Author Topic: The continuing adventures of ARVELL: The up-and-coming actor  (Read 163843 times)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: The continuing adventures of ARVELL: The up-and-coming actor
« Reply #300 on: April 05, 2010, 10:54:43 am »
WTF? i cant believe he just stole my line i laughed to myself. i didnt let it bother me. with me having a background in radio and i read the synopsis of the sides, i just adlibbed even more.  --- Dj MastrMynd

See? :D

I knew that your online radio show would be your own personal mirror and gateway to where you need to go in th' entertainment business!

hahahahha...thanx bruh!
my MTB audition was AWESOME!!! i signed a confidentiality agreement so i can't say much. lol... but i'll let yall know i got the part as soon as they tell me.  ;) i'm feelin' really good about my convo!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 06, 2010, 01:03:43 pm »
the wait is killin' me, y'all.
*sigh*
i haven't given up hope... i'm just anxious.
i really do want and need this gig.

but i'll be patient.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 07, 2010, 12:58:46 pm »
still being patient...no word from TPstudios or my agency...and i even asked if we(the agency as a whole) booked the role yet.

:-\

THIS JUST IN: My agency told me that they haven't gotten any information about the role. if anyone from our agency books it, then they'll know (and let me know). If anyone agency books it, then we'll never hear from them. lol.
so... we're still in the runnin' ppl...it's goin' down to the wire. mwhahahha... I LOVE THIS BUSINESS!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 02:28:15 pm by Mastrmynd »

Offline Afro Samurai

• THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 08, 2010, 10:08:33 pm »
This thread should be moved to the acting section.

yes, i made the same comment, too.
lol.
but i got excited when i saw that reggie reg had posted up in here...
(insert momentary sadness here...lol)

First thing, first thing....you most did the important thing as a black actor........you married a black person. Be black & strong, dont be a sell out my brotha. It is really good to hear that you are doing big things. I read thru all 20 pages in 1 setting in awe of your appearances in movies & tv shows. I also liked your acting demo on youtube (I made the first comment on it).

But how your dad doing? I know he had a heart attack, so I am just wondering how is he doing? Also how your blood pressure is doing? Whenever you post "my pressure is high" that really worry me alot. I wish you success and your family good health. Reading your adventure really made my day.

my brother AFro Samurai,
  thank you for the kind words.  i married my 'homegirl' from college...dated for ten years...married for 5years... i love her and i couldnt imagine being on this journey without her. We are both creative souls so each step that we take means so much because we can share each others joy and know what it means and how it truly feels.
  My Dad is doing well. He is the strongest man that i know...honestly...he takes a beating but keeps on tickin'. thanks for asking.
  My pressure is in check. I'm taking my meds like i'm supposed to. Mom hates that i have to take 'em, but alas, i've inherited the bp that my mom and pop both have.
  Thanks for the well wishes of success and good family health. that really means a lot. So far, you seem like good people...really genuine. You might make a good Hud-Rat (search HudRats via the Hudlin forums to see what i'm talkin' about).
  You liked my demo, huh? Cool. Did you see the 3min version or the 6min version?
  Finally, YOU READ THRU ALL 20 PAGES OF THIS THREAD IN ONE SITTING? For real?  :o  I don't know what to say... uh, 'presh8 u!
I'm headin' off to youtube land to check out your post.
  Happy Easter!
  Tomorrow is a big day for ya boy. 2 auditions. one for the radio and one for TPS/MTB/TBS. i feel good. no worries. i'm ready.

I saw both the 3 min & 6 min. of ur demo. I search for "hudrats" and never came up but your post? What is a hudrat. Good luck with your acting. You prolly get a call from your agency tomorrow. BTW, what is the name of the agency that booked your gigs?
INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 12, 2010, 05:13:58 am »
Hey Fam!
Nothing much to report.
On Saturday morning..early Saturday morning...I did some extra work for an NBA/TNT/Avatar commercial.  I even got some good close up screen time. This commercial will probably play during the playoffs...i'll let you know when it airs...but whenever u see avatar commercials mixed with basketball...that's me!

*I haven't heard back from any of the radio ad auditions but those are towards the end of the month so i'm not concerned about those.
*Jamie Foxx's show is a long-shot, but crazier things have happened. My homegirl knows some ppl and she even put in a good word for me.
*And the tv show from last week? according to a friend of mine, they didnt even shoot that ep on Thursday. they are 2 eps behind...so he says. if he is telling the truth, i still have a chance. it could be shooting this thursday...who knows. we shall see and i'll keep u posted.

Oh yeah...Afro, I'm with Houghton Talent.
 8)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #305 on: April 12, 2010, 09:50:08 am »
congrats, mastyrmind  ;D
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 13, 2010, 07:58:02 am »
congrats, mastyrmind  ;D

it's all good Hype.
it was extra work...but it would be cool if you could see me on tv during the playoffs. we'll see, huh?

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 13, 2010, 08:42:33 am »
congrats, mastyrmind  ;D

it's all good Hype.
it was extra work...

If able, always go the extra mile.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 13, 2010, 08:53:37 am »
congrats, mastyrmind  ;D

it's all good Hype.
it was extra work...

If able, always go the extra mile.

Thanks Battle.
You already know. There are no small roles..just small actors.

Even in extra work, I work like I'm the star. Why? Because I'm a professional and I love my craft.

Have you guys ever heard of the program "Good Eats?"
I had an audition today but I passed on it.
Why? Bad timing. I knew i wouldn't be able to make it to the agency today (ie. work-related reasons) so i passed.
MY agent hit me back and asked if i turned down the audition because of my schedule (yes) and if so, she could do something tomorrow.

Wow. sounds like my agent really wants me to go to this audition, huh?
I'd be playing a scientist.
Maybe i should youtube/google Good Eats.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 13, 2010, 09:45:19 am »
Good Eats with Alton Brown on the Food Network. My wife and daughter like it. I don't mind it. Good information, almost the science and background of cooking with entertaining demonstrations done in a light-hearted, fun way. Good show.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 13, 2010, 09:53:56 am »
Good Eats with Alton Brown on the Food Network. My wife and daughter like it. I don't mind it. Good information, almost the science and background of cooking with entertaining demonstrations done in a light-hearted, fun way. Good show.

oh, for real?
Food Network?
Hmm... that's wassup!
Thanx Curtis.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #311 on: April 13, 2010, 10:35:06 am »
Yeah, man...the wife and I watch it all the time.  It's fairly cheesy but very informative and helpful.  You should go to the audition and chill out with Alton Brown for a while. :D

Offline Afro Samurai

• THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 13, 2010, 03:49:50 pm »
I love good eats & there hardly any blacks on the food network, so you should audition for that part.
INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 13, 2010, 08:11:44 pm »
thanx..but i haven't heard back from the agency so i dont know if i'll be doing it just yet.
but i will if i get the okay.

Thanks folks!

UPDATE:  at the top of the hour, i'll be heading to the audition. thanx for the info guys!

UPDATE 2: The audition went well. My agency loves my brand of comedy so who knows...maybe I'll make someone at Food network laugh. lol. It films on april 21 or 22.

I also found out that because I'm a recurring character (or i was) on House Of Payne, I will not be able to be another character on any of his tv shows that take place within that universe.  Films, plays, etc... I'm good to go, but television, nah!  My agent is going to get the final say on it, but i already knew as much.
I'd just hate to audition for MTB again, do really well and not get it because I'd be messing up continuity.  The only way I can return is if "Fishbone" returns to that universe...and boy oh boy...i really want Fishbone to go to rehab and get his life turned around.

Hmmm...we might have to start a HEF campaign on that. hahahha

UPDATE 3: I just recently found out (late yesterday) that I have another Publix radio ad audition tomorrow. I knew about it, but my wife was the only one to get the email. I got the email too, but it was sent late to my vvcradio email addy. Once I confirmed that she wanted me and my wife to audition i said "i'll see u in the office on Thursday to audition." lol

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 02:57:41 pm by Mastrmynd »

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 15, 2010, 09:46:07 am »
So I left work early today to go to the aency and audition for the Publix radio spot with my wife.

i was hoping that we'd record together but it was solo.
at least we were there 2gether.
awww.

both of us knocked it out in 2 takes!