Author Topic: The Fate of T'challa???  (Read 5704 times)

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
The Fate of T'challa???
« on: May 07, 2010, 03:13:05 pm »
You know, since T'challa isn't The Black Panther anymore, does anybody have any theories as to what is going to happen to the chracter? Because Something tells me that he is not going to become The Black Panther after Doomwar. I think he is in the same position as Steve Rogers, as in his time as BP, is over at least for awhile. Maberry mentioned in an interview that The Miniseries, kinda turns focus towards Shuri. He also mentioned that Marvel had some pretty interesting plans for T'challa. I see him on either The Secret Avengers, or a fan can only hope for a Flags of our Fathers 2 (Steve Rogers and T'challa) set in the present with neither as The Black Panther or Captain America.
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
Re: The Fate of T'challa???
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 10:05:12 am »
You know, since T'challa isn't The Black Panther anymore, does anybody have any theories as to what is going to happen to the chracter? Because Something tells me that he is not going to become The Black Panther after Doomwar. I think he is in the same position as Steve Rogers, as in his time as BP, is over at least for awhile. Maberry mentioned in an interview that The Miniseries, kinda turns focus towards Shuri. He also mentioned that Marvel had some pretty interesting plans for T'challa. I see him on either The Secret Avengers, or a fan can only hope for a Flags of our Fathers 2 (Steve Rogers and T'challa) set in the present with neither as The Black Panther or Captain America.

I think T'challa and Storm become A-vengers (not SA)...because they still have spots open.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 02:29:23 pm »

this would make me renew my interests in The Avengers.
There were too many avenger books so i stuck with cage's avengers AND the Initiative
I think T'challa and Storm become A-vengers (not SA)...because they still have spots open.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 05:22:13 pm »

this would make me renew my interests in The Avengers.
There were too many avenger books so i stuck with cage's avengers AND the Initiative
[/quote]
[/quote]
I agree, there is a stong possibility that T'challa joins The Avengers, because Avengers # 2 is suppose to add one more avenger to the ranks, but if he did join, would he be joining as T'challa or as The Black Panther?

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 07:49:14 pm »
I have no idea of what is going to happen. I don't think we will see much of anything until the end of DW as to not telegraph the ending.

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 06:52:07 am »
THey posted the Preview to Avengers # 1 and all The Next Avengers are Present including Azzari

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 11:48:47 am »
T'Challa is going to be an X Man. Will he 'discovered' as a mutant, I don't know. But you look at the "I am an X Man" covers (featuring mutants and non mutants) campaign and you hear talk of integrating mutants more in the Marvel Universe at large...nothing would make more sense...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 11:53:14 am by Princesa »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 06:26:38 pm »
<<I agree, there is a stong possibility that T'challa joins The Avengers, because Avengers # 2 is suppose to add one more avenger to the ranks, but if he did join, would he be joining as T'challa or as The Black Panther?>>

If T joins the Avengers alone, I can see it, but if Storm comes too, I have a hard time seeing anyone put both Storm and Thor on one team.  If they did either the Storm fans or the Thor fans (or both) are going to be annoyed.

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 04:01:46 pm »

If T joins the Avengers alone, I can see it, but if Storm comes too, I have a hard time seeing anyone put both Storm and Thor on one team.  If they did either the Storm fans or the Thor fans (or both) are going to be annoyed.

lol let's face it, pretty much everyone is going to be annoyed no matter what happens :P

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 05:31:22 pm »
<<lol let's face it, pretty much everyone is going to be annoyed no matter what happens :P >>

Yeah, but I wonder how many writers want to put themselves up for that abuse unless they have a really good storyline or they were ordered to.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 07:49:10 am »
I don't that the similarities between Storm  and Thor are that much of an issue. Thor's the Avengers resident strong guy. Storm's a finess act. The Real problem is that Storm won't be as leaderly as her fans prefer to see her if she joins. There's no way that Storm is going to be taking charge of any room that Cap, Thor & Iron Man are in.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 05:25:49 pm »
I don't that the similarities between Storm  and Thor are that much of an issue. Thor's the Avengers resident strong guy. Storm's a finesse act.

I agree , I never thought of Storm as similar to Thor. I always saw Thor as the Avengers Superman.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 06:48:39 pm »
Yeah, just wait till a story has Thor overshadows Storm's control or they say Storm can do something Thor can't.  (It's one thing to say Storm has more finace, it's another to say she can do something he can't.)

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 07:02:54 am »
Yeah, just wait till a story has Thor overshadows Storm's control or they say Storm can do something Thor can't.  (It's one thing to say Storm has more finace, it's another to say she can do something he can't.)

Well, it's been established that Storm's elemental control has to work in harmony with nature.

If she wants it to say, rain in the Sahara she would have to draw moisture from the surrounding areas to do so(causing them to become temporarily arid until she puts the moisture back where it belongs).

Thor's just magic. It rains whereever he tells it to and surrounding areas aren't effected by what he does. But my point was that he is the Avengers' strongman/teleporter. He weather control is usually just a backdrop to his beating on folks.

Storm won't be in the front ranks hitting Ultron upside the head. That will be Thor.

Offline Shade

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 07:55:56 am »

Well, it's been established that Storm's elemental control has to work in harmony with nature.

If she wants it to say, rain in the Sahara she would have to draw moisture from the surrounding areas to do so(causing them to become temporarily arid until she puts the moisture back where it belongs).

Thor's just magic. It rains whereever he tells it to and surrounding areas aren't effected by what he does. But my point was that he is the Avengers' strongman/teleporter. He weather control is usually just a backdrop to his beating on folks.

Storm won't be in the front ranks hitting Ultron upside the head. That will be Thor.

But there is still the fact that he can do anything Storm can do weather wise but much better. Storm would be a 2nd string character while Thor is there.
Kiss the sky!