Author Topic: The continuing adventures of ARVELL: The up-and-coming actor  (Read 163811 times)

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
Re: The continuing adventures of ARVELL: The up-and-coming actor
« Reply #315 on: April 15, 2010, 09:55:48 am »
thanx..but i haven't heard back from the agency so i dont know if i'll be doing it just yet.
but i will if i get the okay.

Thanks folks!

UPDATE:  at the top of the hour, i'll be heading to the audition. thanx for the info guys!

UPDATE 2: The audition went well. My agency loves my brand of comedy so who knows...maybe I'll make someone at Food network laugh. lol. It films on april 21 or 22.

I also found out that because I'm a recurring character (or i was) on House Of Payne, I will not be able to be another character on any of his tv shows that take place within that universe.  Films, plays, etc... I'm good to go, but television, nah!  My agent is going to get the final say on it, but i already knew as much.
I'd just hate to audition for MTB again, do really well and not get it because I'd be messing up continuity.  The only way I can return is if "Fishbone" returns to that universe...and boy oh boy...i really want Fishbone to go to rehab and get his life turned around.

Hmmm...we might have to start a HEF campaign on that. hahahha

UPDATE 3: I just recently found out (late yesterday) that I have another Publix radio ad audition tomorrow. I knew about it, but my wife was the only one to get the email. I got the email too, but it was sent late to my vvcradio email addy. Once I confirmed that she wanted me and my wife to audition i said "i'll see u in the office on Thursday to audition." lol

Excuse my ignorance, because I'm not in the business...but is that only a Tyler Perry Studios rule?  Just asking coz I've seen several other TV shows where people come back and play multiple characters...Law and Order being one that's done it several times.  Curious.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #316 on: April 15, 2010, 09:57:53 am »
So I left work early today to go to the aency and audition for the Publix radio spot with my wife.

i was hoping that we'd record together but it was solo.
at least we were there 2gether.
awww.

both of us knocked it out in 2 takes!

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #317 on: April 15, 2010, 11:41:21 am »
thanx..but i haven't heard back from the agency so i dont know if i'll be doing it just yet.
but i will if i get the okay.

Thanks folks!

UPDATE:  at the top of the hour, i'll be heading to the audition. thanx for the info guys!

UPDATE 2: The audition went well. My agency loves my brand of comedy so who knows...maybe I'll make someone at Food network laugh. lol. It films on april 21 or 22.

I also found out that because I'm a recurring character (or i was) on House Of Payne, I will not be able to be another character on any of his tv shows that take place within that universe.  Films, plays, etc... I'm good to go, but television, nah!  My agent is going to get the final say on it, but i already knew as much.
I'd just hate to audition for MTB again, do really well and not get it because I'd be messing up continuity.  The only way I can return is if "Fishbone" returns to that universe...and boy oh boy...i really want Fishbone to go to rehab and get his life turned around.

Hmmm...we might have to start a HEF campaign on that. hahahha

UPDATE 3: I just recently found out (late yesterday) that I have another Publix radio ad audition tomorrow. I knew about it, but my wife was the only one to get the email. I got the email too, but it was sent late to my vvcradio email addy. Once I confirmed that she wanted me and my wife to audition i said "i'll see u in the office on Thursday to audition." lol

Excuse my ignorance, because I'm not in the business...but is that only a Tyler Perry Studios rule?  Just asking coz I've seen several other TV shows where people come back and play multiple characters...Law and Order being one that's done it several times.  Curious.

it's not ignorant brother... you'll never know unless you ask.
I guess it's a T. Perry thang because all of the ol' skool black shows reused ppl all the time.
and yeah, L&O is notorious for it too.
I guess he wants his universe to be populated by various faces.
now there is an example of them breakin' that rule but that person wasn't a recurrin' character like i am/was.
shucks, i auditioned to be a costumed singing telegram animal guy on MTB and i was told that i couldnt get it because of HOP.
What??
You couldnt even see me.  Oh well.
And the audition was great...lol... i had the casting agent rollin'.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Afro Samurai

• THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 15, 2010, 04:38:30 pm »
Damn man with the Tyler Perry thing. Hopefully your character can come back as still a crackhead who is acting like he is clean or a brother that turn his life around and now is apologizing to every family members he hurt cause of him giving cracks to their love ones (I personally prefer this one, you rarely see blacks get off of crack on tv & movies).

Again what is a hud-rat ??? I wouldnt mind being one, it sound cool.
INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 16, 2010, 11:50:26 am »
Damn man with the Tyler Perry thing. Hopefully your character can come back as still a crackhead who is acting like he is clean or a brother that turn his life around and now is apologizing to every family members he hurt cause of him giving cracks to their love ones (I personally prefer this one, you rarely see blacks get off of crack on tv & movies).
You know what? I think a "Fishbone Returns" campaign needs to be started. Someone started one a year or so ago. They started posting pro-Fishbone comments on TBS.com's House of Payne's forum page. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it.  One of the show's writers send me an email just to let me know that ppl were requesting me.  So i know the writers pay attention to stuff like that.

Again what is a hud-rat ??? I wouldnt mind being one, it sound cool.
Welcome to the club brother. You are a HudRat now so with that comes responsibility. You've been invited to the kool kids club.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 16, 2010, 11:52:13 am »
Welcome to the club brother. You are a HudRat now so with that comes responsibility. You've been invited to the kool kids club.
;)
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 16, 2010, 11:59:17 am »
;)

funny Curtis.
Reaaaaal funny.
lol
 :D

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 17, 2010, 07:29:50 am »
;)

funny Curtis.
Reaaaaal funny.
lol
 :D
Heh, heh, heh...
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 18, 2010, 05:08:58 am »
Heads up Fam!
  Be on the lookout for a NBA on TNT/Avatar commercial today during the playoff games ...on TNT.  This is the commercial I was an extra in last week.
I dont know what the commercial looks like, i dont even know how much screen time I'm gonna get after editing, so keep ya eyes peeled...just in case I do show up.
  I'm the tall black guy standing next to a shorter white woman on the sidewalk looking (in amazement) at the Avatar movie on big screen tvs in a storefront window. whew.
  You're the only ppl in my online that I've shared this with. not even on facebook or myspace.
  I figured I'd let everyone else be surprised. lol. "was that Arvell?"

Also, one of the agents (at my agency) hit me back and told me that they spoke with TPStudios.  I am good to audition for other roles for H.O.P. & M.T.B. and they will take into account my past work with them. So, yeah, I guess that's a good thing. :)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 26, 2010, 05:34:11 am »
Army Wives audition today.
i'll holla at y'all later.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 27, 2010, 08:04:25 pm »
thanks for checkin' out my thread.
i had an audition for army wives (again) which I bombed...but it's all good.
i'm happy to report my that my SAG residuals have started showing up again.
lol.

last but not least, VVCRadio.com is going live 24/7 on June 1st.
Go there right now to join our beta-test.

"VVCRadio.com  Why surf the internet in silence?"

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 09, 2010, 04:14:27 pm »
audition for BET's new scripted show, "Let's Stay Together."
I'll keep you posted.
i also had an audition for a Burger King commercial but the callbacks are in NC and I can leave town this weekend 'cuz wifey will be full term on friday. the baby can show up at any time after that

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 10, 2010, 10:47:55 am »
I'll keep you posted.
i also had an audition for a Burger King commercial but the callbacks are in NC and I can leave town this weekend 'cuz wifey will be full term on friday. the baby can show up at any time after that

i knocked it out of the park.
i felt really good about that audition.
reaaaally good.
:)

i pray that i get it.
i feel confident.
we will see what happens.
i just wanted to keep you all updated.

so BET passes on season 2 of SOMEBODIES, but they go with a new scripted series. i dont know how i feel about that. lol

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 11, 2010, 11:12:24 am »
I'll keep you posted.

i knocked it out of the park.
i felt really good about that audition.
reaaaally good.

i pray that i get it.
i feel confident.
we will see what happens.
i just wanted to keep you all updated.

so BET passes on season 2 of SOMEBODIES, but they go with a new scripted series. i dont know how i feel about that. lol

Sorry to hear about the BK commercial man, but I know how that last trimester can be (husband=punching bag)..  got my fingers crossed for the new show - I'm sure you got it!

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 12, 2010, 02:45:49 pm »
thanx moor.
i just got cleared at work for my FMLA so as soon as the baby is born, i'll be taking off of work for awhile.
at least for 2 weeks. one month at the most. we'll see. i need money so i'll might not make it a full month unless i book a bunch of these acting gigs.
that would be right on time.
take care of the wifey and baby and collect another check on the film set.

it can happen.
i had another audition for a SAG ultra low budget film titled The Atlantan. $100/day for lead roles. $50/day for 2ndary characters. i can deal with $100 daily.
we shall see.

June 20th, I'm hosting a tribute event where Charles Geer is being honored. should be fun. i'll be emceeing the up and coming artist who will be doing medleys of artists he made famous like En Vogue, Keith Sweat, LeVert, etc.
That is also the day that I think the baby will arrive.
lol