Author Topic: The continuing adventures of ARVELL: The up-and-coming actor  (Read 163798 times)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: The continuing adventures of ARVELL: The up-and-coming actor
« Reply #255 on: February 11, 2009, 08:00:04 pm »
Check out the trailer to the last movie i finished, "Don't feed the animals."
It's fiyah!!!!

http://24hourhiphop.com/videos/Gorilla+Zoe+%22Don't+Feed+The+Animals%22+Trailer/874/

what say you?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #256 on: February 12, 2009, 12:04:33 am »
Check out the trailer to the last movie i finished, "Don't feed the animals."
It's fiyah!!!!

http://24hourhiphop.com/videos/Gorilla+Zoe+%22Don't+Feed+The+Animals%22+Trailer/874/

what say you?

Lookin good eking! One question though, was that you that got the bag over the head? That made me laugh :D

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 12, 2009, 04:28:54 am »
yes.
i was throwing some trash away and...poof!
a bag appears.
imagine that.

and why are u laffin' at me? hahahha
:D
i think i laffed too...he was happy...then...bam! bag.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #258 on: February 20, 2009, 11:21:13 pm »
Cause it was funny to see somebody finally quite you down...lol

He was happy? What! To be outside? Now that's funny :D

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 25, 2009, 09:52:59 am »
What's up fam?
  I just wanted to let you all know that i didn't book the LIFETIME movie(quite surprised) or the Ga Lotto commercial (not surprised).  Just keepin' you in the loop.
  I really wanted that LIFETIME gig and i was kinda down about it but now i'm good.
  One day this week (fingers crossed), a new episode of The Takeover will be posted. Go to www.top20takeover.vvcradio.com to see the upgrades that I've made to the site.
Leave msgs and let me know what u think.

Thanks!

Offline Cage

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 25, 2009, 10:57:44 am »
What's up fam?
  I just wanted to let you all know that i didn't book the LIFETIME movie(quite surprised) or the Ga Lotto commercial (not surprised).  Just keepin' you in the loop.
  I really wanted that LIFETIME gig and i was kinda down about it but now i'm good.
  One day this week (fingers crossed), a new episode of The Takeover will be posted. Go to www.top20takeover.vvcradio.com to see the upgrades that I've made to the site.

Thanks!

Thats alright Bro. Bigger things are coming your way! 
I ventured into the courtyard followed by 52 brothers bruised battered and scarred but hard.

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 25, 2009, 01:04:46 pm »
Opportunity is lurking.  Just be prepared, Bro.

(And leave those disgusting Krispy Kreme donuts alone.  They could be an opportunity repellent!)
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2009, 01:26:14 pm »
Opportunity is lurking.  Just be prepared, Bro.

(And leave those disgusting Krispy Kreme donuts alone.  They could be an opportunity repellent!)

Thanks Cage!
Thanks Magic...but stop hating on the deliciousness that is "Krispy Kreme."

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 25, 2009, 02:21:43 pm »
Go to www.top20takeover.vvcradio.com to see the upgrades that I've made to the site.

Thanks!

The nightlife city images on the page are great!
I like how whenever you refresh the page, you see a different cityscape. 

I'd suggest keeping that.

I'll be looking out for the next Top 20 Takeover session. 
Just make it...

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 25, 2009, 02:25:38 pm »
hahaha...dude, the show has been recorded.
i'm just waitin' on the powers that be to finally upload it.
Aargh.
It's frustrating.
At least the new player has been installed.
We'll be able to show video as well as play the show now.
We'll see how all of that works.
I'm just waiting for my show to post... don't even get me started about that.
 >:(

and i told you that Tha Diva thanked you for her shoutout, right?

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Here's another trailer for a movie I'm in. "The Virgo Lounge"
« Reply #265 on: March 14, 2009, 03:44:44 pm »
I didn't even know that this footage existed!
I thought the whole filmed was scrapped for budgetary reasons.
Actually, i didn't know what happened. I just knew people STOPPED talkin' about it.

Anyway, if you don't mind, please check out the trailer and tell me what you think, okay?
Be honest.  I even show up a few times.  I play some dude named "Breeze"

So bootleg, yet so fun.
That church scene was bananas. It was moving...as if we were REALLY having chuuch up in dere!
 ;D

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 16, 2009, 01:19:34 pm »
i'm having a really good day today.
tonight is the screening for Gorilla Zoe's movie, "Don't FeeD Da Animals."
The cd/dvd comes out 2morrow, but the screening is tonite.
i'm hella excited but now only a lil' bit nervous.
i play a thug-like character ... hahahah... well, a dude who isn't quite thuggish but hangs out with 'em and tries to be like 'em. anyway, i hope the hood shows me love and likes my portrayal.
much to my surprise, this screening is open to the public. atlanta's V-103 gave away tickets to the screening all weekend so it's gonna be hella packed.
 :o
i didnt see that coming.
i dont know why i thought it would be an intimate affair.
should be fun!

the wife went to H&R block today and filed our taxes. Woohoo! We are gettin' back a LOT of money. i'm this happy --->  ;D

today is a good day.
a really good day.
i feel so very blessed.

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #267 on: March 16, 2009, 02:12:45 pm »
Like you could be mistaken for a thug!  ;D
I, I mean, you're just too smooth to be a thug. Yeah.

Seriously enjoy your night, it's your shine. I'm not big into thug movies, but if I get a chance, I'll have a look to show HEF support.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 16, 2009, 02:50:33 pm »
thanks for your continued support.
thass why you're my English dawg!
 ;D

i'm not sweating tonite...i'm hella excited.
honestly, i hope i impress some producters, directors, etc... someone who wants to put me in a paying gig ... like u said on facebook, "a movie with a budget."

speaking of facebook, i'll reply to those comments there...but yes, that was me waking up in the church. hahaha. i LOVE that scene. i rewatched it 3 times yesterday just to pause it on my facial expressions.
hahahah.

details tomorrow.
too bad it's raining like crazy 2nite.
how do u brits handle all this wet weather?

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
"Don't Feed Da Animals" starring Zoe & Poe
« Reply #269 on: March 17, 2009, 02:58:01 pm »
I'm so exhausted right now.
I spent the first half of the day running on cloud 9 adrenaline.
I didn't get a lot of sleep last night because the wife and I were out late reveling in the moment..
I was so crunk and drunk off the great vibes, I couldn't really fall into a deep sleep. I woke up at 4am to try and post a review on the HEF but the modem started trippin' and my mynd was too fried to try and create coherent sentences...
I had an audition for a Georgia Lottery commercial which i did fairly well on (could've been better, but i'm sure it's good enough for a callback)...
Wife went to H&R Block yesterday and we are gettin' a verrrrry nice refund back this year (that got my good vibe ball rollin' actually)
After lunch and a million-billion conversations about the movie, my body finally said no mas.

I didn't even TRY to watch 24 last nite. Why? Because I knew I would have fallen asleep during the clickin' clock. hahahaha.
The Lord has blessed me today because I was able to avoid any and ALL 24 conversations and discussions. Woohoo!  In less than 45 minutes, I'll be at home...in bed...watching 24, the big bang theory and how i met ur mother.

But i digress.
I'm digressing because I don't think i really have the words to truly express how I'm feeling right now.  Simple sentences do not do last nite any justice and my mynd is too shot to come up with any allusions, illiterations or complex sentence right now to jazz it up.

I will start off by saying: HOWEVER YOU CAN, WHENEVER YOU CAN, PLEASE SEE THE MOVIE "DON'T FEED DA ANIMALS."   >:(

Big ups to the Director/writer/producer Muta'Ali & his RawReport.com team for their work on the film.  The direction, cinematography, editing and even the post production blew away any and all expectations that I had for this low budget hip hop hood movie.  I'm smiling just thinking about it...especially the magic that was made in post production.
You can quote me, Arvell Poe, as saying that "Muta'Ali and his team have changed the game for not only hip hop hood movies but for films with really low budgets."  :D

Gorilla Zoe did a fantastic job of playing his...persona. I've seen some bad acting from rappers, but Zoe held his own and really carried the pic like a lead character should.  :)

The comes out to be 45 minutes long including the credits, but it is an entertaining 45 minutes. So we can consider it a short film, right?

There were 2 showing and the theater was crowded for both showing. Wifey and I, along with most of the film's actors, were present for the 8pm showing and the audience showed us love.  ;D

Zoe showed up for the 9pm show with his BLOCK Ent. family behind him and the papparazzi were everywhere. 
Before the 9pm show, zoe and the rest of us took pictures for the cameras and off he went.  8)
Wifey asked if I wanted to stay for the 2nd showing...i hmmm'd and ha'd, and finally said 'ok.'  And this was after we chatting with the cast, crew and fans in the audience.
By the time i finally made my way back to the crowded theater, the film had just started...oh no! if the movie was already in full effect by at least 10 minutes, it woulda been all good, but they were at the very beginning. Time to go!
Wifey and I went out to chili's to eat, chill and critique the movie and my performance.

But before that, I had people showing me love before the 8pm screening.  Some how some industry (record, i think) people had seen the film and recognized me instantly. Mad love! It was crazy.  Atlanta rapper, Rocko, told me that he saw the film and that i did a great job. Cool! There were other comments but they are spoilers so i will refrain from commenting.   :-X

I overheard the director/writer saying that the record label (Block Ent? Bad Boy South? etc) loved the movie so much that they are interested in making it a full length independent film. If that happens, cool! I'm down to reshoot. Shucks, the director is now being inundated with requests from other rappers for similar films for them. I'm happy for him.

At dinner, I told my lovely wife, "If Muta and his team can do this with x amount of dollars, then imagine what he could do with some real money behind it."  :o

Wifey has a background (and degree) in Theater while I have a background in tv and film and we love debating/critiquing/praising film, tv, theater from various perspectives besides "did u like it? yes or no?"
Even though I'm married to the woman, she keeps it real when it comes to my performances. She knows that I'm hard on myself already, but that doesn't stop her from analyzing and telling me the pros and cons.  ::)

she was proud of my ability to use curse words without lookin' uncomfy.  i dn't curse, smoke or drink and in the recent past, i had to curse and it come off awkwardly. I've gotten better she said. hahahha

long story short, she loved the movie and she loved my acting.  But in the end, she hated me...just like many of the ppl in the audience.
My character is... hmm... let's just say you...will hate me too.
And that is a good thing.

Reggie Reg, thank you for the facebook convo we had awhile back. I really appreciated it.  ;)

I blabbed for way too long...time for me to go home.
thanks for reading.
I would really appreciate it if you all watch the movie and let me know what you think.
I think you WILL be pleasantly surprised.
I put my name and respect on the line in support of this film.
 ;D