Author Topic: regina king to bw date outside your race  (Read 4397 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: regina king to bw date outside your race
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 11:24:58 am »
Wow, this topic never dies, does it? 

The whole approach here is wrongheaded. 

People are single for all kinds of reasons, there is no one size fits all answer to the solution. 

Why are these women single?  Father issues?  Very unattractive appearance or personality? Unwilling to compromise in a relationship?  Unrealistic expectations of a mate? Want to be alone, despite claims otherwise?  The reason may not be any of these, but these are common issues that have nothing to do with the dating pool.

Let's take race out of it.  If these women say they aren't attracted to white men, I bet there are other types of men they are not attacted to.  They may not like overweight men or short men or broke financially challenged men.  Why not tell them to consider them too? 

I'm sure Halle Berry, Stacy Dash and Garcielle Nilon would say just being with a white guy is not the magic bullet to a happy relationship. 

Falling in love is hard, staying in love even harder.  You got to know what's important and what's not.  If you find something that works, who cares about race, gender, religion...just hold on!

Offline Marvelous

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 02:03:35 pm »
Falling in love is hard, staying in love even harder.  You got to know what's important and what's not.  If you find something that works, who cares about race, gender, religion...just hold on!

Reg, thats some of the wisest $#!t I've ever heard on relationships.  I'm gonna borrow that.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 08:26:51 am »
Well, to give Ms. King the benefit of the doubt, she might just be suggesting that woman broaden their horizons in seeking potential mates. That would be the favorable reading of her comments.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Afro Samurai

• THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 12:54:43 pm »
I can't believe a sell out is voicing Huey of Boondocks. I give props to all the black ladies that only want to date brothas.

It funny she say that in vibe too, since Quincy Jone own that mag......and he only date white women.
INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 12:59:05 pm »
Wait, I'm confused. I only skimmed through the article, but did she say not to date black men or just to open your horizons? I don't get how she's a sell out for that? I think anyone should be free to date whoever they want.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 01:03:43 pm »
I can't believe a sell out is voicing Huey of Boondocks.

Why?

It is not like McGruder is overflowing with love for the brothers either, if you want to get down to it.

Who was the last breathing negro that McGruder had anything good to say about? :D

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 02:44:42 pm »
I can't believe a sell out is voicing Huey of Boondocks. I give props to all the black ladies that only want to date brothas.

It funny she say that in vibe too, since Quincy Jone own that mag......and he only date white women.

i was waiting on you to comment.
i knew you couldn't resist this topic.
lol

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 05:03:02 pm »
This argument is as tired as the day is long.  Date who you want to.  The way I see it, if you're not next to me when I wake up, then it's none of my bidnezz.  What women haven't figured out yet is that men are men.  White, Black, Asian, Latino...we're all on a basic level the same.  She'll deal with all the same shyt, just presented in a different wrapper.

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 08:55:59 pm »
~WOW all of this but no mention of the person she is currently dating ::)

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 10:13:51 pm »
I can't believe a sell out is voicing Huey of Boondocks.

Why?

It is not like McGruder is overflowing with love for the brothers either, if you want to get down to it.

Who was the last breathing negro that McGruder had anything good to say about? :D

Ironically enough, the negro in question would be...

Reginald Hudlin 8)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 12:25:52 pm »
This argument is as tired as the day is long.  Date who you want to.  The way I see it, if you're not next to me when I wake up, then it's none of my bidnezz.  What women haven't figured out yet is that men are men.  White, Black, Asian, Latino...we're all on a basic level the same.  She'll deal with all the same shyt, just presented in a different wrapper.

so true.
so so true.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!