Author Topic: Tea Party leader, Mark Williams says Muslims worship a "monkey god"  (Read 29086 times)

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
  • i've never had a hero. i don't worship people.
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
Re: Tea Party leader, Mark Williams says Muslims worship a "monkey god"
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2010, 10:01:12 am »
Non-issue. There are titty bars two blocks from Ground Zero, why not a church, mosque or temple? 

As for the Islamifaction of the US legal system, I can't imagine a scenario where that ever gets traction.  Too many people who dislike Islam to the point of bigotry in some cases, and, quite frankly, what they are selling isn't that attractive to the average American. 

You just let them get enough numbers and they will start waging war against the infidel. That's how it works. (Ask Indonesia and every other Asian country were Islam has been allowed to prosper) So they want to build a mosque near ground zero? Fine, let them have it. So they want to instate communities under their own sharia laws? No f*cking hell no!! Secularism is the right way to go if they don't like it then they can go back to the middle east. As simple as that.

No. That's a load of sh*t, actually.

The asian nations have no tradition of democratic culture and, moreover, for the most part, have a cultural bias against the rights of the individual in favor of those of the family or group. There are millions of muslims in the USA right now, the vast majority of whom are simply living the same lives as everyone else.

Like any magical belief system, it depends on who's using it.

The "them" you're talking about is a massive and diverse group of people who you are judging solely by their most extreme and, frankly, nutty examples.

The KKK is a Christian organization; so is Christian Identity. Do you honestly feel like judging all Christians by their example? Because, when you use the extremes to define the whole, you're doing just that.
Soon you will come to know. When the bullet hits the bone.

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2010, 12:00:55 pm »
Well actually, you are. You try to get a rise out of believers by belittling their faith/beliefs with snide remarks( "ya'll believe in magic", "Blacks amuse me with this God belief", etc). The thing I'm trying to understand is WHY? What is your objective in doing that? To believers, you're not saying anything new. Here's what amuses me, when folks write things like that, they remind me of some who think that the "magic bullet" to hurting a mentally strong Black person's feelings, it to say "Nˇgger". Never been called that before. :o ;D
If he isnt saying anything new then the question is why would some still follow the faith is his point. No it doesnt come across as snide. It is a very serious question to be asked. And honestly most don't have the proper answer.
Bmore, What is a "Proper Answer" for a collective group of people? Every individual has their own answer. Not every one of them will be able to articulate the reason(s) to your/our satisfaction. We all can't write as well as Redjack :D. Personally, I used to be an Atheist, up until about 10 years ago. What brought me into Christianity? No one particular thing or event, that would make sense to you/anyone else.

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2010, 01:11:09 pm »
I'm not an atheist. I just don't believe in magic.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2010, 01:31:38 pm »
Bmore, What is a "Proper Answer" for a collective group of people? Every individual has their own answer. Not every one of them will be able to articulate the reason(s) to your/our satisfaction. We all can't write as well as Redjack :D. Personally, I used to be an Atheist, up until about 10 years ago. What brought me into Christianity? No one particular thing or event, that would make sense to you/anyone else.
That is my point there is no proper answer. You clarified it perfectly
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2010, 01:51:21 pm »
I don't believe in magic either, just Christ

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2010, 02:05:22 pm »
Magic: an extraordinary power or influence seemingly from a supernatural source - webster's dictionary

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2010, 02:25:54 pm »
I'm not an atheist. I just don't believe in magic.

Magic is interesting from an imaginative point-of-view in fictional literature.

Offline Francisco

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2010, 04:44:24 pm »
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke.
Don't get fooled by the bombs that I get I'm still I'm still Saddam from Iraq.

Offline Francisco

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2010, 05:23:33 pm »
No. That's a load of sh*t, actually.

The asian nations have no tradition of democratic culture and, moreover, for the most part, have a cultural bias against the rights of the individual in favor of those of the family or group. There are millions of muslims in the USA right now, the vast majority of whom are simply living the same lives as everyone else.

Like any magical belief system, it depends on who's using it.

The "them" you're talking about is a massive and diverse group of people who you are judging solely by their most extreme and, frankly, nutty examples.

The KKK is a Christian organization; so is Christian Identity. Do you honestly feel like judging all Christians by their example? Because, when you use the extremes to define the whole, you're doing just that.

No.. The them I'm talking about are the extremists that think the world has to be a Muslim world. And it all comes down to the ideology itself. Islam is the single religion that includes war as a way to spread its message. Buddhism doesn't Christianity doesn't not even Hinduism does it. Christ never talked about war neither did Prince Sidarta.

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2010, 05:34:11 pm »
It doesn't matter what Jesus said. Christians have been murdering non-Christians for centuries based upon the words in that book and there's no way around it. Christians have a stranglehold on our political structure  in the US. Jews, Christians and Muslims have been kicking the crap out of each other over "the holy land" for nearly a thousand years now.

By definition extremists don't have the numbers necessary to present the threat you seem to be worried about. Sure they can blow up a car or a building or even crash some planes but, in terms of bringing down an entire society?

Forget it.

if you want to combat this problem, if anyone really does, they have start from the position that all the world's faiths are basically equal. Because they are. Especially the Big Three as they all come from the same root.

And, just for the record, i was raised in a Buddhist and Episcopal household.

Offline Francisco

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2010, 06:59:39 pm »
It doesn't matter what Jesus said. Christians have been murdering non-Christians for centuries based upon the words in that book and there's no way around it.

It does matter and it does matter a lot. Those massacres done by Christians against non-Christians have no justification. They deviated from the teachings of Jesus in order to do it. No where in the bible does Jesus says to kill your enemy or to kill those who didn't listen to his teachings. While Mohamed expressly calls for the murder and/or enslavement of every single "infidel". The Japanese expressly created their own version of Buddhism so the Samurai could keep up killing people but nowhere else did Prince Siddhartha aka Buddha said it was OK to kill people. In other religions the fanatics just ignore stuff so they can justify their atrocities while in Islam they just have to follow the teachings of Mohamed. It is OK to kill non-Muslim for Mohamed said so, it is OK to be a pedophile since Mohamed was one. It is OK to force women and sexually harass them. It is OK to stone them to death if a large enough group of men decide to do so. You can kill your sister if you want. All those practices are sanctioned under Islam. Do you remember the part where Jesus said "He who's free of sin to toss the first stone"? Well as far as I know there's no equivalent in Islam.

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2010, 07:46:34 pm »
It doesn't matter what Jesus said. Christians have been murdering non-Christians for centuries based upon the words in that book and there's no way around it.

It does matter and it does matter a lot. Those massacres done by Christians against non-Christians have no justification. They deviated from the teachings of Jesus in order to do it. No where in the bible does Jesus says to kill your enemy or to kill those who didn't listen to his teachings. While Mohamed expressly calls for the murder and/or enslavement of every single "infidel". The Japanese expressly created their own version of Buddhism so the Samurai could keep up killing people but nowhere else did Prince Siddhartha aka Buddha said it was OK to kill people. In other religions the fanatics just ignore stuff so they can justify their atrocities while in Islam they just have to follow the teachings of Mohamed. It is OK to kill non-Muslim for Mohamed said so, it is OK to be a pedophile since Mohamed was one. It is OK to force women and sexually harass them. It is OK to stone them to death if a large enough group of men decide to do so. You can kill your sister if you want. All those practices are sanctioned under Islam. Do you remember the part where Jesus said "He who's free of sin to toss the first stone"? Well as far as I know there's no equivalent in Islam.

You're talking about these things as if they are more than just words. They aren't. The Bibles, the Torah, the various forms of Buddhism, the variants of Hinduism blah blah, NONE of it is more than words written by men (mostly men). According to Jesus' actual teachings, there are almost no Christians in the world. Nearly NONE of his "followers" do ANY of what he preached nor, it must be said, have they ever. So invoking the Bible as a superior document to the Koran, (which, by the way has not been edited unlike the other Big Books) is sort of Quixotic since Christians themselves mostly ignore its fundamental teachings. They can't even keep the stuff from the Sermon on the Mount straight.

Clearly it doesn't matter what Jesus actually said. Certainly not to the vast majority of "Christians."

Muhammed, by contrast to Jesus (a carpenter from an occupied province and a member, at best, of its tradesman class) was a merchant, fairly prosperous, who travelled the world and saw a great many things including the violence that exists in pretty much every human culture. The Koran reflects this but, as has been pointed out by MANY Muslim scholars, while ti does condone violence against the infidel, it also admonishes Muslims to convert via spreading the Word and to put away their swords in pretty much every situation.

Jihad means Struggle. That's it. It can be interpreted to mean physical battle or it can mean the struggle to follow Allah's commandments.

Yes, violence is on the table for Muslims but it hasn't made them MORE bloodthirsty than Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists or anyone else.  

Indeed, there would be no western civilization without Islam. Zero. Considering their base documents, they've been remarkably restrained.

If there was an "army" of Christians actually walking the walk, yes, you would have a point to make but there isn't so you don't. What you have is a superiority complex that gets in the way when trying to have a real discussion about these things.

I wish Believers, just for one second, could sit in our shoes, those of us who live in the world that doesn't have Magic in it and have to watch them screaming and fighting and killing each other over what, to us, is a bunch of really great stories. It would be like watching Star Wars fans and Star trek fans murdering each other on sight.

There is no difference between these faiths.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 07:55:14 pm by Redjack »

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2010, 06:04:03 am »
Magic: an extraordinary power or influence seemingly from a supernatural source - webster's dictionary

I don't believe in magic, just Christ - Kristopher M. Mosby

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2010, 06:07:12 am »
Damn that Mother Theresa and her murdering ways!!!!!!!! ML King Jr., too

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2010, 06:42:10 am »
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke.

C'mon dude! That's like saying that if some current military Aircraft flew fast enough to break the time barrier and appeared 2,000 years in the past, folks would think that the craft was "magic" simply because they have no knowledge/understanding of 21st century physics????
That's just crazy, man. They'd know it was science, the minute they saw it AND could explain, perfectly, what that aircraft was in about an hour or so. Nice try Francisco! Pick another quote, sir.