Author Topic: Captain America/Black Panther: Flag of Our Fathers #2  (Read 7536 times)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Captain America/Black Panther: Flag of Our Fathers #2
« on: April 27, 2010, 04:16:12 pm »
http://www.comicsbulletin.com/news/127116753318506.htm

Is that T'Chaka & S'yan fighting on the last page?... :D
Pull List

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Captain America/Black Panther: Flag of Our Fathers #2
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 06:14:00 pm »
http://www.comicsbulletin.com/news/127116753318506.htm

Is that T'Chaka & S'yan fighting on the last page?... :D

Sure looks like it. ;D

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Pull List

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 08:28:08 pm »

The Doras with the fros are looking fierce! I can't wait to pick this up!  :o

Online Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 04:53:01 pm »
Picked this up today. Another very good issue.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 05:24:06 pm »
Must have sold out before I even got to the store.

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 08:32:00 pm »
I picked up the last copy at my shop and just finished reading my pile for this week. This was a great read! My favorite of this week, and that includes the Hellboy Mexico one-shot!  :o

I was totally into this from beginning to the end. I loved seeing the friendship between Azari and Steve grow while everyone else is getting suspicious of Azari's acceptance of Steve. Gabe isn't a big character in this and his narrations are pretty slim, but his part in this is very interesting as he's conflicted as a proud U.S. soldier and as a proud black man who is starting to look up to the Black Panther and Wakanda as a black man's paradise.

I'm really enjoying the Nazi side of this also. I really don't like that this is only 4 issues. I find this to be a really well written issue and the battle at the gates of Wakanda was exciting as hell with the good Captain fighting side-by-side with Panther and some lovely afro-rocking Doras. Azari with those blades, whooo!

Reggie, you got my attention!

Offline Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 08:40:11 pm »

Reggie, you got my attention!

Ditto.
"You're gonna go out, and look, for, a job. The word today is...'job'. Jay Oh Bee...y'hear me?"

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 08:51:06 pm »
Thanks guys.  It's great to be writing the character again after a break, and working with Denys really fired me up.  His art inspires my writing.

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 09:11:16 pm »
Thanks guys.  It's great to be writing the character again after a break, and working with Denys really fired me up.  His art inspires my writing.

I think after seeing that battle scene, I can totally see that.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 06:44:19 am »
Stuff I liked: Nice to see that even in Wakanda brothers will still be brothers. If S’yan was the smart one that might explain a lot. Just sayin’.

It doesn’t seem that the Wakandans think all that much of the Howlers do they? ;D

Master Man and Warrior Woman are pretty tough customers and will give our heroes a rough time(the good guys are frankly outpowered now) Now Tiger-Man? That’s just messed up. But I bet the rest of the captives talked after they saw THAT.  :o

Some historical context: If this is set in ’41 America had been just fine with the Nazis and Fascist Italy before Pearl Harbor. A. Philip Randolph had been dissuaded from marching on Washington. There was also a huge Labor movement. The war brought all these disparate elements against a common enemy. This is why Black Panther/Azzri keeps taking about Cap’s personal values. Steve would have inevitably had to take sides in a post war America. Cap in a sense was lucky he slept thru it all.

The continuity fascists are going to tear their hair out trying to figure out where this story fits exactly in Cap’s history. The fact that it doesn’t really matter all that much will be utterly lost on them and will only enrage them if it is brought up. So I intend to do so elsewhere first chance I get.  ;D

I am really enjoying this stuff.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 11:49:37 am »
I put a review on CBR. I thought this was awesome. The best book I read this week easy...and easily on par with UXM crossover issue that came out this week.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 12:46:26 pm »
I really enjoyed this issue, I like there battle/action scenes.. Azzari the Wise mentoring & talks with Steve R. were great also..
Young S'Yan & T'Chaka scenes were my favorite.. I love to read a mini on young teen/young adult  S'yan, T'Chaka, Zuri, N'Yami & etc lives... The only thing didn't like was that we didn't get to see the fight of Azzari & Steve R. finish..

Also am I one who thought this was a ''younger'' N'Gassi? Also does anyone know T'Chaka & S'Yan mother name?

Pull List

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 12:58:34 pm »
great issue, really good stuff...

...I liked the nod to knowing Steve's identity via spies, touched on in the previous Panther annual..

...I wonder is Gabriel going to even get the chance to be a spy for Fury?  and if he does, would Azzari be hip to it?  Hmm..

I wonder will Gabriel get a trophy/gift by the time he and the crew leaves Wakanda?

...What are the strength levels of Master Man & Warrior Woman?  do they cast energy bolts?  Do they both fly?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 02:14:06 pm »

Yes, you're welcome ... now what about asking Marvel to get you to do a Patriot comic?

Come on Reggie, give the brother a chance at a decent comic.

"You're gonna go out, and look, for, a job. The word today is...'job'. Jay Oh Bee...y'hear me?"