Author Topic: Gen. Stanley McChrystal slams Obama Admistration in Rolling Stone Interview  (Read 5554 times)

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
So, Obama is a Sith Lord?  Does that make Palin a Jedi?
The way how a number in the right I bet they think that. 
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Sarah Palin can't spell "Jedi".

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile

Sarah Palin can't spell "Jedi".

;D

michaelintp

This is an unwinnable war. The fact that we are still there is a travesty. I know they have waaaay more information than the general public, but I can't imagine that changes the basic facts as we see them.  So in that regard, better to fire this insubordinate and maintain discipline within the ranks....and I don't just mean military ranks.

So who approved the idea having a journalist from Rolling Stone, pretending to be everyone's pal, embedded with McChrystal's staff?  My understanding is that most of the comments came from them.

Reginald, let us imagine you get your way. America immediately withdraws from Afghanistan: Let's see. OK, Afghanistan falls to the Taliban. The militants of the Taliban and Al-Qaeda are empowered, their reputation and influence bolstered 1000 fold. Turns out Osama bin Laden was right after all, it just took a few more years than anticipated for America to show its pathetic weakness. The Khumeinists in Iran develop nuclear weapons, enhancing their reputation and clout 1000 fold. America pulls out of Iraq. With these developments, Iraq is radicalized and falls to the Jihadists. The Jihadists, emboldened, with more recruits and training grounds, become ever more aggressive in Pakistan, with pro-Taliban elements in the Pakistani intelligence services and armed forces asserting greater influence. They stage a coup d'état. Nuclear Pakistan falls to the Jihadists. The monarchy in Saudi Arabia is destabilized, with neo-Wahabi fundamentaliststs who were fed the Jihadi ideology from the extremist Saudi-funded schools and mosques, seizing control of the kingdom. Saudi Arabia is dominated by its Jihadist spawn. Throughout all of this, moderate Muslims are targeted as apostates and murdered throughout the Middle East, minorities are persecuted and killed and women are subjugated.

And at home, during all this, we are content at last, with our HBO, MTV, ESPN and BET, confident that our government will protect us, here in Dar el Harb.  ::)

*All non-Muslim lands are Dar el Harb in Arabic. The phrase means "the House of War."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 06:43:10 am by michaelintp »

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Yep and this "war" is doing so well just like the "war on drugs" in 80s or Vietnam or Gulf War. We are really protecting out citizens
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
This is an unwinnable war. The fact that we are still there is a travesty. I know they have waaaay more information than the general public, but I can't imagine that changes the basic facts as we see them.  So in that regard, better to fire this insubordinate and maintain discipline within the ranks....and I don't just mean military ranks.

So who approved the idea having a journalist from Rolling Stone, pretending to be everyone's pal, embedded with McChrystal's staff?  My understanding is that most of the comments came from them.
Reginald, let us imagine you get your way. America immediately withdraws from Afghanistan: Let's see. OK, Afghanistan falls to the Taliban. The militants of the Taliban and Al-Qaeda are empowered, their reputation and influence bolstered 1000 fold. Turns out Osama bin Laden was right after all, it just took a few more years than anticipated for America to show its pathetic weakness. The Khumeinists in Iran develop nuclear weapons, enhancing their reputation and clout 1000 fold. America pulls out of Iraq. With these developments, Iraq is radicalized and falls to the Jihadists. The Jihadists, emboldened, with more recruits and training grounds, become ever more aggressive in Pakistan, with pro-Taliban elements in the Pakistani intelligence services and armed forces asserting greater influence. They stage a coup d'état. Nuclear Pakistan falls to the Jihadists. The monarchy in Saudi Arabia is destabilized, with neo-Wahabi fundamentaliststs who were fed the Jihadi ideology from the extremist Saudi-funded schools and mosques, seizing control of the kingdom. Saudi Arabia is dominated by its Jihadist spawn. Throughout all of this, moderate Muslims are targeted as apostates and murdered throughout the Middle East, minorities are persecuted and killed and women are subjugated.

And at home, during all this, we are content at last, with our HBO, MTV, ESPN and BET, confident that our government will protect us, here in Dar el Harb.  ::)

*All non-Muslim lands are Dar el Harb in Arabic. The phrase means "the House of War."

Mike,

This was why I wondered about premeditation. I find it hard to believe that McChristal could make a P.R. blunder of THAT magnitude by accident. Why talk to Rolling Stone at all? Why not Time or Newsweek?

Now that McChristal's retired my idea about him running for President in 2012 is just a little more likely. 

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Mike, your domino theory proposal implies that we do NOTHING in the Middle East to fight terrorism, and that's not what I'm talking about. But even in the article everyone who is onboard the COIN strategy admits it will take decades and won't look or feel like a conventional win.  In other words, a gigantic risk. 

Maybe it is a risk worth taking.  I'm sure Obama knows the economic and political cost of staying there.  Maybe its the best of a bad series of choices.  But I when I hear a new version of the domino theory, I recall those dire concerns about Viet Nam falling didn't come true.  I know this is a different situation, but it sure feels familiar.

michaelintp

Well, Reginald, I understand what you are saying about the "domino theory" but really, we've gotta get over the Vietnam war. Honest to God, this is not 1968. The situation today is what it is today. And it is a terrible situation. Our choices are "bad" to "worse." But the worst is a waaaaaay lot worse. Or, at least, that's how I see it.

Oh, and Vic, interesting point, if the call was really McChrystal's alone to invite the journalist in to his inner circle (and not also the Administration's)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile