Author Topic: Tea Party leader, Mark Williams says Muslims worship a "monkey god"  (Read 29085 times)

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
As the Huffington Post first reported Monday, Mark Williams, the national Tea Party leader, is at it again.

In a rant against a planned 13-story mosque to be built near the World Trade Center site, Williams claims that Muslims worship a "monkey god."

Unsurprisingly, this has angered Muslims nationwide.

From Williams' blog:
The monument would consist of a Mosque for the worship of the terrorists' monkey-god (repeat: "the terrorists' monkey-god." if you feel that fits a description of Allah then that is your own deep-seated emotional baggage not mine, talk to the terrorists who use Allah as their excuse and the Muslims who apologize for and rationalize them) and a "cultural center" to propagandize for the extermination of all things not approved by their cult. It is a project of American Society for Muslim Advancement and the Cordoba Initiative, essentially the same group of apologists (but under 2 different names) for terrorists and the animals who use it as a terrorist ideology. They cloak their evil with new age gibberish that suggests Islam is just misunderstood.

In a press release, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, a civil rights and advocacy group, responded to the hate speech.
"It would be shocking if such ignorant comments failed to elicit a strong response not only from Tea Party leaders, but from other parties throughout the political spectrum," said CAIR National Legislative Director Corey Saylor.

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Tea Party Leader, Mark Williams Apologizes...to Hindus
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 11:48:36 am »
Tea Party leader Mark Williams, under fire for saying Muslims worship a "monkey god," has apologized -- to Hindus.

In another post on his blog, Williams writes:
A few days ago I wrote an article critical of a monument to the 911 hijackers to be built at Ground Zero and scheduled to open on 9/11/11. I can only assume the date is only to emphasize the perverted message of the monument. The only thing sicker is that Americans will not only allow it but that they will defend it.
In the course of the article I described the "god" worshiped by terrorists as "a monkey god". I was wrong and that was offensive. I owe an apology to millions of Hindus who worship Lord Hanuman, an actual Monkey God.
Moreover, Hanuman is worshiped as a symbol of perseverance, strength and devotion. He is known as a destroyer of evil and to inspire and liberate. Those are hardly the traits of whatever the Hell (literally) it is that terrorists worship and worthy of my respect and admiration not ridicule.
So, again, to my Hindu friends I offer my sincerest apologies for my horrible lapse and my insensitivity. It was unintentional, inexplicably ignorant and I am ashamed at my offense toward you.

He did not apologize to Muslims, and has since password-protected the original inflammatory blog post.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
What kind of animal God do domestic terrorists worship?

michaelintp

As you are well aware from our prior discussions on the HEF, Williams has been the recipient of strong criticism from other "Tea Party Leaders."  I don't care for the man.  Not at all.  While I don't think he is a "plant" ... he could not do a better job in undermining the Tea Party Movement, and sullying the motives of the decent men and women who are involved, if he tried.

Nor do I know enough about the Muslim organization he references (that wishes to build the "Cultural Center") to express an opinion, and based on the tone and tenor of his comments, I would seek independent verification of his charges,  rather than taking his word for it.  Though some of the wealthy organizations are funded with Saudi money, I have no knowledge of this specific organization, its funding, its ideology, or its geopolitics.

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
  • i've never had a hero. i don't worship people.
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
That's a pretty soft repudiation of a racist bastard. Perhaps there is a reason the vast majority of Tea Baggers are white.
Soon you will come to know. When the bullet hits the bone.

michaelintp

Bullsh*t, Redjack.  Of course the man's reference to "monkey-god" was moronic, ignorant and bigoted, that goes without saying. Was it really necessary to state to obvious, to spell that out, for you? Sheesh. Why do you think I said what I said about him?

Really, man, put it back in your pants.

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
I think not.

michaelintp

No, you're right. Why abandon your own racial bigotry and stereotypes.

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
I'm not a bigot, Michael. Nor do I engage in stereotype. I'm very sad for all the people who see the darkening of america and the loosening of religious control of our social structures as a thing to be feared. I'm sad for the people who buy into the whole "government is bad/corporations are just people trying to earn a living" mantra because they fear the alternative which is thinking for themselves and taking responsibility for their status as American citizens. I'm sad for people who've been made weary by the conversation about "race" and its implications and consequences.

I'm sad for them but I don't actually entertain for a moment that the "ideas" they present, all born of the fear of change and power loss, should be given respect or attention.

I can't help it if some people don't want to live in the real world but it's not my job to indulge their fantasies, only to prevent those fantasies from hurting the rest of us. Since you've thrown your lot in with these morons, you're going to have to eat the same crap they do. That's how it works until you wise up.

michaelintp

Geoff, actually, your negative characterization reveals your bias.  One could just as easily say that those you "pity" who wish to view all of us as American Citizens, without regard to race or ethnicity, and it is the Left that is obsessed with ethnic fragmentation and division. That it is those whom you "pity" who cherish the liberty and religious freedom and the value of the individual.

It is all a matter of perspective.

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
Re: Tea Party leader, Mark Williams says Muslims worship a "monkey god"
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 05:31:49 pm »
Sure. Pity works too.

But please don't dress it up as desiring equality because that's a load of sh*t. These are precisely the people who turned hoses on us and give aid and support to the folks who kill "abortion doctors."

What they would like is for us to forget how this country treats and treated us and, brother, I wouldn't hold my breath. When the kicking stops, then we can talk about shaking hands.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 05:33:39 pm by Redjack »

michaelintp

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 06:58:03 pm »
Hold on to it Geoff, hold onto it.  Never ever let it go.

Somehow, I've gotta wonder, when was the last time someone turned his hose on you ...?  Most likely when you were a youngster, playing in the sprinklers.  Which is, without a doubt, the only time anyone who attends a Tea Party Ralley these days turned his hose on anyone ... to play with his kids while watering the lawn. 

Talkin' about living in a fantasy world.  But don't let it go ...

Those damned white people ...

I feel sorry for 'em too.  ::)

Though it does make your talk about being a "tribe" and our being "American citizens" etc etc etc ... sound like a lotta hot air.

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 10:28:25 pm »
Except, in my tribe, we have women and whites and asians and south asians and homosexuals and Christians and Muslims, hindus, Jews and Atheists. We have Buddhists and geeks. What we don't have is bigots. It's easy to attempt to reduce my arguments to some version of intransigent "reverse" racism or that I'm somehow mired in my own "angers" about "past" misdeeds.

Sadly, that dog won't hunt.

The teabaggers are a bunch of fear-crazed nutjobs who you had better pray don't get a foothold in this country's government.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 08:33:22 am »
Hold on to it Geoff, hold onto it.  Never ever let it go.

Somehow, I've gotta wonder, when was the last time someone turned his hose on you ...?  Most likely when you were a youngster, playing in the sprinklers.  Which is, without a doubt, the only time anyone who attends a Tea Party Ralley these days turned his hose on anyone ... to play with his kids while watering the lawn. 

Talkin' about living in a fantasy world.  But don't let it go ...

Those damned white people ...

I feel sorry for 'em too.  ::)

Though it does make your talk about being a "tribe" and our being "American citizens" etc etc etc ... sound like a lotta hot air.

Is it your view that racial discrimination is no longer significant?
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 11:01:06 am »
Mark Williams is an asshole pure and simple. Who says something like that? I don't follow the faith but I'll be glad to "take one for the team" and punch him in his face where he stands. For crying out loud I just lost for words I mean HE IS A f*ckING ASSHOLE!! He is right up there with Pat Robinson, James David Manning, Rod Parsley, Steven Anderson, and many others with their "teachings". 
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.