Author Topic: Everybody loves Terry Crews  (Read 2290 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Everybody loves Terry Crews
« on: May 13, 2010, 01:29:00 pm »
Everybody loves Terry Crews: TV dad books reality premiere

The end of Everybody Hates Chris has not held athlete turned actor Terry Crews back. In fact, it seems the 'White Chicks' and 'Terminator Salvation' actor is busier than ever and so is his family.

According to BET, the family has signed on for a second season of their celebrated reality series, 'The Family Crews'.

In related news, Crews is set to star in the Ice Cube helmed television adaptation of 'Are We There Yet'. Reportedly picked up at TBS, the show will join George Lopez's 'Lopez Tonight', Tyler Perry's 'House of Payne' and 'Meet The Browns' as part of the network's growing line up.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
Re: Everybody loves Terry Crews
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 01:41:55 pm »
Congrats to Terry Crews!  I have to ask, though...does anyone else see what appears to be the TBS strategy here?  It's like UPN, grow your network with minority shows, then as soon as you get on your feet...BAM! They're all gone.  Not saying that TBS is going to do that...it's just similar to the way UPN got going.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 02:14:25 pm »
nah, big difference.
upn started this way.
cw started this way.

tbs is just diversifying.
tbs ratings are ridiculous. they are almost the standard go to channel next to broadcast. real talk.
once turner started to rebrand their stations (tbs= real funny; tnt= knows drama; etc), they were hitting their stride.
when tyler perry changed the game with his money making 100 ep deal with TBS, i think it opened their eyes with other opportunities.
shucks, it opened a lot of ppls eyes.
if you create the product, then tbs may be the home for you.
shucks, they pulled Conan O'brien on the simple fact that they will nurture your product, promote to the best of their ability and get you a good audience.
it just so happens that the minority-based shows are doing well (HOP, MTB, Lopez).

tbs.funny. indeed.

off topic, i know all the eps may be filmed already, but please believe i'm tryin' to get on are we there yet?  i'm a huge Cube fan. i still remember the interview i had with him for Player's Club.
oh yeah...essence atkins doesnt hurt either.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 08:53:26 am »
I never cared much for Terry Crews at all but seeing the trailers he actually looks pretty good in the part. 

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 02:21:38 pm »
Cube's guess spot was the best thing on his show. I think it will do well and has a good framework but Terry Crews has an acting range of from A to A.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 06:44:53 pm »
I thought it was ok...
Pull List