Author Topic: The continuing adventures of ARVELL: The up-and-coming actor  (Read 127363 times)

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: The continuing adventures of ARVELL: The up-and-coming actor
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2007, 08:02:17 am »
Theatrical release? Now that's what I'm talking about! Result! Congrats, and I'll check out the podcast tomorrow.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2007, 09:09:46 am »
yes.
theatrical.
then DVD.
mwhahahahaha... more exposure.

to paraphrase Ice Cube, "august 1st was a good day."

yeah, let me know what you think of my show's 1st ep.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline voodoochild

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2007, 11:19:41 am »
Congrats!
Looks pretty good.  You the Brother in the trailer?

Good to see another Brother out here making progress in this beautiful struggle of ours!

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2007, 01:55:27 pm »
if you are talking about the trailer for The Other Side (www.entertheotherside.com), then no, i'm not that big black dude.  That's my boy, Poncho Hodges.  You only see me for a brief second in the trailer.

if you're talkin' about the commercial trailer for last night's episode of House of Payne that I was in, then yes... i was the dude stealing the tv.

but either way, thanks for the luv and support.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2007, 10:21:16 am »
i saw someone lookin' at my page so let me give you all an update.

This saturday, I'll be heading to my alma mater, THE University of Georgia, on Saturday, October 13th, and I'll be on my college radio station hosted my ol' skool R&B show, "Tha Playaz Picnic," from 5pm - 7pm.

You are welcome to listen to me live on the air by going to www.wuog.org

Thank you for your time.

Have a blessed day.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2007, 06:02:52 am »
awww shucks.
u can just call me Mastrmynd.

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2007, 08:07:24 pm »
Damn Mr. M! I'm SO happy for u. I wish you continued success. ;D

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2007, 08:28:49 pm »
No wonder you so easily forget people! You are kicking ass right about now~ keep up the good work!!

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2007, 06:20:02 am »
*hugz cheirel*
I haven't forgotten about you, luv.
If i would have gone to L.A. for the premiere, then we would have DEFINITELY gone to that gentlemen's club u wanted to take me to.

:D

*looks at his e-Queen*
TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

You've been missed.

As far as what is going on with me, I'm good.
Today is my 3 year wedding anniversary to my wife, Carmencita.  (She's black.  A Georgia peach)  WooHoo!  Married 3 years.  Been together 8.  :D

Acting-wise, not much.  As soon as The Other Side came out on DVD, I knew my wild ride would be over for a lil' bit.  That's cool.  I get to recharge and plan my attack for 2008.  I'm tryin' to hit it hard.  I"ve been offered a role in a movie that may either be independent or have a budget behind it.  We'll see.  And I was offered somethin' else for 2008, but I'm not at liberty to go into any details.  I don't want to ruin anything before I dot my i's and cross my t's.

Radio-wise, a couple radio stations in the ATL are hiring ... part time so I'm gonna apply and see what happens.
Until then, me and VVCRadio.com plan on taking over ATLanta and the cubicle computers across the country.
We have a deal in place to put my show, The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown in a couple movie theaters.
I'll be the voice you hear while you wait for your movie to start.  I'll play my countdown songs to a captive audiences plus give movie and theater info thru out the set.  I'll keep you posted on when that will start.

That's all for now.
If you haven't seen "Why Did I Get Married?" then do yourself a favor and go see it.  It is an excellent movie!

Also, call or write BET and see if they can get the Tyler Perry talk show on at least BET J.
hahahahhaha

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2007, 08:35:52 am »
hey all.
i saw a guest  checking out my thread so i figured I'd post somethin'.

not much has been going on since THE OTHER SIDE came out on DVD.
Please rent it and tell me what you thought.
Seriously...it's a great movie and I won't get a dime from DVD sales...hahahahah
ps: I play the cool muthasucka named Ezra.

But i digress.
I recently auditioned for ABC News' Primetime Live.  And I honestly believe that I knocked it out of the park.   ;D  I had the guy i was auditionin' for cheesing like a cheshire cat...  whenever i find out if i got or didnt get the role, i'll go into detail about it... but it was cool stuff.  I hope i get it.  That was last thursday.

Yesterday, I left work early and went to the doctor.  Pressure was high as heck.  Seriously.  I wasn't feeling well and wifey told me to check pressure. I did.  I used one of those mechanical machines and it was above normal.  I got security to check it for real...and it was above normal.  My doc was out of the country so wifey took me to the ER... i was there for a couple hours...they were monitoring my pressure and it wasn't normal....it kept fluctuating.  my bottom number should be in the low 80s but mine was in the 90s and above...  so there u have it.

i have been hella stressed out at work over bullcrap...especially last week thurs/fri and i guess it carried on over the weekend and into this week.
glad i didnt shake off the feeling and tried to ride it out... big ups to the wifey.

fellas...get yourselves checked out...if u haven't.  we gotta keep chattin' online 2gether, aiight?

*looks at sam wilson*
have YOU been to the doctor yet?  Apnea ain't no joke!

Offline Tanksleyd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2007, 02:47:40 pm »
I hope you get the part Mastyr. It's cute how you journal it on here. If I may I would like to offer the concept of reading the screen notes with the same intensity you would give to spoken lines. But that's just my two cents. I would also like to add a quarter, walk. It takes up time but walking is THEE exercise.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2007, 03:32:06 pm »
I hope you get the part Mastyr.
THANKS. MASTR OR MASTRMYND IS COOL.  I CALLED MY AGENT TODAY AND I LEARNED THAT I DIDN'T GET THE PART, BUT IT IS ALL GOOD, BECAUSE I REALLY FELT LIKE I DID A BANG UP JOB!

It's cute how you journal it on here.
YOU GUYS ARE FAMILY. IF I'M NOT WRITING ABOUT IT HERE, THEN I'M BLOGGIN' ABOUT IT ON MYSPACE.

If I may I would like to offer the concept of reading the screen notes with the same intensity you would give to spoken lines. But that's just my two cents.
THANKS FOR THE HELP... BUT YOU HAVE ME AT A LOSS.  SCREEN NOTES? DO YOU KNOW SOMETHIN' I DON'T KNOW... :)  DO WE KNOW EACH OTHER OR ARE U JUST GIVING ME ADVICE? 
WHEN YOU SAY READING THE 'SCREEN NOTES' WITH THE SAME "INTENSITY" WHAT DO YOU MEAN?  HAVE I FORSAKEN SOMEONE'S SCREEN NOTES?   :o

I would also like to add a quarter, walk. It takes up time but walking is THEE exercise.
WALK TO GET BACK HEALTHY? NOT A PROBLEM.  CONSIDER IT A DONE DEAL MY FRIEND.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2007, 04:33:05 pm »
HEY FAM!
Just in case you missed me the first time, I will be on Tyler Perry's "House of Payne" again tonight at 9pm (my 2nd episode) and 10pm EST (my 3rd episode) on TBS.

:D

I appreciate your support in advance...cuz you guys rock!

Offline Tanksleyd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2008, 06:15:33 am »
So Master how goes it in the world of auditions. I kinda want to know. So like I can say I knew you when and all that.

I was always taken with Jay Leno's theory that the ones who "made it" were the ones who didn't get 9-5 jobs. And it always saddened me that the secret of success is no secret at all it is merely a                       factor of hard work...Just so happens that most people are lazy.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I make my BET TV debut on 1/18/07!
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2008, 01:30:06 pm »
what it do family?
i'm back.
a brother has been on the grind the last few weeks, but here I am.
Another post from me.
While I'm thinkin' about it, you can catch up on what has been goin' on with me by reading my blogs at www.myspace.com/arvellpoe

Big ups to Reginald Hudlin and the BET staff for allowing me to make my BET Network debut by showing the movie "Boycott" on January 18th.  I'm excited to see myself on BET... and if you don't have the dvd, then you can too!  To find me, look for the brother sittin' in the back of the bus...you will see me as soon as the white man tells Rosa Parks to get off the bus.  I'm lookin' disgusted. I LOVED WORKING ON THAT SET!
REGGIE REG... BET NEEDS TO FIX THE COMMERCIAL. Y'ALL END THE COMMERCIAL RIGHT BEFORE I APPEAR! I'M JUST SAYIN'...

But enough about that...let's get to the updates!

1. Tank, thanks for thinkin' about me. 'Preciate it! As for your Jay Leno there, I think he's right. When you don't have the 9 to 5, it's on you to get your hustle on. Real Talk. Me?  I have the 9 to 5 while tryin' to fit in my acting and radio dreams. Not easy, but I have a wife and a cat... no 9 to 5, no insurance.
  But i'm on my grind in '08. My goal is to return to commercial radio and act.  Once I get on the air, then i'm droppin' the 9 to 5.

2. Early December, I auditioned for a Bernie Mac movie titled "Soul Men." Well, long story short, I got a callback.  They want me to come to Louisiana on monday and audition in front of the producers, directors, etc. I'm hella excited.  I will keep you posted.  Gotta drive to shreveport and back on Monday.  Should be a great adventure.

3. Well, I don't know if I'll get another shot on House of Payne because filming is coming to an end.  The House of Payne 100 episode wrap party is just around the corner and my wife and I have been invited to attend. I'm lookin' forward to that.

4.  My 32nd birthday is Jan 21st (day after the HOP cast wrap party).  Man, that gonna be a good birthday weekend.