me" and "myself" would only account for the single purchase that "I" would make. Ah well. I tried.

Like most of us, I like my Black Panther of the T'Challa variety...and yet, I have learned to enjoy Shuri in that role. I haven't read the entire Maberry interview which was made available at "the other place", but I did read where he grew up in an environment which enabled him to observe white racism against black people firsthand. 

I think (I hope) Maberry respects T'Challa, Ororo, and Shuri, understands the disdain many readers comprising the larger comicbook-reading demographic have for these characters and keeps this in mind as he determines to portray these characters to their fullest potential and expand that potential. Shuri is an attractive character. I just hope Johnny Storm doesn't try that "come on baby light my fire" stuff on her. Let her sample the MU superhero community free and unencumbered.
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.